Jump to content

2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1


jayu70
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Yeah, Skip even tried to put more blame on Embiid as to why the Sixers lost.

Skip refuses to hold Simmons responsible for his play throughout the series.

 

Skip is rooting for the Clippers to win it all. I hope the Suns mop the floor with them.

If ima be honest, Embiid deserves a crap ton of the blame for the L too. Maybe not quite as much as Simmons and Doc, but right next to them. Dude does nothing in the 4th, is unclutch AF, turns the ball over like 8 times a game, and wants to deflect all blame. The 6ers are just a weak *** team mentally, and it starts up top with Embiid, down to Simmons, and Doc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

FIFY

It is a skill that players can learn. It once applied to Durant and LeBron, too. LeBron deferred far too much in the 4th quarter early in his career. The Durant that just lost a game 7 was better than the one who carried OKC on his shoulders. He wanted the ball.

Embiid and Simmons still play like the rest of the league should fall at their feet. This latest embarrassment should work as a litmus test for both. But I agree with the people who say Simmons looks broken. I've never seen someone pass up a dunk/layup in that situation before. He's that scared he might get fouled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jidady said:

Embiid just isn't clutch yet.

All I know is we would have been given Tree Rollins **** if he did that in playoff game and Embiid is bringing in 29 million a year, and a 35 year old 13 year veteran NBA can swipe the ball away from you? **** and Im not taking anything from Gallo it was a superb defensive play, coaches love that kind of play. Still you don't turn it over, at least get a shot off and hope for an offensive rebound. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Check out the Game 7 thread on the Sixers message board. They are roasting Simmons and Doc. Even Harris and Embiid. Pure comedy. Hawks have them in a tailspin over there.

 

I don't blame them.

 

Sixers spent all of that money on a Big 3, but yet can't get anywhere close to over the hump in the playoffs.

 

I saw a video of an ESPN show that Magic Johnson was on yesterday. The topic was brought up about was it a mistake when the Sixers decided to not let Jimmy Butler walk 2 years ago and not paid either Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons.

 

Jimmy Butler and Joel Embiid alone would've faired much better than the Sixers Big 3 of Embiid/Harris/Simmons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Check out the Game 7 thread on the Sixers message board. They are roasting Simmons and Doc. Even Harris and Embiid. Pure comedy. Hawks have them in a tailspin over there.

Magic was defending Doc on First Take yesterday. Yet Stephen A said Nash was the 2nd top reason the Nets lost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I don't blame them.

 

Sixers spent all of that money on a Big 3, but yet can't get anywhere close to over the hump in the playoffs.

The Process was a failed idea. It assumes teams won't mess up draft picks. After the 76ers acknowledge the obvious and deal Ben Simmons, they'll only have Embiid to show for the failed experiment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jidady said:

The Process was a failed idea. It assumes teams won't mess up draft picks. After the 76ers acknowledge the obvious and deal Ben Simmons, they'll only have Embiid to show for the failed experiment.

 

Yep, and that's also after failing with another former 1st overall pick.

 

....Markelle Fultz.

 

The process was 1-2 with Embid being the only good high pick. Sixers lucked up and got Embiid because he was injured which made him slide down to #3 overall back in 2014. There was talks of him possibly going ahead of Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker if he would've been 100% healthy.

 

Crazy that the Sixers were able to strike gold during a terrible 2014 draft but yet failed with drafting Fultz and possibly Simmons the 2 times they had the #1 overall pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep, and that's also after failing with another former 1st overall pick.

 

....Markelle Fultz.

 

The process was 1-2 with Embid being the only good high pick. Sixers lucked up and got Embiid because he was injured which made him slide down to #3 overall back in 2014. There was talks of him possibly going ahead of Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker if he would've been 100% healthy.

 

Crazy that the Sixers were able to strike gold during a terrible 2014 draft but yet failed with drafting Fultz and possibly Simmons the 2 times they had the #1 overall pick.

Some would say bad luck. Some would say lack of coaching. Either way they blew it. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Some would say bad luck. Some would say lack of coaching. Either way they blew it. LOL

They didn’t blow it. They got it wrong against a Superior opponent tending up. That’s why they play. 7 game series man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

They didn’t blow it. They got it wrong against a Superior opponent tending up. That’s why they play. 7 game series man. 

 

He was talking about the Sixers tanking all those years just to end up with only one real bonafide superstar in Joel Embiid.

 

Markelle Fultz was a failure and Ben Simmons is starting to look like one because he hasn't gotten better in the most important aspects of his game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...