I never knew this Falcons trivia...

I grew up in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and I just entered grade 10 that year. I fell in love with the Falcons in 1980. That game was on local TV from one of the Buffalo affiliates. I remember the Falcons were 2-0 going into that game at GB and for the first 3 quarters they looked totally clueless, then BAM, what a 4th quarter!

The 1981 team was quite the disappointment but I read they had a ton of injuries on D and if you lok at the results that year they lost about 5 games in the final couple of minutes - oh, what could have been! (The lament of Falcons fans everywhere).

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Man, say what you want, but no. 10 had a live arm.  I mean, I know this.  I grew up watching him play.  But it still shocks me a little to see him with injured ribs and the ball still just explodes out of his hand.

His body was crushed in the NFL. It's amazing how long he lasted.

This is awesome.  Sometimes we don't agree on everything, that's OK.  

But I am all in!  Bart 10 was my favorite Falcon.  The favorite jersey I have still is a white 10 Bart!  He was great.  I know things didn't line up for a ship but he was certainly good enough at his job.  He was a leader and still has a ton of fans including me.

Thanks for sharing this.  

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm still bitterly disappointed the Bartkowski years slipped away and we couldn't get a Trophy. What a wasted opportunity.

Yup I feel bout the same with MR2 JJ11 TG88 RW84 CR18 MS12 HH81 AH81 others. Bart had weapons like MR 

That was back when the Falcons had a defense that got after other teams. The Falcons lost some very close games down the stretch; they had an OT loss to the Giants, a 1 point loss to the Bucs, a 3 point loss to the Rams, and a 2 point loss to the Bengals. However, they absolutely owned the Saints that year, outscoring them 68 to 10.

22 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm still bitterly disappointed the Bartkowski years slipped away and we couldn't get a Trophy. What a wasted opportunity.

John Madden said more than once that year ,that the Falcons were the best TEAM in the NFL.  I'll never forget that game with Dallas , when we had them on the ropes. We had been a 4th quarter miracle team all year, coming from behind to win games.  Cowboy Drew Pearson had scored a TD to pull ahead, but we all knew that Bart would save the day, he had done it so many times before.  It was fourth and long and Bart went back to pass.  When it fell incomplete, the silence in the stadium was like a funeral. We couldn't believe it.  That one still hurts. 

3 hours ago, fuego said:

That '80 playoff game against Dallas was a real heart-crusher. I really think we had the best team in the NFL that year. If we win that game we win the SB IMO. I remember John Madden saying that year when he did the Atlanta/NE game that us in that game was the best team he saw all year. 

We did. We absolutely had the best overall team in the NFL that season. 

We just crapped the bed in the 4th QTR of the most crucial game of the season. 

4 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

We did. We absolutely had the best overall team in the NFL that season. 

We just crapped the bed in the 4th QTR of the most crucial game of the season. 

Rolland Lawrence CB, was toast in that game.