Even without Julio Jones and Alex Mack, the Falcons offense should be better than it has been since 2016.

7 hours ago, ramonezy said:

All I care about are Ws... 

Matty Ice and this offense has put up great statistical seasons before and we still finish 8-8

The Gritz Blitz was an absolutely dominating 1985 Bears type defense and gave up the least amount of points ever in a 14 game season in 1977 and we went 7-7 because our offense averaged about 10 points a game. 

The two biggest changes that have the potential to improve the offense are Smith's scheme and play calling, and Mike Davis at RB, in my opinion. Pitts has a lot to prove, and doesn't just get a flier with me to start off. He has to prove it on the field. If he can pull double teams like Julio did, then we should be able to absorb Julio's loss without feeling a huge vacuum in the effectiveness of the offense. 

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Without a Henry in the offense, you're definitely correct.. Smith is going to have to be extremely creative all teams knowing we really won't have a run game and Ryan is no threat to actually run.. Imo, our offense is just too one dimensional atm.. Until we can prove we have a productive run game, teams are just going to defend the pass on every down.. And no matter what talent you have, almost any NFL defense can and will shut down a one dimensional offense 

I'm most interested in who pushes for touches behind Davis.  Is it Ollie, Patterson or one of the undrafted kids?

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan was really good in 2018 but the offense wasn't. 2017 the defense carried us. Every time our offense scored 20 points or more we won. If our offense could have scored just 16 points against the eagles we'd be in the NFC championship game that year.

Falcons offensive DVOA in 2018 was 8th in league, defense was 31st. 

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Without a Henry in the offense, you're definitely correct.. Smith is going to have to be extremely creative all teams knowing we really won't have a run game and Ryan is no threat to actually run.. Imo, our offense is just too one dimensional atm.. Until we can prove we have a productive run game, teams are just going to defend the pass on every down.. And no matter what talent you have, almost any NFL defense can and will shut down a one dimensional offense 

I'm most interested in who pushes for touches behind Davis.  Is it Ollie, Patterson or one of the undrafted kids?

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Smith's creative play calling, and Kyle Pitts should be enough to make this offense better than it's been since 2016 even with a new center and without our best recover. I could see us averaging 28-29 a game.

Are you a real person ? Do you work for the team ? Maybe you actually work in the front office . ... Maybe Mr. Blank himself ..... Your posts just seem odd.... Here's a question for you.... Do you wear glasses ?? Are they rose colored ?? .... Lol 

21 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan was really good in 2018 but the offense wasn't. 2017 the defense carried us. Every time our offense scored 20 points or more we won. If our offense could have scored just 16 points against the eagles we'd be in the NFC championship game that year.

And Quinn and TD couldn't stand the idea of having a good defensive team, so they promptly dismantled that defense and threw insane money at the offense again.

18 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Are you a real person ? Do you work for the team ? Maybe you actually work in the front office . ... Maybe Mr. Blank himself ..... Your posts just seem odd.... Here's a question for you.... Do you wear glasses ?? Are they rose colored ?? .... Lol 

I look a little bit like Shane McMahon or Jim Harbaugh. 

6 hours ago, thanat0s said:

And Quinn and TD couldn't stand the idea of having a good defensive team, so they promptly dismantled that defense and threw insane money at the offense again.

It seemed like a coaching problem. Either that or the players are very slow Learners.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:23 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Smith's creative play calling, and Kyle Pitts should be enough to make this offense better than it's been since 2016 even with a new center and without our best recover. I could see us averaging 28-29 a game.

My only counterpoint is this: The offense may be better, yet not display it in the average points scored metric. AS is a very different person than KS. Just because he can score 30 doesn't mean he'll make it a priority. He thinks about strengths and weaknesses when setting up game plans. In games where he feels our D is in a bad matchup, "outscore them" will not always be his first though. He may well choose to try to go ball control.

I don't disagree the offense could be as good (I don't think losing Mack and Jones every makes you better). That said, it may not score more points because it may not want to. 

I'm more concerned about Center than what happens without Julio.  Anyone remember that Person playing center before we got Mack? It was a disaster. I've never under estimated the importance of a good center since then.

13 hours ago, Stolenn87 said:

This will be a .500 team.  Wasted draft pick.  When has a TE ever put a team over the top?  

Get back with me after about 4 games.. It may take about that much time to see the potential Pitts has.. And if you don't know it,, he's considered a "Generational Talent" That means only one player every 33 years at the position is considered to be that great.... And practically every team in the NFL feels that way about our New TE/WR. 

I think the best way to say this is,, He will have the same impact that JJ brought to this team when we drafted him. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

16' was a historic offense, I don't see that, but I would be happy with a stout running game and a vastly improved redzone offense. 

Agreed. Although effective, AS offense will be more ‘boring’ to novice fans use to seeing Ryan throw for 350 YPG. 

On 5/31/2021 at 8:40 PM, marvinthemartian said:

The Gritz Blitz was an absolutely dominating 1985 Bears type defense and gave up the least amount of points ever in a 14 game season in 1977 and we went 7-7 because our offense averaged about 10 points a game. 

Whenever someone brings up the '77 defense I have to post this little gem about that team's offense:  The 1977 Falcons punted 105 times.  ONE-HUNDRED AND FIVE.  IN 14 GAMES.   7.5 punts per game!!!  

Disgusting!!!!!

And how did John James' leg not snap off??

15 hours ago, Stolenn87 said:

This will be a .500 team.  Wasted draft pick.  When has a TE ever put a team over the top?  

You must be fairly young.. just look at what TE Tony Gonzales did for this team when he was here.. some of the best Falcon teams was when he was here.. and he was the biggest reason why we had some of the best years this team has ever had.. When he left , we sunk like a rock. 

And BTW,, how many games do you think we'll win this coming season?