The Featured Julio Thread

11 hours ago, matty72780 said:

First off - I said he’s not within the top 10-15, not “worst in the NFL”, read the post bruh.

Second off - Please provide a link or some documentation any legit publication or analyst saying Matt Ryan has a “top 10 deep ball”. If you think Matt Ryan has a deep ball and a canon arm then you must not ever watch any other team play or highlights ever. Matt Ryan rarely leads a WR if it’s 40+ yards. I’m not bashing Matt Ryan, I love him, but he’s not a deep ball QB in any capacity and never has been. I have literally watched every game of his Falcons career and he constantly under throws our WRs on any ball that’s 40+ yards, CONSTANTLY! You can still win a SB without a deep ball QB (Brees), but if you think Matt Ryan is a good deep ball QB that’s just baffling. 

The problem is Julio has to catch those deep passes. I can remember him dropping at least 2 deep balls where he was wide open. He not Ryan cost us those games.

10 hours ago, jmorrison said:

Common sense / cannot get any more basic: the guy who skips the most practices seems to miss the most catches that require the most precise timing with the QB.  Duh.  What is the matter with y'all?

Show up for all the practices, and when the tip ball interceptions, the between-the-hands missed TD's, etc. happen, THEN you can start a conversation about who else's fault it might be. 

Guaranteed other teams are looking at his comments to Shannon, the mid-contract holdout, the no-shows to practice, and the 3rd down walk-offs against the pretty stats.  Otherwise ATL would've gotten the sweet deal he assumed was coming when he made the stupid public comment.

Where is the big demand for Julio? 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

If Julio really wants to play w Cam, I say give him what he wants. It won’t take long for him to realize the grass was greener w/ Matt Ryan. Half way into the season (at most) he would be catching balls from a guy very similar to Matt Tyan though.

he prolly wants to jump on a stacked team for a free ride to a SB opportunity (Chiefs, Packers)

Cam is very inaccurate and lucky to have a starting job.

Man, reading through this, most of our fans legit turned on Julio.  It’s wild to see.

The only thing I don’t understand is, he said he wants to go to a team with a “deep ball thrower” then why are his preferred choices the Titans & Patriots 😅

1 hour ago, falcon app said:

Well.......with the news/rumors that Julio is looking for a big arm QB, it appears my 'terrible reach' was not that far fetched was it?

I don't think Julio wanting to play for a Big Arm QB is a shot at Ryan. Julio  just want to play with what he's used to. He's probably tired of coming across the middle, and guys diving at his legs.

30 minutes ago, N3onD3on said:

Man, reading through this, most of our fans legit turned on Julio.  It’s wild to see.

The only thing I don’t understand is, he said he wants to go to a team with a “deep ball thrower” then why are his preferred choices the Titans & Patriots 😅

The turning is because he's finally showing us what a tool he is. And now he just keeps opening his mouth. I'd take a 3rd from the Titans for him and hope he sucks every day of the week.

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

😯

Basically: Why does, I want to play for a winner, have to mean he thinks the Falcons aren't winners. Why does, I want to outrun DBs and catch deep balls, have to mean he thinks Ryan can't throw a deep ball.

Just now, hjerry said:

Basically: Why does, I want to play for a winner, have to mean he's thinks the Falcons aren't winners. Why does, I want to outrun DBs and catch deep balls, have to mean he thinks Ryan can't throw a deep ball.

People are just making up their own things as the days go on. That's one of the problems with the internet. 

54 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Basically: Why does, I want to play for a winner, have to mean he thinks the Falcons aren't winners. Why does, I want to outrun DBs and catch deep balls, have to mean he thinks Ryan can't throw a deep ball.

If he doesn't think those things then why does he want to leave.

Oh wait, money.

10 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I don't think Julio saying he wants to go to a team that has a qb with a arm that can deliver a deep ball is a shot at Ryan at all.. Its probably ment as a compliment.. NOT 🤣

I know the love for Julio Jones will long endure around here, but the things he's saying which sound like he's bad-mouthing the Falcons as being losers and Matt Ryan struggles to deliver the deep ball are pretty obvious and clear insults to the Falcons and Matt Ryan. How are fans supposed to take comments like that? If he isn't trying to stir up s***, he should just stop making at best very awkward and questionable comments like this full of inuendo.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I figured you would want to see a follow up since you were the person who initially pointed out the tweet but no worries, I won't anymore. 

Seems like you were trying to be funny with the "4 pages later" comment even though I was the first one to bring Benkert's tweet up.

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I know the love for Julio Jones will long endure around here, but the things he's saying which sound like he's bad-mouthing the Falcons as being losers and Matt Ryan struggles to deliver the deep ball are pretty obvious and clear insults to the Falcons and Matt Ryan. How are fans supposed to take comments like that? If he isn't trying to stir up s***, he should just stop making at best very awkward and questionable comments like this full of inuendo.

Well, the thing is, he's not though. He hasn't came out and said any of this, except for that one comment on the phone, which seems clear to have been both unintentional (to the media), and just him having fun. All of this stuff is what he prefers from his new team, a winner, and a team that can get him the deep ball. Those seem like pretty obvious and understandable wants for a new team. 

One other note, at no point has there been a suggestion from Jones, that he's being traded because those things don't apply to the Falcons. We know he's being traded, and we (allegedly) know he wants those from his new team. Everything else is fans filling in perceived gaps.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

Seems like you were trying to be funny with the "4 pages later" comment even though I was the first one to bring Benkert's tweet up.

If that's how you interpreted that, okay. 

Again, you don't have to worry about me mentioning you anymore. 

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic