Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

I was 4 years old when the franchise was begat. (is that a word?) ;) I'm a somewhat old fart, but we're reversed on the other end. I joined the board only 2-3 years ago. Lurked for several years earlier. I was in a family business after high school where we got to know more than a few sports figures in Atlanta back in the day. Got to do some events with several Falcons and Braves players and / or coaches over those early years. Good times for a 20+ year old by that time. I get what you are saying about being a part of the deal. You can bond big time, whether with the players or the fans. And if players and coaches haven't changed during these years, never think for a minute that they don't care about what their fans think. They do. That's why we're here!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Been here since around 1997 the board looked a lot different in those days.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Those were different times man. Easy to forget considering how divided we are now

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was around back in those days. I think i was in 99 or 2000. I knew Cappy as DJ11, dire Wolf was around and Daddy Knows Best too lol

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was here. I joined the same year. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why does this sound like a subliminal mod attack

Shut up Five-Oh 😁

Seriously, the Levak-only years were solid. But the new mods beat the original mini-mods by a mile. 

I’d have gotten a threatening PM for that joke back in those days. And if I posted about the PM I’d have been banned. The bigger problem is, favorites were played. That in-between period had a lot of us posting less, and a lot of folks leaving the board entirely. 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Seriously, the Levak-only years were solid. But the new mods beat the original mini-mods by a mile. 

I’d have gotten a threatening PM for that joke back in those days. And if I posted about the PM I’d have been banned. The bigger problem is, favorites were played. That in-between period had a lot of us posting less, and a lot of folks leaving the board entirely. 

It got hostile for a number of years.  I stepped away for nearly 5 years.  Got bored around Christmas time and found my way back.  

I miss aspects of the old days, probably because there were far more people posting then.  Times change and there are plenty of ways to talk Falcons now that we didn't have in 2001.

Shiiiiet to think I’ve been around this place for going on 13 years... The ‘life’ that happened is pretty crazy to think about.

TATF has been there the whole time as a consistent reminder that people, especially fans of sports teams, are completely insane. 

It’s of course only right that ‘70 reminds me of this.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sounds like the Mods don't do she-it for him anymore type thread...but it's all good.

I've been on the boards over 20 years and I'm not tired, so y'all are stuck with me, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. 

We will remember that when he writes his annual letter to the GM and Head Coach this year. 

I've been here for about 15 years. 2 names. @Knight of God and I used to go at it like cats and dogs back then. Mainly my fault because I was a young boy and gave zero f's about anything or anyone period. Wreckless. Unlike some I learn as I grow

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

We will remember that when he writes his annual letter to the GM and Head Coach this year. 

I've been here for about 15 years. 2 names. @Knight of God and I used to go at it like cats and dogs back then. Mainly my fault because I was a young boy and gave zero f's about anything or anyone period. Wreckless. Unlike some I learn as I grow

You've done well young Padawan. You come from good stock. You've always been good to me, even in the Rival Central days, and I know I can be a handful sometimes. 

And for the record how could anyone go after @Knight of God:tiphat:

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You've done well young Padawan. You come from good stock. You've always been good to me, even in the Rival Central days, and I know I can be a handful sometimes. 

And for the record how could anyone go after @Knight of God:tiphat:

He can confirm. I didn't back down, even if I made a complete fool of myself 😂

Now, I cant do all of that. After 2 or 3 replies, I'm done with the conversation unless I really have nothing else to do