Tajae Sharpe, underrated signing?

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I've been looking for more breakdowns but can't find many. I think him and Gage should go head to head in TC

I was thinking  the same thing I like Gage but could he beat him out for the number two WR spot.  

Love his hands and his route running The best way I know how to compare the two Gage is faster but Sharpe has a knack for getting open. 

1 minute ago, Xfactor said:

I was thinking  the same thing I like Gage but could he beat him out for the number two WR spot.  

Love his hands and his route running The best way I know how to compare the two Gage is faster but Sharpe has a knack for getting open. 

Yeah I'm a Gage fan too. This should be a good competition. He's miles better than Zach and Blake. I was kind of hoping Treadwell would be brought back but it makes sense to bring Sharpe in considering Smith has already coached him. 

11 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I think that knack is being 6'4"

I love it when we sign someone people on the message boards immediately become armchair analysts.

“He’s going to overtake Gage for the #2 spot”, he “has a knack for getting open”, he “has great hands”, “he’s a great route runner”, blah blah blah.....

Let’s be real, until we signed this guy nobody had heard of him and the guys had a decrease in targets and receptions every year since in the league. If this guy was a #2 caliber WR he’d be getting more playing time and looks, not less (in our current coaches system too). 

I’m all for getting excited about someone new but the guy had 0 catches last year and 25 the year prior to that, but he’s going to overtake Gage hahahaha (not a Gage fan, just a realist). 

4 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

I love it when we sign someone people on the message boards immediately become armchair analysts.

“He’s going to overtake Gage for the #2 spot”, he “has a knack for getting open”, he “has great hands”, “he’s a great route runner”, blah blah blah.....

Let’s be real, until we signed this guy nobody had heard of him and the guys had a decrease in targets and receptions every year since in the league. If this guy was a #2 caliber WR he’d be getting more playing time and looks, not less (in our current coaches system too). 

I’m all for getting excited about someone new but the guy had 0 catches last year and 25 the year prior to that, but he’s going to overtake Gage hahahaha (not a Gage fan, just a realist). 

Is this not an armchair analyst post? And who said he is going to overtake Gage for any spot?

5 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

You realize Gage eventually overtook Hardy, an established vet. 

I'm not saying the kid is going to be anything  but a camp body, but everybody overtakes somebody to get playing time. 

Solid depth piece. Not everyone has to be Julio Ridley or Pitts. He can come in, run good routes, make tough catches and do his job. I remember some years back we hoped for a big play from Toilolo or Douglas, etc. Sometimes you have that guy on the field, we count on in a moment, and he could definitely come thru  and work here.