MIKE DAVIS

Just watched a bit of the 2020 game between TB and Carolina to get a look at RB Mike Davis in action.  He looked pretty good , even though he is usually a backup . He is pretty shifty and quick, but doesn't appear to be a short yardage back, although I didn't see him much in that role.   He seemed to be an adequate , and willing pass blocker, and he was a good receiver out of the backfield.  He had a gruesome looking thumb injury and had to go to the locker room, but came back out and played in the second half.  I would be interested for comments from someone with first hand knowledge of his abilities , other than stats.

6 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Just watched a bit of the 2020 game between TB and Carolina to get a look at RB Mike Davis in action.  He looked pretty good , even though he is usually a backup . He is pretty shifty and quick, but doesn't appear to be a short yardage back, although I didn't see him much in that role.   He seemed to be an adequate , and willing pass blocker, and he was a good receiver out of the backfield.  He had a gruesome looking thumb injury and had to go to the locker room, but came back out and played in the second half.  I would be interested for comments from someone with first hand knowledge of his abilities , other than stats.

That's impressive. Tampa Bay is a hard team to run on.

41 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

A lot of qualities that Mike Turner had

38 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

Watch the Falcons Panthers game from last year that got TD and DQ fired minutes later.  In fact, as a Falcon fan, DONT watch the game, just check out the highlights.

Pay close attention to the 4th quarter where dude seemed to get about 5 times stronger.

Not to be a negative Nancy but the Falcons defense made just about everyone look good.

On a side note if you were to compile NFL history highlights of offenses running over people, whiffed tackles, and blown coverages I wonder what percent would be against a Falcons defense?

54 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

Watch the Falcons Panthers game from last year that got TD and DQ fired minutes later.  In fact, as a Falcon fan, DONT watch the game, just check out the highlights.

Pay close attention to the 4th quarter where dude seemed to get about 5 times stronger.

The defense is so bad. Guys were just standing around watching or running in slow motion. On his TD catch, 4 Falcons, some of them pretty great, were faked, untouched and watched him score. 
If someone unfamiliar with the team was watching that game they would assume the Falcons threw it.

He was a back up because he played behind cmc. The guy is legit. If we get the system and play calling go he can feast. Smith has a well above average cupboard of offensive talent. 

I will be extremely disappointed is we dont average at least 30 points a gm.

He should do a decent job, maybe 600-800 yards on the ground, plus 200-300 through the air.

The notion that some seem to have now that he is with us, that he is like a top 5 back in football, dial it back a few notches.

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

He was a back up because he played behind cmc. The guy is legit. If we get the system and play calling go he can feast. Smith has a well above average cupboard of offensive talent. 

I will be extremely disappointed is we dont average at least 30 points a gm.

The Falcons have done this exactly 1 time in the entire franchise history. That year they were the 8th best in NFL history...but sure be disappointed.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

The Falcons have done this exactly 1 time in the entire franchise history. That year they were the 8th best in NFL history...but sure be disappointed.

Im referencing the offensive minded head coach we haven't had in forever thats suppose to know what he is doing but sure go off.

Edited by red falcon

5 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

Thanks for the link Retro, Now i have a better idea of his abilities. I think he is better than anything we have had lately, I hope he stays healthy.  We will still need a capable alternate back.

5 hours ago, wilco said:

Last year, I've picked up Mike for my fantasy team (had CMC) and he did not disappoint!

I drafted Saquon Barkley and James Conner last year. They played each other in the first game and combined for maybe 5 points. Barkley got hurt that game; Conner got hurt the next. I was 1-6 and all but mathematically eliminated when I picked up Davis and although I missed the playoffs, he was a huge reason why I spoiled several other teams' chances. He showed up big in a few games.

BTW: I also had Julio and we know how that turned out from a fantasy perspective. I think at the end of the year, three of my first five picks were on IR.