Tajae Sharpe, underrated signing?

15 hours ago, matty72780 said:

I love it when we sign someone people on the message boards immediately become armchair analysts.

“He’s going to overtake Gage for the #2 spot”, he “has a knack for getting open”, he “has great hands”, “he’s a great route runner”, blah blah blah.....

Let’s be real, until we signed this guy nobody had heard of him and the guys had a decrease in targets and receptions every year since in the league. If this guy was a #2 caliber WR he’d be getting more playing time and looks, not less (in our current coaches system too). 

I’m all for getting excited about someone new but the guy had 0 catches last year and 25 the year prior to that, but he’s going to overtake Gage hahahaha (not a Gage fan, just a realist). 

If you haven’t heard of Sharpe, you probably don’t follow football like that. 

At a minimum he was a FF sleeper for like 2 years. I’m excited to see him with a great QB. Feels like a Taylor Gabriel-esque type signing

I assume where he is "rated" is as solid WR depth? If that is the case, no, the signing is not underrated. It is appropriately rated.

If Julio leaves, we will have downgrades at WR1 (Ridley instead of Jones), WR2 (Gage instead of Ridley) and WR3 (Sharpe/Blake instead of Gage). For that reason, the best case is that his signing reduces the impact of losing Julio, but it still leaves the WR group far weaker as a unit if he needs to fill WR3. If Julio stays, he's a depth receiver.

For me to call this signing underrated, I'd have a see a clear path to him becoming WR2. I don't see that happening. If you think less of Gage than I do, feel free to disagree.

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Great replacement for JJ. And no. I'm not saying he's better than JJ. But we did well to fill that hole with Sharpe. This right here makes me feel a lot better than I did before we got Sharpe. 

If you change the T.A,J,A, and E in his name to a J,u,l,i,o then he is Julio. 

15 hours ago, autigerfan said:

Exactly.  I don't expect much from this signing but it never hurts to have depth to compete. 

that is true and we seem a little thin on paper. I think Darby will be a steal but will probably be year two before he makes an impact. I think he has more to offer than deep threat. He will put the work in to be the best he can be 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, matty72780 said:

I love it when we sign someone people on the message boards immediately become armchair analysts.

“He’s going to overtake Gage for the #2 spot”, he “has a knack for getting open”, he “has great hands”, “he’s a great route runner”, blah blah blah.....

Let’s be real, until we signed this guy nobody had heard of him and the guys had a decrease in targets and receptions every year since in the league. If this guy was a #2 caliber WR he’d be getting more playing time and looks, not less (in our current coaches system too). 

I’m all for getting excited about someone new but the guy had 0 catches last year and 25 the year prior to that, but he’s going to overtake Gage hahahaha (not a Gage fan, just a realist). 

I understand what you are saying.  We have fans on here who are essentially amateur analyst; and we have fans on here who are very emotional and follow those emotions.  They are all fans.

I too get annoyed at the emotional outbursts at times.  I am trying to contain my reactions and understand more that they are enjoying the Falcons the way their brains allow them to do.  I am analytical.  Sometimes, I annoy the expressives by discussing analytical points.  They point out that you cannot plug that into a formula and predict the future.  And, they are correct.  We are all different.

If everyone would defer to me before formulating an opinion, we would all get along great.

Let's get ourselves a winning season.  (It could happen.  Don't believe me?  I will send you the forumla.)

On 6/3/2021 at 12:24 AM, Wjcorner said:

If you haven’t heard of Sharpe, you probably don’t follow football like that. 

At a minimum he was a FF sleeper for like 2 years. I’m excited to see him with a great QB. Feels like a Taylor Gabriel-esque type signing

He had 0 catches last year dude hahaha. So you’re right, I don’t follow players that don’t produce AT ALL. And if you do, you need to pick up a better hobby or get a GF or somethin haha. 

6 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I understand what you are saying.  We have fans on here who are essentially amateur analyst; and we have fans on here who are very emotional and follow those emotions.  They are all fans.

I too get annoyed at the emotional outbursts at times.  I am trying to contain my reactions and understand more that they are enjoying the Falcons the way their brains allow them to do.  I am analytical.  Sometimes, I annoy the expressives by discussing analytical points.  They point out that you cannot plug that into a formula and predict the future.  And, they are correct.  We are all different.

If everyone would defer to me before formulating an opinion, we would all get along great.

Let's get ourselves a winning season.  (It could happen.  Don't believe me?  I will send you the forumla.)

Hahaha this was great! Agreed. 

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

that is true and we seem a little thin on paper. I think Darby will be a steal but will probably be year two before he makes an impact. I think he has more to offer than deep threat. He will put the work in to be the best he can be 

I agree that Darby could be a sleeper.  I love his enthusiasm and he definitely has some skills that would make you think he could become a player with a little refinement.  

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

He had 0 catches last year dude hahaha. So you’re right, I don’t follow players that don’t produce AT ALL. And if you do, you need to pick up a better hobby or get a GF or somethin haha. 

He was a talked about prospect through his rookie year minicamp, and a talked about sophomore player.

Again, his name even came up for fantasy football. Just saying, just because you can’t remember a Tajae Sharpe and have an outside hobby, doesn’t mean everybody can’t 🤙🏿

1 hour ago, Wjcorner said:

He was a talked about prospect through his rookie year minicamp, and a talked about sophomore player.

Again, his name even came up for fantasy football. Just saying, just because you can’t remember a Tajae Sharpe and have an outside hobby, doesn’t mean everybody can’t 🤙🏿

He’s been in the league 4+ years and if you had him on your fantasy team you must have finished dead last haha. 

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

He’s been in the league 4+ years and if you had him on your fantasy team you must have finished dead last haha. 

I don’t do the 5 team free to play leagues with family 😂 

Even outside of fantasy football, the kid made some noise his rookie season training camp and preseason. Just saying...it’s not a long stretch that people know who Tajae Sharpe is.