Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Yea, the good ol days... Been here since 2002

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I was thinking same, but then I just let it pass knowing the new gen of everything can’t handle a lot of raw stuff.  Nobody’s feelings can be hurt & you can’t talk about a lot of things in public.  Hate to use the term PC, but it’s pretty much the case.  Not y’all’s fault as Mods, just the “rules” of the day.  Today, these more honest convos take place with friends, in the home, at church & sometimes privately at work when you trust the source.  Today we have coward, fake, evil  things like woke & censorship & cancel culture.  That’s all gospel truth.  It’s neither here nor there, but it’s what it is.  Btw, this isn’t some political rant, I’m trying to give my honest personal opinion.  If that makes me sound old or nonconformist or whatever else people assign to those who speak out, that’s cool too. No ban please :D

I wasn't being serious

But to the rest of your comment, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but most of the people here that ultimately get threads locked are older people. People claim they can have rational conversation but their words show otherwise. Like the other day someone who isn't young decided to bring up race in the Julio thread. Like why? It was completely unwarranted

At the end of the day, there's a sub forum available every single day, 24 hours where those conversations are welcome. It's open to everyone. This sub forum is strictly for Falcons related football. We all agree to that the moment we post in this sub forum. 

It's not hard for people to discuss things rationally. You and I can disagree and argue a full 12 hours today and keep it respectful. Everyone can't do that and it's sad. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Happy belated birthday btw. Ive been tied up at work all week. I didn't forget about ya

Thanks. Its cool. Same here. We have audits, data dumps, and young leads who think they know everything. haha 

9 minutes ago, kschreck said:

The first thing I remember from being on these boards was when Vick broke his leg, well.... and Birdweisser

I didn't want to call anyone out, but his antics were PERSONALLY responsible for the creation of Pure Football.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:22 AM, ya_boi_j said:

I wasn't being serious

But to the rest of your comment, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but most of the people here that ultimately get threads locked are older people. People claim they can have rational conversation but their words show otherwise. Like the other day someone who isn't young decided to bring up race in the Julio thread. Like why? It was completely unwarranted

At the end of the day, there's a sub forum available every single day, 24 hours where those conversations are welcome. It's open to everyone. This sub forum is strictly for Falcons related football. We all agree to that the moment we post in this sub forum. 

It's not hard for people to discuss things rationally. You and I can disagree and argue a full 12 hours today and keep it respectful. Everyone can't do that and it's sad. 

That’s all fine.  I made a rational take while speaking to you pretty easily & honestly.  It’s not difficult to do.

I must have missed the one where race came up or that portion of it.  Racial stuff is the biggest political hot potato of our day. This may not be the forum for it but it def needs to be discussed peacefully somewhere.

Unfortunately football in the NFL has become politicized.  When they did that it opened the door & invited in a host of things outside of the sport itself.

It’s funny how racial stuff has gotten worse rather than better in recent years.  It’s used for power & control. That’s all I’ll say as this isn’t the place duh.

I let the Lord lead me in all things.  Everything I said in my last post to you was based in truth & reality from my heart. 

I enjoy this forum.  I have no issues with the rules here.  I think y’all mods do the best you can. I’m sure you & I would disagree on quite a lot of things but also agree on quite a lot.  One thing we all know is that we love football & this team.  Old or young, our freedoms are the most important thing. When that changes, we’re all in big trouble.

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I wasn't being serious

Exactly. And to piggy back on @HASHBROWN3’s comments, it’s not about being PC on here. Take the Julio topic for example. The board is very 50-50 on the subject. Half the fans want Julio to win elsewhere and understand him wanting out. The other half are hurt and pissed at him. Your opinion on the subject doesn’t matter. It’s when someone says “get off Julio’s nuts” or “Jeez dude wipe your mouth!” They’ve taken it to a level of disrespect. And that’s what’s not tolerated here. And those same people who make comments like that are the same ones who complain that we live in such a “PC world” now. You’re allowed to have your opinion. But there’s a difference between having an unpopular opinion and flat out saying something disrespectful 

It’s something banned members don’t understand. They think they’ve been banned because they don’t like Matt Ryan. Has nothing to do with it...

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Exactly. And to piggy back on @HASHBROWN3’s comments, it’s not about being PC on here. Take the Julio topic for example. The board is very 50-50 on the subject. Half the fans want Julio to win elsewhere and understand him wanting out. The other half are hurt and pissed at him. Your opinion on the subject doesn’t matter. It’s when someone says “get off Julio’s nuts” or “Jeez dude wipe your mouth!” They’ve taken it to a level of disrespect. And that’s what’s not tolerated here. And those same people who make comments like that are the same ones who complain that we live in such a “PC world” now. You’re allowed to have your opinion. But there’s a difference between having an unpopular opinion and flat out saying something disrespectful 

It’s something banned members don’t understand. They think they’ve been banned because they don’t like Matt Ryan. Has nothing to do with it...

Yeah pretty much. I was about to respond to his last message. It literally has nothing to do with being PC or political, people just legit have no clue how to interact with other people without taking it to a level it has no business being taken. And sadly, it's the same exact people pretty much every single time. And they're mostly all older posters who you'd think would be able to not take it there, especially about football or a certain player

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Good points.  Got to admit though sometimes it takes a little digging to try to understand where someone’s heart is.  Because there are some underlying agendas with folks & sometimes it’s not so innocent lol.  I can be frank but my heart is pure I know that.  I don’t hate anyone.  But there is behavior that I don’t care for.  You can love the person & hate the behavior.  

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Good points.  Got to admit though sometimes it takes a little digging to try to understand where someone’s heart is.  Because there are some underlying agendas with folks & sometimes it’s not so innocent lol.  I can be frank but my heart is pure I know that.  I don’t hate anyone.  But there is behavior that I don’t care for.  You can love the person & hate the behavior.  

Oh trust, you can tell when there's a clear agenda. That's when you just overlook them. Take my word for it

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah pretty much. I was about to respond to his last message. It literally has nothing to do with being PC or political, people just legit have no clue how to interact with other people without taking it to a level it has no business being taken. And sadly, it's the same exact people pretty much every single time. And they're mostly all older posters who you'd think would be able to not take it there, especially about football or a certain player

I know I get set in my feelings about stuff. But I like folks to know where I stand.  It’s not a fight for no reason mentality, it’s about what’s in my heart.  But I promise there are younger people who’ve been taught to believe some things that aren’t necessarily true I promise.  I do think that young people are less willing to have conflictive debates.  Oh brother, this ain’t really going anywhere so...

59 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I for sure remember johnnyBuc never had a problem with the guy actually was good times with him around lol.  Bucman is still around we just can't get rid of that wart but i still love him to XD

This thread made me think of him.. I've been on here about 20 years and man did we have some Buc trolls back then! Things used to get heated.. We all hated Warren Sapp! 😆 

2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I was shocked to see @SacFalcFan. and @Shiney_McShine on the boards a few weeks ago.  Sac was always cool as a mod, still killing it in the college forum.  I liked Shiney, but he would be the one to ban me.  I used to try and circumvent the no-no filter and use creative means of using Anglo Saxon barbs.  👿

Never got banned, but Shiney issued me a Warning back in 2009. Not quite sure why I got warned, but it still remains on my Profile to this day.

11 minutes ago, theProf said:

Never got banned, but Shiney issued me a Warning back in 2009. Not quite sure why I got warned, but it still remains on my Profile to this day.

I didn't even know you could conversate until a few years ago lol. I only saw you post articles for the longest time

1 hour ago, Joey563 said:

JohnnyBuc was awesome...

LOL he was awesome until someone photoshopped a Falcons beanie and jersey on his photo of him posing  in front of the Super Bowl trophy.  He was pissed.  His daughter was a great poster on these boards too.  

Just now, freakyfalcon said:

LOL he was awesome until someone photoshopped a Falcons beanie and jersey on his photo of him posing  in front of the Super Bowl trophy.  He was pissed.  His daughter was a great poster too.  

i forgot about his daughter. What was her name?