NFC South Next Gen?

We're actually in the middle of a major shakeup in the NFC South... maybe moreso than any other division.

Not a homer thread, but who do you see rising up for their respective teams to become dominant and drive the rivalries for the next 10 years? For me, I think we're going into a transition that will be built around Pitts and a dominant RB... hopefully he's already on the roster.

But there are also some exciting storylines that are taking shape:

- The NFC South had arguably the best QB play over the last decade.. Will we see a major fall off in QB play in the division? Honestly we've been spoilt... at one point we had Brees, Cam (in his prime) and Matty Ice

- Will Pitts be as dominant as a player like Olsen, or even greater?

- Who will be the next Julio in NFC South? The single skill player that DCs have an asterisk beside when creating gameplans  (it's still early... but McCafferey is the truth... probably the last time I'll admit that)

- With the change in offenses, will we see a decade where the division is dominant defensively?

I'm legit excited for the next five years to see just how things shake out. What do you want to see out of the next gen of the NFC South or what stories do you want to see unforld?

To tell the truth, I am intrigued by what becomes of Jameis.

He is like only 27 or so, and teamed with Payton, can they actually establish a method that leads to success.  Jameis career trajectory reminds me of Steve Young in so many ways.  Tampa may have wont the Super Bowl but the Saints still own the South until somebody knocks them out.  Sean Payton is really the story to watch the next few years.

Posted (edited)

There's not a single team in the division that gives me any concern about them being a problem. Not even Tampa. I believe the youth of our leadership at HC and GM was only the beginning. We're building from the outside in, it appears. By the time we get to QB, we will have built kettle bell boxing gloves of a squad.

Knockout GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by ADAMSVILLE GYM

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

I thought the take was extreme enough everyone would know it was sarcasm, but there are a lot of bad takes out there so it is hard to tell anymore lol.  Maybe I’ll add the /purp

Yeah I figured lol but like you said so many people have some wild takes so you just never know.

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

There's not a single team in the division that gives me any concern about them being a problem. Not even Tampa. I believe the youth of our leadership at HC and GM was only the beginning. We're building from the outside in, it appears. By the time we get to QB, we will have built kettle bell boxing gloves of a squad.

Knockout GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Agree. In just a few short months of their inaugural season, AS and TF have significantly added to the talent and depth of this roster. We've got ourselves a couple of serious upgrades unlike any we've ever had before.

They're both young and have many, many years ahead of them. I find it extremely significant the Falcons draft AND UDFA classes were rated as tops in the NFL for the first time in franchise history.

The team has the best DC it's ever had in Dean Pees and second-best OC in AS and he may turn out to be even smarter and better at running this offense than Shannie with the talent he has to work with. Best of all, nobody can hire him away from us.

We've added a bunch of young, hungry players with no 28-3 cataclysmic debacle weighing them down. Add that to a top 10 QB who doubtless has at least three or four prime years left if not more, you have a team that will regularly win the NFC South and get deep in the play-offs, snagging a couple or three SB's in the next five years.

33 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. In just a few short months of their inaugural season, AS and TF have significantly added to the talent and depth of this roster. We've got ourselves a couple of serious upgrades unlike any we've ever had before.

They're both young and have many, many years ahead of them. I find it extremely significant the Falcons draft AND UDFA classes were rated as tops in the NFL for the first time in franchise history.

The team has the best DC it's ever had in Dean Pees and second-best OC in AS and he may turn out to be even smarter and better at running this offense than Shannie with the talent he has to work with. Best of all, nobody can hire him away from us.

We've added a bunch of young, hungry players with no 28-3 cataclysmic debacle weighing them down. Add that to a top 10 QB who doubtless has at least three or four prime years left if not more, you have a team that will regularly win the NFC South and get deep in the play-offs, snagging a couple or three SB's in the next five years.

I like your thoughts, and agree with most everything you said

But wooof thought I was high on something when you said 3 sb, lol.

6 minutes ago, Williamb said:

I like your thoughts, and agree with most everything you said

But wooof thought I was high on something when you said 3 sb, lol.

Okay, okay just 2 SB's. I mean, like 3 SB's, but maybe we just end up with two Lomardi's. You know how da future is, always a tad murky.  :lol:

The scary thing about Sam Darnold is that he doesn't care about throwing interceptions or touchdowns. He just goes out there and succeeds like all the great USC QBs before him. Guys like the Matts Lineart and Barkley. Or who can forget the amazing Mark Sanchez. The unstoppable Carson Palmer. The all time great Todd Marinovich. Or maybe my favorite the A$$man himself: John David Booty.

6 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

My hope is the Falcons stay the course.  They have a plan, and one hopes they stick to it.  Be smart coaching, and brilliant with player acquisition.  Be players, establish our culture and expect greatness.  Everything else won't matter in our division if we do this.

This right year!! The first 3 years of the Mike Smith tenure was such a success. I honestly feel like the Falcons were in the process of building a lasting contender and then Blank and TD had to step in and "get explosive" and blow up everything that Mike Smith stood for. Really hope Blank gets out of the way and lets TF and AS stick to the course and build the team the way they see fit.