2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1

jayu70

30 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Told my wife this very thing about the road wins on the way home tonight after work from the ATL. First thing about the Hawks we talked about tonight on the way home. The road wins. 

Yeah bro been a fan since the sixties. Never seen anything like Trae. Ever. Crafty. Competition score on 10. Awesome.

24 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Embiid is truly a freak. Bootleg Curry was on fire all series. Major props to our guys for beating them that was impressive 

I didn’t realize Philly was 62-9 at home their last 71 games there. Dominant. And then we beat them 3 times out of 4 games there this series wow

Also I think Shaq really likes us lol

I still can’t believe the plays Indeed made. Good Lawd he was a load. I’d give MVP to him, Booker, KD or Trae.

7 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep

That was ridiculous.

To be honest, Ben Simmons might be just damaged goods now. This loss doesn't do him any favors. He may need to get out of Philly as soon as possible.

They were saying he needs to work on getting a shot, I think this is now MUCH DEEPER than just practicing free throws and jump shots. 

Dude literally is petrified of having the ball in late game situations! That’s almost impossible to change! 

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

They were saying he needs to work on getting a shot, I think this is now MUCH DEEPER than just practicing free throws and jump shots. 

Dude literally is petrified of having the ball in late game situations! That’s almost impossible to change! 

True

I don't even think a sports psychiatrist can do anything at this point. He's terrified of the pressure of playing offensively.

I don't understand how he got this way. There's been many NBA players who've sucked at shooting and free throws but still continued to try and played aggressively on the offensive side of the ball.

Even Dennis Rodman tried to play offensively when opportunities presented themselves.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Big *** chump!! Really going to blame the Refs when he benefited from calls the whole series, SMFH!!!

Why am I not surprised!?? 

And Nationally, this series has shown the lack a mental make up the Sixers have. I can’t believe that the rest of the country isn’t looking at them like the punks they are by blaming everyone else for squandering two BIG leads in a row and going 1-3 at home!

19 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True

I don't even think a sports psychiatrist can do anything at this point. He's terrified of the pressure of playing offensively.

I don't understand how he got this way. There's been many NBA players who've sucked at shooting and free throws but still continued to try and played aggressively on the offensive side of the ball.

Even Dennis Rodman tried to play offensively when opportunities presented themselves.

It would be a completely different thing IF he was still actually taking the shots and missing but he won’t even do that!

On top of that, he is in the WORSE TOWN to have a mental block! No way does he ever get over this up There!

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Why am I not surprised!?? 

And Nationally, this series has shown the lack a mental make up the Sixers have. I can’t believe that the rest of the country isn’t looking at them like the punks they are by blaming everyone else for squandering two BIG leads in a row and going 1-3 at home!

I saw Skip Bayless' twitter and he mentioned pretty much how Embiid was doing too much mid-range shooting and 3-point attempts instead of posting up and dominating Capela in the paint like he did most of the season.

Embiid needs to blame himself for playing mostly a fineness style when everything was on the line in a game 7.

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It would be a completely different thing IF he was still actually taking the shots and missing but he won’t even do that!

On top of that, he is in the WORSE TOWN to have a mental block! No way does he ever get over this up There!

The most logical thing for the Sixers to do is to find a way to ship Simmons off. His stock is at an all time low and his contract will be a problem though.

My honest opinion, Doc Rivers may want him to stick around because Doc makes really dumb decisions when he's desperate.

35 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I saw Skip Bayless' twitter and he mentioned pretty much how Embiid was doing too much mid-range shooting and 3-point attempts instead of posting up and dominating Capela in the paint like he did most of the season.

Embiid needs to blame himself for playing mostly a fineness style when everything was on the line in a game 7.

Didn’t you know, he was getting fouled too much by the invisible man for that! 

The FLOPPER said it himself, remember??? :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

The most logical thing for the Sixers to do is to find a way to ship Simmons off. His stock is at an all time low and his contract will be a problem though.

My honest opinion, Doc Rivers may want him to stick around because Doc makes really dumb decisions when he's desperate.

Who’s gonna take him(with that salary/contract) with him looking like a broken player?

TBH, if I was a GM and they called me, they got to give me something to take that headache off their hands. (Like a #1 or more)

Even if you are a young team, I’m not sure he makes them better at this point. 

IF he was a FA or didn’t have that Contract I could see them moving on but not with that paper. Philly might be stuck with him for a while.

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Big *** chump!! Really going to blame the Refs when he benefited from calls the whole series, SMFH!!!

Didn’t know the refs blew two high double digit leads in a row. 

Oh and with his reputation around the league as a flopper, I’m sure this will go over well and I’m ABSOLUTELY sure that’s what Philly fans want to hear after them blowing it again! 🤣

9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

What a wuss! My son said at the time of that paly, Mom even you would try and take the shot! He's right, I would at least try! Wouldn't make it, but heck yea, I would at least try!

Like I mentioned earlier, all the work in the world in the gym won’t help him, when he has a mental block to take, let alone, make the big shot.