Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

Man I haven’t even made it to year 10. I think I lurked for a year before making a comment. I can’t even imagine me here during height of Vick era. ****😂😂😂 I would probably shed tears from the nostalgia...

I’ve been here since about 1998. I have lost my post total several times when the board went through some of its updates and modifications.  

I remember Gazoo, SacFalcFan, ChandlerisGod, Bellis24 and Direwolf among many others. Actually met Direwolf at an exhibition game once.

Among the “storylines” I recall are:

1. Some guy saying he got a bad spider bite but it turned out not to be true

2. Two people wanting to meet and fight at a Waffle House over something

3. Shpvyg the idiot Tampa Bay fan

4. Metter Falcon and New Lady Falcon’s romance played out on the boards

5. Hive Sop Dap

6. Jeff Saturday’s supposed wife or family member who got exposed as a phony  

many others

I still enjoy coming here and for the record, I think the mods do a great job. 

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I’ve been here since about 1998. I have lost my post total several times when the board went through some of its updates and modifications.  

I remember Gazoo, SacFalcFan, ChandlerisGod, Bellis24 and Direwolf among many others. Actually met Direwolf at an exhibition game once.

Among the “storylines” I recall are:

1. Some guy saying he got a bad spider bite but it turned out not to be true

2. Two people wanting to meet and fight at a Waffle House over something

3. Shpvyg the idiot Tampa Bay fan

4. Metter Falcon and New Lady Falcon’s romance played out on the boards

5. Hive Sop Dap

6. Jeff Saturday’s supposed wife or family member who got exposed as a phony  

many others

I still enjoy coming here and for the record, I think the mods do a great job. 

You're not a real OG unless you remember JB Hendus thread about the girl who wasnt his but was in Spirit

I lurked without an account for about 5 years until joining in 2008. 

I remember working night shifts early on during my lurker days and would always enjoy the conversation between the guys that would be up conversing overnight into Sunday's gameday. I forgot what they called themselves.

I’ve gotta be close between 15 -20 years reading all the old names dayum where does the time go ?

I put up this pic of Ryan when he was drafted never changed it. Wow that was 2008 seems like yesterday old noodle arm threw his first pass for a TD to Jenkins and Coach Smith came over to congratulate him.

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I lurked without an account for about 5 years until joining in 2008. 

I remember working night shifts early on during my lurker days and would always enjoy the conversation between the guys that would be up conversing overnight into Sunday's gameday. I forgot what they called themselves.

WFW has a file of TATF lurkers...it long and frightening...:lol:

I lurked for about a year & then joined in 2001 as Radiobirdman. Lost that account during one of the board updates, so I created this one... and then lost a ton of my post count during a later board update.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

WFW has a file of TATF lurkers...it long and frightening...:lol:

😂

I also was a mod on another Falcons message board back when Scout had good message boards for every team. Was easy to go between the different teams boards and converse about the upcoming games with other fans.

When that got bought out by some other company (24/7 sports or something) they ruined all the message boards and that's what led me to finally create my account here.

I know their was a good portion that came here from the Scout boards back then but have no idea if any still post here or what name they go by.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

been here since 2008 lots of changes and such since then far less trolls too thankfully but spot on dtan will always be my favorite troll though dude was funny lol 

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Yessir.  I've been around since about that time as well, though I'm not certain of my official start date. hehe.

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Been here since '98, member number 82 on the entire board (under another name (couldn't remember my password after my father passed and I left the board for almost two years, so I made another account, this one, been here since)).  I know what several of you look like in person because there was a get together at the dome one year, I was tailgating with my people nearby, and there was a member on here that I know personally, that person was at the get together when I walked by, and she pointed several of you out! 😆 

I say that to say this, the board was much more chill and relaxed back in the early days, you could have an honest discussion about the Falcons back then without starting a war.  People talked Falcons football, good and bad.  We had a member here (don't want to call out a name) that would do a play-by-play breakdown of every Falcons game!  Those were the days.  The board went downhill, and IMNSHO, never recovered after the Vick debacle and the inability of the mod to get control of the board.  One concession that was made for us that wanted to get away from that mess was Pure Football.  Pure Football hung in there for awhile, but went downhill.  We lost very good posters, and generally good people (IRL), over the lack of board moderation.  TATF was never the same after.  Oh, the mini-mod era sucked!  My $0.02.

I used to suffer from really bad cluster headaches.  They would wake me up and I would be in severe pain.  Usually at 2 a.m. there was a small crew on, usually talking about movies and such.  @helmex and @ibis used to talk with me while I was in blinding pain.  @judas yeast and a couple of others, like iowahorse, jgator, Mr Big Pants, BigBaloo, used to be on alot.  Direwolf has been around an age.  There was some guys on Anything But Football I used to love reading, 2Smooth4You was a blast.  Then there was this guy, went by discwesger or something and we used to bag on him and call him dishwasher. 

Clownorg was always a cat I loved to read.  He did not give a ****. 

VickyStinks and MagicJava used to crack me up.  And Bankerbird was a cat I used to talk TOTO with a lot!  The world has changed, and the places to speak Falcons has grown exponentially.  I used to use DIAL-UP to talk with guys here!

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

old.jpg

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Tell me how you really feel 😡

Son, not you, I'm talking about those biased *** mini-mods they had roaming the boards that would ban people for no reason, give out warnings for no reason........ they  generally sucked ***!  The mini-mod era was long ago, you could never be that terrible, even on your worst day!