June 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

43 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

NIL absolutely played into this commitment. I’m not sure he will be in this class because have made some other guys a priority at this moment but I also wouldn’t discount it either

Help me understand. How is California's NIL law any different from Georgia's?

2 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Not sure, but I do know it's state specific.  This paying of players is going to be awful for collegiate sports, unless they figure out a way to harness it.

6 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

It’s not necessarily the state laws as much of the LA market.. I don’t think this recruitment is necessarily over but give credit to USC capitalizing on their market. I think UGA will be fine even with NIL but there’s an adjustment they needed to make and it sounds like they have made that adjustment from what I’ve heard. Time will tell

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s not necessarily the state laws as much of the LA market.. I don’t think this recruitment is necessarily over but give credit to USC capitalizing on their market. I think UGA will be fine even with NIL but there’s an adjustment they needed to make and it sounds like they have made that adjustment from what I’ve heard. Time will tell

Am I crazy for thinking UGA is more marketable right now than USC?

I mean...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-college-football-team-worth-11546875092

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say revenues to the program are highly correlated with potential player brand value.

1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

Am I crazy for thinking UGA is more marketable right now than USC?

I mean...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-college-football-team-worth-11546875092

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say revenues to the program are highly correlated with potential player brand value.

Oh I absolutely think we are more marketable  but I think USC had a better presentation then we did regarding NIL. UGA’s staff(and other schools too) is still learning how to deal with NIL and how to present it to potential athletes. 

From what I know this has nothing to do with the NIL. Since visits have opened up there's been some shifting on our board and guys have gone up and down because of it. Williams is one of those guys whether I or anyone else fully understand it or not.

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

From what I know this has nothing to do with the NIL. Since visits have opened up there's been some shifting on our board and guys have gone up and down because of it. Williams is one of those guys whether I or anyone else fully understand it or not.

NIL definitely had something to do with him committing when he did.. Yes, Williams isn’t #1 on our board or even #2 right now but I can promise you we will keep pursuing him because things change quickly 

Well, if these athletes are considering NIL as part of their recruitment/school they play for then they should also have some tax advisors on hand.  Playing for Florida/FSU/Miami for example vs any team in California (with Georgia somewhere in the middle) then they should take tax into account.  You may make more in California due to NIL, but you will certainly pay a higher portion of that income to the state in tax as well.  You think Tom Brady chose Tampa Bay solely based on weather and existing players?  $$ in tax is a huge part of decision as well.

Been a lil quiet figured Id share some nugz: 

From Rivals: 

After speaking with multiple sources it appears the nations No. 1 DT Travis Shaw is down to UGA and UNC. Clemson is currently sitting in 3rd and are not expected to receive another visit prior to his commitment at this time. Georgia hit it out of the park for Shaw this weekend and are out in front at the moment. He will officially visit UNC next weekend so UGA has to hold momentum.

-Georgia is out in front for 4-star OT Tyler Booker. Georgia hit a home run on his visit this weekend and will be tough to beat. Some see Florida as Georgia’s biggest competition and some see Alabama as Georgia’s biggest competition. The one constant is Georgia. I have a futurecast in from my time as poster on Booker to UGA and I don’t think I’ll be changing it.

UGA will have 4 five stars prospects on campus this week. DT Walter Nolen, CB Denver Harris (OV), SDE Dani Dennis Sutton, and the nations No. 1 WR Luther Burden. 4-star OL Earnest Greene is expected in town this week as well.

- while it sucks Big Bear decommitted I figured that would be tough one to keep. But if Kirby and co can land Shaw or Nolen or BOTH that would be a massive upgrade. Just my two cents

11 hours ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Been a lil quiet figured Id share some nugz: 

From Rivals: 

After speaking with multiple sources it appears the nations No. 1 DT Travis Shaw is down to UGA and UNC. Clemson is currently sitting in 3rd and are not expected to receive another visit prior to his commitment at this time. Georgia hit it out of the park for Shaw this weekend and are out in front at the moment. He will officially visit UNC next weekend so UGA has to hold momentum.

-Georgia is out in front for 4-star OT Tyler Booker. Georgia hit a home run on his visit this weekend and will be tough to beat. Some see Florida as Georgia’s biggest competition and some see Alabama as Georgia’s biggest competition. The one constant is Georgia. I have a futurecast in from my time as poster on Booker to UGA and I don’t think I’ll be changing it.

UGA will have 4 five stars prospects on campus this week. DT Walter Nolen, CB Denver Harris (OV), SDE Dani Dennis Sutton, and the nations No. 1 WR Luther Burden. 4-star OL Earnest Greene is expected in town this week as well.

- while it sucks Big Bear decommitted I figured that would be tough one to keep. But if Kirby and co can land Shaw or Nolen or BOTH that would be a massive upgrade. Just my two cents

Great to hear! Now Kirby and co need to close the deals. If we landed half of that class it would be huge!

• 2 weeks later...