2021 Playoffs Round 2 - Hawks#5 vs Sixers#1

jayu70

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but the Hawks are playing the best defense in the NBA for the last month, and it’s abundantly apparent last week and right now.

Never in a million years did I think I would type that about this team.

Trae and Huerter were bonafide liabilities last year, but right now both are causing turnovers, and Huerter is flat out locking guys down. The team, in general, is moving like a single-celled amoeba. No matter who’s on the floor, the defensive flow is in sync.

This is freaking awesome!

Edited by Beef

14 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Refs seem to be favoring Philly so far but fortunately hawks have been great. Hope we can sustain it. 

Same ish new series. Philly mauling us with easily visible reach-in arm slaps and refs refuse to call em, meanwhile calling every mild touch on the other end.

We just need to keep cool and don’t hand them any TF’s. Our guys know this is going to be the case with any team we play. The League simply does not see ATL as a National brand yet. We do not yet bring in the ad revenue other teams do.  Close, but not there yet.

Until that happens, the bias is going to continue to be obvious.

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

Same ish new series. Philly mauling us with easily visible reach-in arm slaps and refs refuse to call em, meanwhile calling every mild touch on the other end.

We just need to keep cool and don’t hand them any TF’s. Our guys know this is going to be the case with any team we play. The League simply does not see ATL as a National brand yet. We do not yet bring in the ad revenue other teams do.  Close, but not there yet.

Until that happens, the bias is going to continue to be obvious.

I swear Simmons is putting dudes in a master lock yet no foul smh. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Simmons is the reason why I can't see the Sixers winning a championship.

He can't shoot and has trouble with free throws. He's basically a point forward who can only pass and drive to the basket with very little versatility at all.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’ve got an 80” HD screen and I’m rewinding and looking at plays and it’s just gotten silly.

The “block” on the JC fast break was 100% hand. Simmons literally pulled JC’s hand down, sending him flying across the ground, and the refs didn’t call it.

And yet, we’re STILL winning big.  I love it!

Edited by Beef