The Featured Julio Thread

23 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Well, the thing is, he's not though. He hasn't came out and said any of this, except for that one comment on the phone, which seems clear to have been both unintentional (to the media), and just him having fun. All of this stuff is what he prefers from his new team, a winner, and a team that can get him the deep ball. Those seem like pretty obvious and understandable wants for a new team. 

One other note, at no point has there been a suggestion from Jones, that he's being traded because those things don't apply to the Falcons. We know he's being traded, and we (allegedly) know he wants those from his new team. Everything else is fans filling in perceived gaps.

Love Julio but my comment on him not trusting Matt's arm predates rumors of him wanting a big arm QB (which he wont get at Tennessee). It came from watching his reaction every time he had to slow down to catch a ball allowing a DB he had already beat to catch up and break the ball .

Clearly Matt is our QB for minimum next two years and AS can work with him like he did with Tannehill but lets not kid ourselves, Matt deep ball is gone.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He gets a guy w a big arm at least. And there are plenty of folks here who prolly think Tannehill is better than Ryan...

Last 2 seasons, I don't think there really is any debate. I think you ask the same question on the Titans board that they would say the same thing. One is trending up and one down, now is it a pattern or biproduct of coaching/scheme? That is the real question.

Edited by PointSwayzee

Russini on ESPN referencing Schefter on trade comp.

mentions a 2nd and 5th rounder

Or

a 2nd and an upgrade (swap picks) of another. 

We already saw in this draft that Fontenot likes to do this in a trade - swap picks while upgrading a pick in the swap - this could be a pattern of his style that I would like.  Maybe we could swap a 5th rounder for Titans 3rd rounder as well - I would like that.

6 minutes ago, falcon app said:

Love Julio but my comment on him not trusting Matt's arm predates rumors of him wanting a big arm QB (which he wont get at Tennessee). It came from watching his reaction every time he had to slow down to catch a ball allowing a DB he had already beat to catch up and break the ball .

Clearly Matt is our QB for minimum next two years and AS can work with him like he did with Tannehill but lets not kid ourselves, Matt deep ball is gone.

"matts deep ball is gone" yet ridley had the most deep ball catches either last year or the year before.

2 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

I mean picks are cool but it makes us worse this year which is going to suck

Falcons weren't winning anything in 2021 season anyway - and this was in all likelihood Julio's last season in the ATL if we kept him this year anyway - might as well trade him and get assets now while he's 32 yrs old.   

Even if Julio balled out for Falcons in a 2021 season - his trade value goes down with every birthday.  This was the best time to trade him w/ a new regime.   Matt will probably be gone in two years - the roster is turning.

2 minutes ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

"matts deep ball is gone" yet ridley had the most deep ball catches either last year or the year before.

You mean catches over 20+ yards? lmfao

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

No, which is why I wanted to rebuild.

However if you decide to go all in with Matt then you have to try and win now. Wasting a year of your 36 year old QBs career is just stupid. 

Agreed. You either go all in with an aging QB or you rebuild. Doing both doesn't work. 

Just now, insight said:

AS doing Tenn a solid, this may get them over the hump. Mean time Falcons are in a win now mode wink wink!

Eh, it makes the Titans the favorite to win their division but I still have them behind KC, Cleveland, and Buffalo. This is the kind of trade they could have used a one-two years ago. 

• ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic