State Of The Falcons- NFL.Com

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

they are going to miss matt when hes gone and people just dont know it..dude has been THE best qb we have had in this franchise history..never hurt consistent on the field is a winner and a class act off the field.people that let some bad games and a super bowl that he didnt lose and more than likely would have been mvp define his career and thats insane to me.but folks are going to learn just how good we have it now and have had it over these years.we could have done a **** of a lot worse than matt ryan but thank god we didnt.

Indeed. It is nice to just lock in a name at QB for a decade plus and know he's going to be in his spot every week. His poor games are so few and far between that average efforts are graded as poor. He's set a high enough standard that we judge mediocrity as substandard.

I actually feel like he's created a problem for the next guy that stands behind center here. Above average play will fail to meet our current expectations. 

5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Indeed. It is nice to just lock in a name at QB for a decade plus and know he's going to be in his spot every week. His poor games are so few and far between that average efforts are graded as poor. He's set a high enough standard that we judge mediocrity as substandard.

I actually feel like he's created a problem for the next guy that stands behind center here. Above average play will fail to meet our current expectations. 

yeah whoever is going to take his place is going to have big big shoes to fill..but im enjoying matts time left here feels like it was yesterday

54 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I like the Top Gun pilot room analogy. That’s funny. 
overall not a bad read. Lots of work to do and it’s fair to acknowledge it. I think we’re decent this year and rocking after that. 

I said the same thing, thats a very fair argument and a great way to explain where Ryan stands. 

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

I like the Top Gun pilot room analogy. That’s funny. 
overall not a bad read. Lots of work to do and it’s fair to acknowledge it. I think we’re decent this year and rocking after that. 

i **** with adam rank anyway i love his fantasy football stuff 

20 minutes ago, BroadwayBlueBleeder said:

I said the same thing, thats a very fair argument and a great way to explain where Ryan stands. 

Yep.  Not negative.  Just laying it out there.  I think the biggest (year 1) impact may be the coaching.  If I'm being honest everyone in the NFL is good enough to be there.  Hopefully the O line can hold up with the changes.  I assume we'll utilize Pitts (or Hurst), that alone will take some of the hits off Ryan.  Going to be a good year.  And 22 is going to be a great year. 

And now I have that Danger Zone song in my head.  

7 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I liked it until I read the salary cap issues are real...then I just

tumblr_lyy5weHww51rn95k2o1_500.gif

Salary cap has been real in New Orleans for how long yet they’ve been in the playoffs and won the division for 3 years on the trot.

Just aswell we hired TF from thee above mentioned been there seen it done it.No how to get around it and still build a competitive team.

6 hours ago, direwolf said:

You could be right. I'm (probably naively) hoping for a situation where we go straight from great QB to great QB.

I'm also hoping to win the lottery.

Dire as regards the bolded part of your statement, there is some exceptionally good news. Really....

Since 1975, the Falcons have drafted six QBs in the first three rounds of the draft.   All six of them:

Were named starters for an NFL team....

Led thier teams to at least ten wins in one season....

Won at least one playoff game....

All six were named to the Pro Bowl at least once.

At one point in 2010, four NFL teams featured starting QBs originally drafted by the Falcons.

Falcons QBs tend to have very long NFL careers.

As bad as this team has been drafting DEs, when it comes to drafting QBs in the first three rounds, the Falcons just might be the Gold Standard in the NFL.

Hard to believe, I know.......

21 hours ago, BroadwayBlueBleeder said:

Week 7 at Miami Dolphins. I know it might seem weird to pick a game that doesn't include a division rival. But I feel like the Dolphins could be a very good measuring stick as a young team with a solid defense. If the Falcons pull off a road win here, they could be on to something.

The most thought provoking  part of article. May be on to something there...

REALLY strange love for Top Gun