Jump to content

2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1


jayu70
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2021 at 6:47 PM, jwickha2 said:

Lol. What?

 

I am not sure this aged well:

 

Opp

FG

FGA

FG%

3P

3PA

3P%

FT

FTA

FT%

ORB

DRB

TRB

AST

STL

BLK

TOV

PTS

@

PHI

11

23

0.478

4

11

0.364

9

9

1

0

2

2

10

2

0

4

35

@

PHI

6

16

0.375

1

7

0.143

8

9

0.889

1

2

3

11

1

0

4

21

@

PHI

10

23

0.435

2

6

0.333

17

19

0.895

1

0

1

7

3

0

2

39

 

 

27

62

0.435

7

24

0.292

34

37

0.919

 

 

 

9.3

 

 

 

31.7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Willy Mo said:

I started back up at 100-86 after not watching after the half. I was laying in bed, but the phone was blowing up saying we got it 12. So I turned it back on there. Glad I did. Sweet Lou hit that insane 28 footer right after.

I was watching in stunned silenced as we slowly grinded it down....104-94...104-96...104-98....etc.

What an experience 

I got home from the gym just before halftime. I was monitoring the score. I kept checking on it every now and then, doing other stuff, because I thought they'd try to make a comeback like they did in Game 4. By the end of third quarter, I was like "ah, looks like the Hawks are gonna have to defend home-court and force a Game 7."

With about 2 minutes left in the game, something told me to check on the score again (expecting a blowout loss), and I did, and lo and behold it was something like 107-104 Hawks lead and I'm like "WHAT!! HOW?!?" So I immediately turned on the game and saw them finish it off and I was floored. Immediately watched the highlights when it was posted on YouTube minutes after the game was over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a serious question.

I stayed up and watch the Hawks win game 4, but shame shame, I turned on Braves and went to bed because I am a god awful fan and didn't believe. So, here we are on Friday night and heaven help us we are down at half-time, do I watch the second half or not?

I think not watching game 5 has better mojo than watching game 4, but what do you think?

Real world problems!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Did someone say "the process?"

76ers' Joel Embiid: I'm The Process - Sports Illustrated

One thing that could be interesting the rest of the way and play a MAJOR factor is has the league accepted that the Hawks are a “popular” team and start officiating them that way. 

Meaning, what happens if they start giving the Hawks calls like they do the better teams making this series even.

Trae has the personality the league CAN use and you know how leagues take care of their cash cows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

One thing that could be interesting the rest of the way and play a MAJOR factor is has the league accepted that the Hawks are a “popular” team and start officiating them that way. 

Meaning, what happens if they start giving the Hawks calls like they do the better teams making this series even.

Trae has the personality the league CAN use and you know how leagues take care of their cash cows.

When we start seeing crap like this get called properly, then we know it’s finally sunk into their heads.  Until then, we can only assume they see us as a hinderance/nuisance.

No flagrant call here. Not even foul shots.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

When we start seeing crap like this get called properly, then we know it’s finally sunk into their heads.  Until then, we can only assume they see us as a hinderance/nuisance.

No flagrant call here. Not even foul shots.

 

Yepper, after he did that, I said we need to pull Fernando off the bench, JUST to dive into his right knee and see how stable it really is! 

And if you don’t knock him out of the game, we cutting him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thanat0s said:

This is kind of silly considering this is a live game thread, where posts are made based on what’s happening in the moment, captain hindsight. 

No, I take it back. It’s very silly. 

 

* I should add in here, if praise is going to be heaped on Nate for the team clawing it's way back in these games, then he's also the reason they were in a 20+ point hole to begin with. Can't have it both ways.

That being said, if they make the ECF, there is no doubt he'll  be given a full  season to show us his chops. If we collapse the next two games, it becomes very doubtful.

Not so sure about that. He did lead us to the second best record when he took over. Then this deep on the playoffs. I think he's sealed the deal But I thought I heard/read somewhere a few weeks ago that he had already been signed to an extension. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, fuego said:

Not so sure about that. He did lead us to the second best record when he took over. Then this deep on the playoffs. I think he's sealed the deal But I thought I heard/read somewhere a few weeks ago that he had already been signed to an extension. 

I'm not shading Nate. He's done a fine job. I was pointing out how silly it was to throw sarcasm around after the fact in a thread that, by it's very definition, is happening real time. 

The post he quoted was actually in response to a question I posed before that. So, I know what that poster was talking about, and it was taken entirely out of context.

But hey, that's history. I'm ready for next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I'm not shading Nate. He's done a fine job. I was pointing out how silly it was to throw sarcasm around after the fact in a thread that, by it's very definition, is happening real time. 

The post he quoted was actually in response to a question I posed before that. So, I know what that poster was talking about, and it was taken entirely out of context.

But hey, that's history. I'm ready for next.

Totally agree with everything else you said in the post I commented on especially if you praise him for the comeback you gotta credit him with the huge deficit too. I just think he's probably already sewed up the position though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

Totally agree with everything else you said in the post I commented on especially if you praise him for the comeback you gotta credit him with the huge deficit too. I just think he's probably already sewed up the position though. 

Me, too, man. Especially if they get to the ECF. I'd literally fall out unconscious if we somehow got to the Finals. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Nate will get the job full time, and deservedly so. I'm not a huge fan of some of his in-game moves, but to be fair, there's no coach in the league who's going to make the fanbase happy 100% of the time.

This may be the most talented team he's ever had while coaching, which is pretty crazy given that he's been coaching for years and we didn't have a single player on the all-star team. I think his postseason record prior to this year was like 9-28--which you could argue means he doesn't do well in the playoffs, but it could just be a symptom of taking overachieving teams to the postseason where they get exposed by more talented teams in a must-win series (sort of like how we exposed the Knicks). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before this interim run, Nate McMillian had these few marks on his reputation -

- rugged mentality, sort of the opposite of a players coach

- anti-modern basketball, Pacers were last in the league 3pters for multiple years in his tenure

- loves to play a slow-pace half court game, not an up-tempo guy

- lack of on the fly adjustments, too trusting of veterans over young players (never played Glenn Robinson III in Indiana for example, most people seem to think he stunted his growth)

 

I have really enjoyed seeing Nate buck some of these narratives this season. Is he bucking the trend and has truly changed, or is it sort of a honeymoon period? Next year will tell. I'm already sold on him returning.

The players love him. It's clear his calm and firm demeanor have some great chemistry with these young cocky guys. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beef said:

When we start seeing crap like this get called properly, then we know it’s finally sunk into their heads.  Until then, we can only assume they see us as a hinderance/nuisance.

No flagrant call here. Not even foul shots.

 

Said during the game, after that we needed to start hard fouling and low on him.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yepper, after he did that, I said we need to pull Fernando off the bench, JUST to dive into his right knee and see how stable it really is! 

And if you don’t knock him out of the game, we cutting him. 

Exactly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beef said:

When we start seeing crap like this get called properly, then we know it’s finally sunk into their heads.  Until then, we can only assume they see us as a hinderance/nuisance.

No flagrant call here. Not even foul shots.

 

Embid just flopped/dove at the guy's legs. He wasn't shoved hard enough for a fall like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I don't think there is a soul on here who wasn't off doing other things when we got down 26. The TV might've been on the background, and they might've walked through the living room to check the score, but I doubt the honesty of anybody who claims they sat there not missing a play at that point. 

I had the game on, but I was in my studio working on a painting, so most of my main brain focus was on that until the 4th quarter, basically.

Actually, Dmite and I were the only one still commenting. I even stated that something within told me to keep watching.  It was very refreshing seeing them chip away and the Philly fans get quieter as the game went on. That's the thing I like about this team...they have GUTS. 

Edited by 2smooth4u
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...