Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Been here since 03. I actually left when Bankerbird became a mod. That dude bruh.. I swear.

Edited by jetpac

2 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Son, not you, I'm talking about those biased *** mini-mods they had roaming the boards that would ban people for no reason, give out warnings for no reason........ they  generally sucked ***!  The mini-mod era was long ago, you could never be that terrible, even on your worst day! 

You taught me well

I've been here a long time, not 20 years, but a long time. Lost my names a couple of times, and a myriad of posts. 

I must say that I get really tired of this "old vs. new" stuff. I have loved the boards since the day I joined. I don't care if some posters are negative, or if they post stupid, incoherent, blather. I find it funny, and I come here to learn about the Falcons, keep up with current happenings, and humor.

Some of the old timers here take stuff WAY too seriously, and have that, "it was way better back in my day" type of mentality.  

Well if you're tired, and need to take a break, take one. I for one will stay and enjoy what this board brings to my every day life.

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I've been here a long time, not 20 years, but a long time. Lost my names a couple of times, and a myriad of posts. 

I must say that I get really tired of this "old vs. new" stuff. I have loved the boards since the day I joined. I don't care if some posters are negative, or if they post stupid, incoherent, blather. I find it funny, and I come here to learn about the Falcons, keep up with current happenings, and humor.

Some of the old timers here take stuff WAY too seriously, and have that, "it was way better back in my day" type of mentality.  

Well if you're tired, and need to take a break, take one. I for one will stay and enjoy what this board brings to my every day life.

I took several breaks.  One was for nearly 5 years!  It helps.  Things get stale, and certain folks can really get on your nerves and kill the joy.  I left the first time during the height of the flame wars.  There was precious little Falcons being discussed at that time, just personal attacks.  One of the worst from that time still posts here regularly.  The dude PURSUED me from thread to thread to talk **** to me because I found his reasoning not in alignment with my own.  It was relentless.  I have never been called "boy" or "Son" so much by one guy.  So, for sanity and not wanting to be an equal *****, I took time away.  It really helps.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You taught me well

I will say this much, ban any Panties fan that compared Delhomme to Montana, and compared that bum *** team to the 49'ers dynasty IMMEDIATELY!  Yes that actually happened on here, and she was dead *** serious when she (yes, SHE, had her photo in her avi, and she looked like Frankenstein's sister) typed that poem/ode to that bum *** team!  

Came here in 2002.  Oh, a grand age of wit and urbane exchange 'twas!  

--

But then the unthinkable happened, and nothing has been the same since.  

Our lives have been a spiral of despair, loneliness and frustration ever since Falconmania777 vanished.  

Come back, 777...we need you.  Now more than ever.  

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

I will say this much, ban any Panties fan that compared Delhomme to Montana, and compared that bum *** team to the 49'ers dynasty IMMEDIATELY!  Yes that actually happened on here, and she was dead *** serious when she (yes, SHE, had her photo in her avi, and she looked like Frankenstein's sister) typed that poem/ode to that bum *** team!  

🤣 Not Frankenstein's sister

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

🤣 Not Frankenstein's sister

No lies told, and one good thing about the lack of moderation from that era was that she was informed of her looks and she should seek help for her mental problem!  Not me, but they went IN on her!  I was too busy laughing at that dumb *** poem! 🤣

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

No lies told, and one good thing about the lack of moderation from that era was that she was informed of her looks and she should seek help for her mental problem!  Not me, but they went IN on her!  I was too busy laughing at that dumb *** poem! 🤣

🤣 Now that's one I would pay to see

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Good Ol' Dan. he got me my first sideline passes to my very first falcon game. Not to mention asking me and a few others to come to the training camp to give input on the design and functionality of the AF website back the. I met a lot of cool folks that day. Including Sac/Gazoo/ and Cappy...and lots more.  Yeah those were the days.

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

--

Our lives have been a spiral of despair, loneliness and frustration ever since Falconmania777 vanished.  

LOL now that dude was cazy but great entertainment.

21 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I was shocked to see @SacFalcFan. and @Shiney_McShine on the boards a few weeks ago.  Sac was always cool as a mod, still killing it in the college forum.  I liked Shiney, but he would be the one to ban me.  I used to try and circumvent the no-no filter and use creative means of using Anglo Saxon barbs.  👿

Who were you back then? Sorry i probably should know this ..but I go in and out so much.

What happened to daddyKnowsBes...biggie falcon...too many names have disappeared.  Shaman.....etc

13 minutes ago, octoslash said:

--

That dude was hilariously delusional! Loved having that freak show on the boards. Each day I looked forward to some really off the wall posts. Cracked me up.

3 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Who were you back then? Sorry i probably should know this ..but I go in and out so much.

What happened to daddyKnowsBes...biggie falcon...too many names have disappeared.  Shaman.....etc

I used a friends log-in for a few years, he went by InLikeFlynn.  He passed away.  So I changed my name to Barnstormer for like ten minutes and then been Herr Doktor for @ 15 years or so.

29 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I was shocked to see @SacFalcFan. and @Shiney_McShine on the boards a few weeks ago.  Sac was always cool as a mod, still killing it in the college forum.  I liked Shiney, but he would be the one to ban me.  I used to try and circumvent the no-no filter and use creative means of using Anglo Saxon barbs.  👿

you rebel you lol

36 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Couldn’t have said it better man. It’s just a message board. Waaaaay more to life 

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why does this sound like a subliminal mod attack

I was thinking same, but then I just let it pass knowing the new gen of everything can’t handle a lot of raw stuff.  Nobody’s feelings can be hurt & you can’t talk about a lot of things in public.  Hate to use the term PC, but it’s pretty much the case.  Not y’all’s fault as Mods, just the “rules” of the day.  Today, these more honest convos take place with friends, in the home, at church & sometimes privately at work when you trust the source.  Today we have coward, fake, evil  things like woke & censorship & cancel culture.  That’s all gospel truth.  It’s neither here nor there, but it’s what it is.  Btw, this isn’t some political rant, I’m trying to give my honest personal opinion.  If that makes me sound old or nonconformist or whatever else people assign to those who speak out, that’s cool too. No ban please :D

I think I came across the site around the 2012 playoffs but didn't start posting until a couple years later. I was transitioning from highschool to working while in college around that time.