Marcell Ozuna arrested for aggravated assault and domestic violence

K26dp

From multiple sources, Marcell Ozuna was arrested today in Sandy Springs, GA and charged with felony Aggravated Assault - Strangulation and misdemeanor Battery - Family Violence. 

The team has released a statement indicating that the Commissioner's Office is informed and that they support MLB's policy on domestic violence.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Short of his defense proving that he was framed , there is no scenario where he remains a Brave.

if the cops witnessed his actions, he's done for. Only possible thing they could try is self defense depending on what happened prior to the police entering the residence but that's probably a paper thin defense

I’m certainly not defending his actions by any means, but there are women out there that know how to and will go to any length to push every hot button available to push any man to the brink of wanting to take such action. And they won’t stop because they know that HE knows any decent man is not  supposed to lay violent hands on a female..... and you know I’m right. Marcell just happened to get pushed past the brink of tolerance. I’m tired of people painting a one-sided picture that in all these cases the man is a violent animal and the woman played no part in escalating the situation. It takes two to make or break a situation. 

That said, under the decorum of what is normal and customary in society Marcell did the deed and must be dealt with according to the laws of the courts and the court of public scrutiny. 

Edited by Skott Lee

The police witnessing it is the killer. Thats hard to get around and probably even on camera. His career is over and its tough to argue it shouldn't be if all of that is indeed true. I certainly cant support him anymore, Braves or not, if all of this is indeed factual 

11 hours ago, The Kingfish said:

Time for some prison selfies.

If prison time is coming, the native inmates don’t take kindly to people who beat women and children. Doubt he’ll be dancing and celebrating what will happen to him. 

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Do all cops wear cameras that are recording at all times? People always talk about body cam footage but this is always my question.

Sandy Springs passed an agreement with Axon that they will equip all their officers with body cam last year.  If local government doesn’t mandate all their officers to wear body cam they either don’t have enough money or trying to hide something.

8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Sandy Springs passed an agreement with Axon that they will equip all their officers with body cam last year.  If local government doesn’t mandate all their officers to wear body cam they either don’t have enough money or trying to hide something.

I'm sure some of these smaller police departments in smaller towns wouldn't be able to afford to outfit all their cops with cameras. But good to know there's body cam footage of Ozuna's situation. Definitely will answer the vast majority of questions about what happened and either confirm or deny their side of the story.