We Should Add A Couple Defensive Linemen

Well Julio could be gone as early as next Wednesday which should free up enough cap space to sign our draft class and maybe add a couple free agents. If so, we should try to add at least two of these guys:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

What do you think? Any preference?

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well Julio could be gone as early as next Wednesday which should free up enough cap space to sign our draft class and maybe add a couple free agents. If so, we should try to add at least two of these guys:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

Once we consummate Julio's trade, that would make sense.

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

Justin Houston.

Bring him home TF

40 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

Either DL Casey or Richardson (Casey is linked to Pees)

LB Houston makes sense, as Edge is weak, GA boy.

Griffen I think has been strictly a 4-3 DE, maybe not a fit unless he wants to transition to 3-4 DE. 

I would be pleased.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Our secondary is in worse shape than our DL. I'm all for adding a pass rusher (Houston is the only productive one I see remaining), but we're one injury away from having a bottom five CB roster.

I'm hoping for Steven Nelson, Brian Poole, and Houston. Anything else after that is gravy to me

Moreau actually could have already been a clutch find. Young. Athletic. Improving. Length. I think he may be the heir across from Terrell. The rest are a glut of potential in Hall, Oliver, Sheffield. I wouldn’t give up on any of them just yet. One more vet CB could be good. I’d be okay with Nelson or Poole for sure.

i am trying to imagine that we may actually have a staff that can develop and our young talents.

Edited by FalconBlood

A legit CB would be the biggest addition we could make.

We have a few proven guys at DL/rush and a lot of drafted potential over the last 3 years.  

I'd still like 1 more proven DL as well, but give me a CB if we can only get 1.

53 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Our secondary is in worse shape than our DL. I'm all for adding a pass rusher (Houston is the only productive one I see remaining), but we're one injury away from having a bottom five CB roster.

I'm hoping for Steven Nelson, Brian Poole, and Houston. Anything else after that is gravy to me

Can never have enough in the secondary. Pees has said he likes a good secondary and can manufacturer a pass rush without having to have elite pass rushers. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

I'd like to give Houston a look and bring in Poole and bring back Dennard. More importantly, I'd like an OG/OC type.

I think Moreau is going to be fine for the 2nd CB though, but Poole could replace Oliver and Dennard could be some depth or cut if we're deep enough.

40 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Griffen I think has been strictly a 4-3 DE, maybe not a fit unless he wants to transition to 3-4 DE. 

I would be pleased.

Griffen played in a lot of 4-2 sets as well. That may be our most used set.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

-Justin Houston

-Jurrell Casey

-Everson Griffen

-Sheldon Richardson 

You and I both have wanted Houston here since before that 2011 draft, ‘70. 

2 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

I would be pleased.

Dean Pees has said several times that he’s not a 3-4 or 4-3 guy. He plays to the strength of his players and what is best needed to stop the opponent they’re playing that week. People really need to forget about 3-4 or 4-3 base when it comes to the defense.

43 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Dean Pees has said several times that he’s not a 3-4 or 4-3 guy. He plays to the strength of his players and what is best needed to stop the opponent they’re playing that week. People really need to forget about 3-4 or 4-3 base when it comes to the defense.

Sure. I Just noticed our websites official roster reflects positions in a 3-4 set now, after last year, positions were listed to reflect a 4-3.

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Pees has said he likes a good secondary and can manufacturer a pass rush without having to have elite pass rushers. 

This could pose as major problem then.

Famous last words?

Going to need to make a few cuts. Can see some guys like DL Chris Slayton, OL Willie Beavers and Wright, WR Christian Blake, etc. being possible "next guys off" bc they're players Artie and Terry inherited and never did much anyway.

Still think we wasted a bit too much on nameless gray faces such as Copeland, Andrews, and maybe Erik Harris. I get why, but in a year with a tight cap crunch 😬