Marcell Ozuna arrested for aggravated assault and domestic violence

K26dp

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Scheyer has been on staff since 2014. He was promoted to assistant HC a few years ago. A few years ago I would have absolutely said Capel. However it became clear that Scheyer was being groomed by K. Thats part of his retirement, he gets to hand the keys to Jon.

And that’s understandable that he would want to pick his successor so that the new A.D. doesn’t have to. Some may say that’s him throwing his weight around but I say it’s he’s got every right to do that

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

Why? Sounds like the police lied about what was on the body cam. Maybe that's why MLB and the Braves didn't rush to judgement

Something happened. We don't know what happened but if absolutely nothing happened they wouldn't still be able to charge him with a misdemeanor. Something happened otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge him with a misdemeanor. As far as him representing the Braves. I'm done. Sorry, I can't support him. I saw my dad beat my mom more than once.  I'd like to see the video for sure. But considering this isn't the first time something has happened between the two, the history isn't on Marcell's side here. I hate that we're even having to have this discussion.

34 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Something happened. We don't know what happened but if absolutely nothing happened they wouldn't still be able to charge him with a misdemeanor. Something happened otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge him with a misdemeanor. As far as him representing the Braves. I'm done. Sorry, I can't support him. I saw my dad beat my mom more than once.  I'd like to see the video for sure. But considering this isn't the first time something has happened between the two, the history isn't on Marcell's side here. I hate that we're even having to have this discussion.

I understand and I'm sorry you had to go through that growing up.

Yes there history between Marcell and his wife but I've only heard about his wife beating on him in the past.  

11 minutes ago, jidady said:

Interesting she was the first to break the news that prosecutors didn't find anything on the bodycam according the Dukes and Bell. I was listening to them on the radio when the news broke. Now she is saying she can confirm there is footage of the assault.  

Crazy

5 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

Interesting she was the first to break the news that prosecutors didn't find anything on the bodycam according the Dukes and Bell. I was listening to them on the radio when the news broke. Now she is saying she can confirm there is footage of the assault.  

Crazy

I think it's like me earlier in a different thread. She just didn't word it well or someone at Fox Sports unintentionally edited in a way that changed context. If she's throwing around Ray Rice's name, Ozuna did something bad on film, presuming this is an ethical reporter.

1 hour ago, freakyfalcon said:

Crazy

The bodycam caught the assault. It did not catch strangulation, which is what the officers on the scene alleged. That's a big deal because it drops the felony to a misdemeanor. 

2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

The bodycam caught the assault. It did not catch strangulation, which is what the officers on the scene alleged. That's a big deal because it drops the felony to a misdemeanor. 

It will be interesting to see exactly that the body cam caught.

Assault can be ALOT of things.

3 hours ago, jidady said:

I think it's like me earlier in a different thread. She just didn't word it well or someone at Fox Sports unintentionally edited in a way that changed context. If she's throwing around Ray Rice's name, Ozuna did something bad on film, presuming this is an ethical reporter.

I think she just means that they shouldn’t reinstate him until they see it.  It would be a bad look if it leaked to the public after he was back playing. 

• 1 month later...

Ozuna has entered a plea deal. He'll be required to complete 200 hours of community service, 6 months supervision program and 24 weeks of family violence counseling. If the other two are completed early then the supervision can be shortened to 3 months. He will now await MLB discipline. 

55 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Ozuna has entered a plea deal. He'll be required to complete 200 hours of community service, 6 months supervision program and 24 weeks of family violence counseling. If the other two are completed early then the supervision can be shortened to 3 months. He will now await MLB discipline. 

Also if all conditions are met all charges could be dropped. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

2 hours ago, ToxicBraves said:

Also if all conditions are met all charges could be dropped. 

Still don’t want him back!!! Ozuna can get lost!!

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That’s the sad truth of most professional athletes.

And nothing will change until Owners, GM’s and to an extent fans change their attitude towards players committing crimes. Things that normal people would lose their job over and have a hard time finding another job because of what they did. Professional athletes get a free pass on. 

1 hour ago, ToxicBraves said:

And nothing will change until Owners, GM’s and to an extent fans change their attitude towards players committing crimes. Things that normal people would lose their job over and have a hard time finding another job because of what they did. Professional athletes get a free pass on. 

Exactly!!