This may have been discussed already...

23 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

My apologies if so. Can anyone tell me why it seems like a secret that Jesse Tuggle is Grady's dad? Every single time a player has a father who played there's always "bloodline" talk.

You'd think that Tuggle, being one of the few bright spots in Falcons' history it'd be trumpeted far and wide.

It was brought up when he was drafted. It was also mentioned in the Super Bowl. I don't really know why it hasn't been mentioned otherwise.

39 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

My apologies if so. Can anyone tell me why it seems like a secret that Jesse Tuggle is Grady's dad? Every single time a player has a father who played there's always "bloodline" talk.

You'd think that Tuggle, being one of the few bright spots in Falcons' history it'd be trumpeted far and wide.

That is a good question.

Maybe it is next the last name being different...people just do not associate them.

It also can be the fact that Tuggle has not played since what 2000?

So alot of fans never even played a Madden with him in it where as a guy like Winfield or Samuel only recently stopped playing within 5 or 6 years so people recognize name as being more recent.

His father Jesse Tuggle doesn't get talked about much in general though. He's one of the best LBs of the 90's. If I can remember correctly he's the 90's decade leader in tackles and forced fumbles.

I think Jarrett not being talked about in line with his father may have actually helped him come into his own more. Less pressure to live up to his father who is a Falcons legend and become a Falcons legend himself.

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I talk about it all the time but the Matthews family is huge and there are a lot of them in the league. HoF guys. Jessie Tuggle is my personal GOAT. He's my favorite of all time with Abraham and Turner close by. Tuggle is also not a HoFer so I never expected it.

Tuggle has always been one of those players who were very good but also were always underrated.

Tuggle and Zach Thomas were 2 of my favorite LBs ever. Both are hardly ever talked about.

One of the great Falcon stories is that Tuggle actually announced the pick of Jarrett in the draft on live TV.

The Hammer was the guy the Falcons picked to announce the pick for the 5th round and Grady somehow fell all the way to that pick.  He talks about the experience, his career and kinship with Grady in this podcast episode.  Its probably one of my favorite listens to a former player.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bird-noises-hammer-time-with-jessie-tuggle/id862440130?i=1000456210435

I truly believe that even if you never saw him play, walking away from this episode, you will be a fan of his for life.

6 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't carry his name because he didn't raise Grady

Let me say up front that I may be wrong here. However, I think the fact that he apparently did not raise Grady is a big part of it. Somewhere along the line, and I may be wrong, it seems I remember there were some issues either between Jesse and Grady or  Jesse and Grady’s mom. Again, I may be wrong but it seems I remember something about that. 

14 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Let me say up front that I may be wrong here. However, I think the fact that he apparently did not raise Grady is a big part of it. Somewhere along the line, and I may be wrong, it seems I remember there were some issues either between Jesse and Grady or  Jesse and Grady’s mom. Again, I may be wrong but it seems I remember something about that. 

And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm actually kind of glad he doesn't have to play under that shadow. Unlike the other bloodlines, he's allowed to be Grady. Other bloodlines have expectations to live up to because of how deep it runs

Jesse Tuggle was one **** of a player.  Smart, instinctive & most of all he could thump like a champ.  He made his presence known on the field.  Grady has that same professional mindset & like his father, was not ever going to be denied greatness.

Question... was Jesse his blood father?  I presume not...given the fact they don’t share the same last name.  My assumption has been that Jesse stepped up & filled that role due to another man’s misfortune or lack of accountability.  Does anyone know?

Wiki shows this... His father, Jessie Tuggle, played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons from 1987 to 2000 and his brother Justin Tuggle is currently a member of the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League.[26][27] He also has a close relationship with Ray Lewis who he refers to as "uncle" though they are not related biologically.[28]

12 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I think he's closer to Ray Lewis who is referred to as his Uncle.