What are the chances the Falcons bring back Brian Poole?

To say we could really use another corner back would be an understatement.  

After the Falcons trade Julio Jones and sign their draft picks they will probably have enough money to sign a free agent or two. Those GM's seem to know how to make money come out of nowhere. 

I would love to see the Falcons bring back Brian Poole. I wish we never let him go.  What do you think are the chances we sign Brian Poole? 

8 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Next to zero.  Honestly, Poole is better in the slot.  I think Oliver will play the slot.  One is under contract, one is not.  I would guess we'd invest in DLine if we could.

If Poole takes, say, $1.5 M (or less) at this point, just sign him and cut Oliver. Need to roll over as much $$$ into next year. If it sounds cheap, remember what Dennard signed for at this stage in the offseason. If anything I think Poole is a slight upgrade over Oliver. Something should be done with Gino too, no reason for him to have a top-10 non-dead cap hit.

17 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Next to zero.  Honestly, Poole is better in the slot.  I think Oliver will play the slot.  One is under contract, one is not.  I would guess we'd invest in DLine if we could.

DL or OLB pass rusher. Atleast we have upside pieces at DL in Davidson, Cominksy, Davison, Senat, Means and Graham with Jarrett. Apart from Fowler, there isn’t really a coveted edge on the roster.

1 hour ago, TXAintsHater said:

If Poole takes, say, $1.5 M (or less) at this point, just sign him and cut Oliver. Need to roll over as much $$$ into next year. If it sounds cheap, remember what Dennard signed for at this stage in the offseason. If anything I think Poole is a slight upgrade over Oliver. Something should be done with Gino too, no reason for him to have a top-10 non-dead cap hit.

This fanbase is obsessed with getting the band back together. There is a reason that dude is still unsigned. He should never see the team again after getting smoked by Foles in that playoff game.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I was thinking they could keep both. The Falcons secondary could use some depth.

I think Poole's ship has sailed. He's a physical player and does somethings ok. I personally don't want to watch him frantically chasing another fast WR across the field either burnt or flagged. If they decide to do it, Ok, but I don't think Peas will want him. I been wrong before though, but If he gets another chance, it will be in Dallas.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

I really think Moreau is our CB2 opposite AJ, and we have enough slot CB’s. If we sign a vet CB it might be somebody that could play outside. If we had the money I personally would like Bashaud Breeland with Moreau in the slot.

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

To say we could really use another corner back would be an understatement.  

After the Falcons trade Julio Jones and sign their draft picks they will probably have enough money to sign a free agent or two. Those GM's seem to know how to make money come out of nowhere. 

I would love to see the Falcons bring back Brian Poole. I wish we never let him go.  What do you think are the chances we sign Brian Poole? 

Like a lot of the others on this thread, I don’t see them signing CB in free agency unless they get into camp and feel the guys we have aren’t cutting it. Pass rush maybe. Houston or Ingram would be good in my book. 

48 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I really think Moreau is our CB2 opposite AJ, and we have enough slot CB’s. If we sign a vet CB it might be somebody that could play outside. If we had the money I personally would like Bashaud Breeland with Moreau in the slot.

we have no slot cbs...Oliver just settled in late last season and nothing behind him. AJ, Fabian, Hall and Sheff are all boundary cbs

8 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

What exactly did Poole ever do beside play average ball?? Hes a huge example of what's wrong with the mindset of our fan base.. Guys like Poole wont get ya to championships.. We've got to set our standards much higher if we really expect to be a dominant team.. 

he played average ball AFTER he left Atlanta. We've seen so many guys take the last snap of their lives in Falcons gear over the years that somebody simply keeping a job after leaving here really gets the blood pumping