Jump to content

Unlimited money @ Braves


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I feel sorry for the poor slobs paying out big bucks in tickets, concessions and parking to watch this absolute garbage product.  You couldn’t pay me to go to Truist right now.  I’m actually watching NHL playoffs right now.  Don’t really have a team but much more entertaining and satisfying than watching the Braves flounder like a bunch of puscatores!

Hawks have captured my exclusive attention.  Braves are delegated to “track score on phone/I’m bored, nothing else is happening” status. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Hawks have captured my exclusive attention.  Braves are delegated to “track score on phone/I’m bored, nothing else is happening” status. 

Exactly.  I have only watched 2 Braves games this year as I refuse to watch an underachieving team until they are at least .500 record.  I doubt I watch any games the rest of the year as I doubt they see .500 again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 007dawg said:

Exactly.  I have only watched 2 Braves games this year as I refuse to watch an underachieving team until they are at least .500 record.  I doubt I watch any games the rest of the year as I doubt they see .500 again

It definitely made me reconsider my plans to go to a series this year.  I went to games in 2015-2017, but I had zero expectations.  This squad, no excuse, WTH? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Born Again Georgian said:

It definitely made me reconsider my plans to go to a series this year.  I went to games in 2015-2017, but I had zero expectations.  This squad, no excuse, WTH? 

I’ll still probably go to at least one game as I just love the atmosphere of a baseball game. Tickets will be cheap in August and September when we are way out of the playoffs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

This bullpen has a couple of good pieces and the rest are a major part of one of the problems. I just feel this team is broken.  The Ozuna news just broke this team.  They need some new juice.  

That’s all well and good and understood, but there’s baseball to be played and in regard to Ozuna they need to have an attitude of **** him and move ahead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is like the 3rs time this year where the pitcher not covering the plate cost them a run

Is it because pitchers never work on anything but pitching and not putting in the time to work on their important role and the 9th defender?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Hawks have captured my exclusive attention.  Braves are delegated to “track score on phone/I’m bored, nothing else is happening” status. 

I wish I could take that stance but I have this sick fetish of not being able to look away from a good dumpster fire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

That’s all well and good and understood, but there’s baseball to be played and in regard to Ozuna they need to have an attitude of **** him and move ahead. 

You are right but that team needs to talk as a team and start policing each other.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

with 55 games in, we're already past 1/3 of our current season. We haven't been sniffed higher than .500 all year, and these games where we are playing good teams I already have it chalked up as a series loss. Honestly this is the team we have this year. I think we win 75 games this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really nothing to say other than we suck except when we don’t. We are a .500 team. Next year we really need to not sign old fart pitchers and hope we don’t sign a wife beater. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah if the season goes flop then you have to look at giving Smyly giving $11M and Liberty slashing the budget. Ozuna nobody can anticipate that. Everyone wanted the Braves to give him that contract. Thats just a really, really unfortunate thing in a lot of aspects. Morton has been what you expect. His whip is 1.2 and FIP is 3.75. Thats pretty much what you get from him and thats fine for a #4 SP. You thought if Morton was going 6 IP, 3 ER with this offense thats plenty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel what really hurt the team is AA giving $11 million to SP that at worst loses you 1 game out of 5. Instead of keeping the Pen a strength. A bad Pen can lose you more games than 1 SP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, brdu4 said:

I feel what really hurt the team is AA giving $11 million to SP that at worst loses you 1 game out of 5. Instead of keeping the Pen a strength. A bad Pen can lose you more games than 1 SP. 

they would have been better off spending that $11mil on the pen, and go with your young prospects for SP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...