2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1

jayu70

6 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

I'm ambivalent on Nate. He did great to get the Hawks to this position, but his in-game management is head-scratching at times. 

I'd like to see what he could do with a legit championship level roster, though. 

Yes he should be fired after letting his team quit tonight 🙄

6 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

I’ve got to go back in this thread to find all the posts I made that didn’t age well. Gotta admit I thought they were done at halftime of game 4. 

Idk how much Philly can have left. They have blown two big leads back to back. That has to wear on a team’s mental confidence. They could have won the series by now if they could hold a lead. Now they have to win 2 in a row against a team that’s confident and going home. 

They are honestly lucky we didn’t win game 2 as well. This has been a strange series because we could have won in 5, but also could have lost in 5. 

Next round (if we close out this one) we will really miss Dre and Reddish. Don’t think we have anyone who can stop Durant. Really hoping the Bucks get it together because I would much rather have to worry about Giannis than Durant (no duh).

6 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Beautiful. Reminds me a of ‘88 game 5 win  in Boston Garden. Came home and threw up. Nique was unstoppable in the Garden in game 7. Unfortunately so was Bird. One of the greatest back and forth I’ve ever witnessed. This team is different though and Embid is no Bird. Time to shut the door this time! Let’s go Hawks! 

Thanks man for bringing up the third most worse sports moment in ATL sports history! 

I STILL have emotional scares from youth about that one. The only one from my youth that hurt more than that was Dallas in January of ‘81!!! :argh:

3 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

I’ve got to go back in this thread to find all the posts I made that didn’t age well. Gotta admit I thought they were done at halftime of game 4. 

It was weird, even though they were down double digits, it never seemed like Philly had put us away and we were hanging around. 

But speaking of being done, how do you get your self back emotionally after these two losses for a game in 36 hours to play on the road in a madhouse(which State Farm will be!).

4 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Yes he should be fired after letting his team quit tonight 🙄

This is kind of silly considering this is a live game thread, where posts are made based on what’s happening in the moment, captain hindsight. 

No, I take it back. It’s very silly. 

* I should add in here, if praise is going to be heaped on Nate for the team clawing it's way back in these games, then he's also the reason they were in a 20+ point hole to begin with. Can't have it both ways.

That being said, if they make the ECF, there is no doubt he'll  be given a full  season to show us his chops. If we collapse the next two games, it becomes very doubtful.

55 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Thanks man for bringing up the third most worse sports moment in ATL sports history! 

I STILL have emotional scares from youth about that one. The only one from my youth that hurt more than that was Dallas in January of ‘81!!! :argh:

Yep, those two were the first two examples of this state’s pro sports being absolutely cursed. I was devastated both times. 

I grew up in a home with a brother who was a Cowboys fan, and he and my other brother being Celtic fans. Imagine that. 😩

41 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

This is kind of silly considering this is a live game thread, where posts are made based on what’s happening in the moment, captain hindsight. 

No, I take it back. It’s very silly. 

* I should add in here, if praise is going to be heaped on Nate for the team clawing it's way back in these games, then he's also the reason they were in a 20+ point hole to begin with. Can't have it both ways.

That being said, if they make the ECF, there is no doubt he'll  be given a full  season to show us his chops. If we collapse the next two games, it becomes very doubtful.

I’d be willing to bet he’s already signed. 

Also, don’t take away my fun of revisiting game thread comments from chicken littles. Lol

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Also, don’t take away my fun of revisiting game thread comments from chicken littles. Lol

Shoutout to the people that didn't give up, lol. Our defense was so ******* bad in the first half it made me almost physically sick to my stomach, I couldn't watch it anymore 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

😄And he could be. I won't hate them keeping him, and it's easy to argue he deserves a shot. From the rumors of how Lloyd Pierce ran this team, it's no wonder they weren't playing better with him here.

Frankly, I've always felt in the NBA, the players make the coach  look good by and large. There's a reason Phil Jackson and Pat Riley didn't risk their legacy going to a team that had to be built from the ground up. Does anyone think we'd care about those two names if they weren't tied to the stars they inherited or bought?

6 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

Shoutout to the people that didn't give up, lol. Our defense was so ******* bad in the first half it made me almost physically sick to my stomach, I couldn't watch it anymore 

I don't think there is a soul on here who wasn't off doing other things when we got down 26. The TV might've been on the background, and they might've walked through the living room to check the score, but I doubt the honesty of anybody who claims they sat there not missing a play at that point. 

I had the game on, but I was in my studio working on a painting, so most of my main brain focus was on that until the 4th quarter, basically.

4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I don't think there is a soul on here who wasn't off doing other things when we got down 26. The TV might've been on the background, and they might've walked through the living room to check the score, but I doubt the honesty of anybody who claims they sat there not missing a play at that point. 

I had the game on, but I was in my studio working on a painting, so most of my main brain focus was on that until the 4th quarter, basically.

Didn’t miss a play and never gave up. True story.

11 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

Not gonna lie, there were several times I grabbed for my remote. Never changed the channel though. This team is different. Resilient youngsters. Two words that make me happy to utter. 

6 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

😄And he could be. I won't hate them keeping him, and it's easy to argue he deserves a shot. From the rumors of how Lloyd Pierce ran this team, it's no wonder they weren't playing better with him here.

Frankly, I've always felt in the NBA, the players make the coach  look good by and large. There's a reason Phil Jackson and Pat Riley didn't risk their legacy going to a team that had to be built from the ground up. Does anyone think we'd care about those two names if they weren't tied to the stars they inherited or bought?

Yea, I’m always one to give people ample time to prove themselves. LP’s leash was long, and he still ran out. 

Let’s be honest. You can literally say that about every sport. Coaches have always been an overall product of their players. It’s just once you group together the right ones, with the right coaching..

9 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Wrong

9 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Uhm Me GIF - Uhm Me RaiseHand GIFs

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

Yep, those two were the first two examples of this state’s pro sports being absolutely cursed. I was devastated both times. 

I grew up in a home with a brother who was a Cowboys fan, and he and my other brother being Celtic fans. Imagine that. 😩

hqdefault.jpg.a9c2f7c499489560cc18a60087476ed2.jpg

Oh I would have had to cut one of them!