2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1

jayu70

17 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Listen, Bogi choked. He couldn't hit the ocean if he fell out of a boat last night in the most important game of his career. If that continues in game 7, Trae will have to launch 45 shots. Other than marginal scorers like Gallinari and Heurter, the Hawks have nothing. It's too bad Cam and Dre' are hurt. They are special wing players with scoring ability from the perimeter, and are legit defensively. 

Bogi probably won’t even play. We’re gonna need Lou to get on another one of his hot streaks. We definitely can’t shoot under 50% from the line and need to hit some threes.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bogi probably won’t even play. We’re gonna need Lou to get on another one of his hot streaks. We definitely can’t shoot under 50% from the line and need to hit some threes.

Lou with the hot hand and Gallo on target could decide, you already know Trae will be on fire 

1 hour ago, Expert Poster said:

If we're without Bogi, someone like Collins or Huerter will need to have a career-best game. It'd also be nice if we could contain Seth Curry and he finally has an off night. 

Collins has to step up and play like the max player he claims to be. So far he's been average. 

If the Hawks were to win tomorrow, do y'all like their chances against the Bucks?

Can Capela at least limit Giannis? Because that would be key to the potential series. Giannis doesn't have nearly the amount of tools in his bag that Embiid has. Giannis is an athletic freak though.

5 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well, maybe that's why his shooting started taking a slump. Didn't he have knee surgery at some point this season?

I hope he can go. As bad as his shooting has been, the Hawks can't afford to take another hit with injury.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

If the Hawks were to win tomorrow, do y'all like their chances against the Bucks?

Can Capela at least limit Giannis? Because that would be key to the potential series. Giannis doesn't have nearly the amount of tools in his bag that Embiid has. Giannis is an athletic freak though.

I like our chances. I know harden had a bad game seven. But if THatris can go off on us, who would stop harden. 

or Jrue for that matter 

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Cap can handle GA better than JE. G doesn’t have the offensive arsenal of Je. 

17 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Well, maybe that's why his shooting started taking a slump. Didn't he have knee surgery at some point this season?

I hope he can go. As bad as his shooting has been, the Hawks can't afford to take another hit with injury.

I hope Philly gets arrogant and the Hawks make them pay.

I heard I think it was Marcellus Whiley said that Doc Rivers has the most game 7 losses. Can't remember if he said in the past 25 years or all time.

49 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think I'd try to throw Collins and Gallinari at him and let Capela concentrate on the paint area. If they're reasonably healthy (with Bogi available and no additional injuries occurring in game 7), I think the Hawks can hang with anyone left in the playoff field. 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Let Giannis get his and try to limit Middleton and Holiday.

2 hours ago, Willy Mo said:

KD just played an entire game + and overtime at 30 coming off a devastating injury

I need Trae to play all 48 tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

We really can’t afford him to play anything less than 43 minutes. I hope McMillan realizes this. 

The only question I have about that is that we've noticed Trae icing his shoulder when he's on the bench.

To what extent is his shoulder bothering him? Would Trae need to come out for extended periods of time just to tend to it and keep it loose? Does that play a role into his minutes?

On 6/18/2021 at 10:32 PM, thanat0s said:

Honestly, no matter what happens, who can complain?! 

We were headed to the lottery in March. This team rose from the trash heap and has had a great playoff run, and pushed the top seed to game 7.

If I told you that’d be the case in February, even if I didn’t tell you the outcome of G7, you’d say that’s a fantastic year.

I think they’ll get it done Sunday, and keep playing. But if I’m wrong, I don’t care. It’s been an exciting few weeks!

In a whole seasonal perspective type of way, you are absolutely correct and my response was completely in the moment and not overall reflective of the perspective.

With all that said, we are where we are and there isn’t any guarantee that we will ever get back here so you have to win when you can, regardless.

Bogi being out in the fourth was a big miss as well and if he doesn’t play game seven that’s our @ss! 

But win or lose this was a fun unexpected ride indeed!

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

In a whole seasonal perspective type of way, you are absolutely correct and my response was completely in the moment and not overall reflective of the perspective.

With all that said, we are where we are and there isn’t any guarantee that we will ever get back here so you have to win when you can, regardless.

Bogi being out in the fourth was a big miss as well and if he doesn’t play game seven that’s our @ss! 

But win or lose this was a fun unexpected ride indeed!

I know some people might not agree with this mentality, because we are winning one game away from the ECF, but I think this season is a success regardless of what happens tonight

The NBA is a rugged league. It's superstar driven and in a 7 game series, the better team wins almost every time.  Right now, Embiid is on another level, and his role players, people like Seth Curry, are showing up and driving them to victory.

Trae is a superstar on another level too. Is it frustrating to watch him go ballistic and have his role players **** the bed while Tyrese Maxey is putting up 13 points? Yes.

But we're without Hunter and Cam, and Bogi, supposedly, has been playing hurt. We're not seeing our full potential this year regardless.

And yet still, we are one game away from knocking off the one seed. No need to panic, blowup the roster, or jump to some wild conclusions.

We get Hunter back next year and bring back JC? I think we'll be top 3 in the east after another year of Trae and everyone else getting better. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm going on the record and saying, we win this series in 5 games if we had DeAndre Hunter at full strength. Is there some homerism in there? Yeah. But I don't think we lose game 3 with him, and we won game 5.  This team is really really good. We're what, 35-14 or something with Nate? Let's not be all doom and gloom if we don't pull it out tonight

21 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

I'm going on the record and saying, we win this series in 5 games if we had DeAndre Hunter at full strength. Is there some homerism in there? Yeah. But I don't think we lose game 3 with him, and we won game 5.  This team is really really good. We're what, 35-14 or something until Nate? Let's not be all doom and gloom if we don't pull it out tonight

I agree with you on that and have even said I thought we would be a potential finals favorite had we had Hunter and Reddish fully healthy compared to other teams.  I am not all doom and gloom, but I do think we need to make a few moves this offseason. The biggest of which for me is to trade for Myles Turner. Capela and Collins has been clunky and Collins has clearly had to take a step back. Collins has the ability to stretch the floor, but we all know he works best near the paint. Having Capela means he cannot really do that without congesting the paint. Capela needs to be in the paint to be effective. 

Myles Turner on the other hand can stretch the floor himself. With Turner, Collins can share paint and perimeter duties. Myles Turner is also an elite rim protector and consistently in DPOY conversations. Has led the league in blocking multiple years. Rebounding is his weakness, but I think we would be fine because Collins can go back to being a 10+ rebounder and Turner has had to play with his own Capela(Sabonis). 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:20 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I really do hope we can figure out a way to get Myles Turner. I have been high on him since it was known that we needed a real Center. Collins + Capela has been clunky at best. Both have tried to make it work, but it hasn't been the perfect union. Collins numbers have taken a dip because of it and I think he is still not super comfortable with being forced to mostly be a wing. 

Myles Turner on the other hand is a great defender like Capela. Led the league in shoot blocking. Can stretch the floor, so Collins won't be forced to always be on the wing.  If the Pacers are going to be rebuilding, maybe we can get him with our first. 

So what happens to Capela and his contract?

I disagree with the "ahead of schedule" "house money" mentality.  

We can and should win this series.  We can win the next one.  

This team will not look the same next year, for better or worse.  Gotta go get it now.  Heard that stuff when the Braves "were a year ahead of schedule" and their play this year has been blah at best this year. 

Not intended to point the finger at any posters, I understand where you are coming from... But I will be pissed tonight if it's the last time I see this team play.