Who are the best free agent DB's left unsignes?

29 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

The BEST would be Sherman, Steven Nelson, Breeland, Poole, maybe a young guy like Gareon Conley. But I think we might be done with serious CB additions. I think we end up rolling with Terrell, Moreau, Oliver, Sheffield, Hall, Williams, and one more depth level guy. 

My problem with that room is "who is the vet?", "who has done it at the highest level to be able to lead?" "who will be the captain of the secondary?" 

None of those guys scream alphas who will hold teammates accountable which is why I'm hopeful we sign Sherman

41 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

My problem with that room is "who is the vet?", "who has done it at the highest level to be able to lead?" "who will be the captain of the secondary?" 

None of those guys scream alphas who will hold teammates accountable which is why I'm hopeful we sign Sherman

Maybe hasn't done it at "the highest level" but I'd assume Moreau would be the one taking the leadership role. 

18 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Honestly surprised Poole hasn’t signed with a team considering how good he was with the Jets. Wonder what that’s about. Pretty sure Falcons are content with the CB room with they’ve currently got.

That's what scares me... 

Oh, I think we're good where we are. We've got a lot of people with potential. Some of these guys just haven't got a chance with their previous teams. They've shown well in the limited time they've had. This guy will do so much better with just better coaching.

Seriously? I mean really? Do some of yall just have memory loss? When have anyone on here said that about a position and it not turned out to be a complete disaster? These are the things you say about a position when it needs addressing and your'e so desperate to think it's fine, that you make a bunch of BS excuses. It's the equivalent of saying "they're nice" about a person, because you have nothing positive to say about them.

We've been down this road before, and it wasn't ever good. Don't hope; be sure. That's what I'm hoping our new GM is going to do. Our old GM would just leave a position desperately needing attention alone, hoping that their cheap signings, and late draft picks would just work somehow. I'm really hoping (ironic after what I just said I know) that our new GM doesn't leave things to chance like that.

We're at best a mid tier CB room right now, and one injury and we're bottom 5 in the league. We need more bodies, proven bodies. Otherwise, we'll be in that old song and dance once again in the middle of the season, as we've had a couple injuries, we're getting trashed against the pass, and we're all asking why we didn't sign more CBs when we had the chance.

8 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Oh, I think we're good where we are. We've got a lot of people with potential. Some of these guys just haven't got a chance with their previous teams. They've shown well in the limited time they've had. This guy will do so much better with just better coaching.

Seriously? I mean really? Do some of yall just have memory loss? When have anyone on here said that about a position and it not turned out to be a complete disaster? These are the things you say about a position when it needs addressing and your'e so desperate to think it's fine, that you make a bunch of BS excuses. It's the equivalent of saying "they're nice" about a person, because you have nothing positive to say about them.

We've been down this road before, and it wasn't ever good. Don't hope; be sure. That's what I'm hoping our new GM is going to do. Our old GM would just leave a position desperately needing attention alone, hoping that their cheap signings, and late draft picks would just work somehow. I'm really hoping (ironic after what I just said I know) that our new GM doesn't leave things to chance like that.

We're at best a mid tier CB room right now, and one injury and we're bottom 5 in the league. We need more bodies, proven bodies. Otherwise, we'll be in that old song and dance once again in the middle of the season, as we've had a couple injuries, we're getting trashed against the pass, and we're all asking why we didn't sign more CBs when we had the chance.

Josh Norman at 34 is out there as well.

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Honestly surprised Poole hasn’t signed with a team considering how good he was with the Jets. Wonder what that’s about. Pretty sure Falcons are content with the CB room with they’ve currently got.

This is where the mid-level free agent is stuck with the salary cap ramifications.  He's a solid CB, which means he is probably worth 2-3 million yearly, but most teams are trying to fill out rosters with younger players to accommodate salary cap loses.  So, it's a waiting game for Poole to take a minimum vet offer, or wait out training camp to see who may may get cut/injured before having an opportunity.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

Well, there’s @gazoo 

He’s been itching to get a tryout. 😄

No doubt he’ll be starting both ways.  And it’ll be tough to keep him from being our best gunner and return man on special teams.  They just need to be certain the trainers keep him hydrated with electrolytes & potassium to stave off those pesky cramps. 

10 hours ago, ramonezy said:

We should protect our cap a year or two and have a proper build.. Dont leach money on trash players.. Just gotta eat the next 2 years so we can actually build a real roster 

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

We should protect our cap a year or two and have a proper build.. Dont leach money on trash players.. Just gotta eat the next 2 years so we can actually build a real roster 

I mostly agree. But the second we committed to Ryan for the next two years, taking that approach is no longer an option.