The Featured Julio Thread

33 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

FIVE STAR ATHLETES WORTH $650,000 PER SEASON.  This was done in 2012.  Its well over a million a year now. Julio was a 5 star recruit. Julio played three years at Bama.   His market value was $1,950,000.  Bama owes Quintorris Julio Jones $1,950,000 minus any room, boiled eggs and bowl trinkets they gave him.

A study by researchers at Ohio State University released this week tried to provide an answer, and the figures are robust. According to the study, five-star recruits are worth an average of $650,000 per year to their program.

The study, co-authored by Ohio State economics professor Trevon Logan, uses football revenue data from 2002 to 2012 for all Football Bowl Subdivision schools as well as the recruiting database of Rivals.com.

It operates on a two-step procedure. Researchers started by inferring the value of high-level recruits on team performance by tracking the rankings of recruits at one school in a given year and the program’s wins and bowl appearance from that season. The second step involved determining the effect these results — wins and bowl appearances — have on total revenue.

https://europeselite.com/news/how-much-is-a-five-star-recruit-worth-to-a-college-football-program-a-study-says-650000-per-year/#:~:text=According to the study%2C five,per year to their program.

Man I'm done with the stupidity. Keep defending people who make more in 1 year than most make in a lifetime. While you're at it, why don't you change his diaper, burp him, and give him his paci.....won't be responding to the insane bs anymore. How much is a neurosurgeon or a nuclear physicist worth at osu. Oh nothing, cause they can't play a game.

7 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Man I'm done with the stupidity. Keep defending people who make more in 1 year than most make in a lifetime. While you're at it, why don't you change his diaper, burp him, and give him his paci.....won't be responding to the insane bs anymore. How much is a neurosurgeon or a nuclear physicist worth at osu. Oh nothing, cause they can't play a game.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Williamb said:

So Matt Ryan is overpaid too?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So Matt Ryan is overpaid too?

He makes market value same as julio. But yes.

It would take me 5yrs working ot to make league minimum for 1 year(and I am a licensed professional with people's lives on the line). I don't harp on them making market value for their contribution, i just have a problem with them whining when they signed a contract and got paid upfront for it.

Edited by Williamb
Addition

Also, if he finds a partner that doesn't want to pay his salary, he's gotta take the pay cut...I guarantee TF isn't going to pay another team part of his salary just to move him...

Personally, even amidst all this, I still think Julio is a Falcon this year...it's just like the old saying goes: wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which gets full first...

2 hours ago, Hard Case said:

The falcons have given Julio every thing he has ever asked for. The guaranteed 15 million of his money and a new contract.  They let him practice if and when he felt like it , which was seldom.  He also came out of a game any time he felt like it, which was often.   I think someone in the new regime took a look at Julio's actions and told him those efforts were no longer satisfactory.  That's when the mule lip came out. Frankly , Julio became spoiled because he is an exceptional athlete, but like Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson, he became , "Unhappy" when he was asked to behave the same way as most players.  He signed a contract, but in spite of that ,  he demanded a new one , and the Falcons obliged. He was obligated to come to OTAS AND TC, but he didn't have to do much of that, after all, he was Julio.  He is showing his behind now like a spoiled brat.  IMO , he KNEW he was on the air with Sterling and was just tring to spur the Falcons along.  Hey Julio, eat your dang Broccoli or you get no dessert.....BRAT ! 

Totally agree with this.  The Falcons have given him everything he asked for, including being allowed to skip practice, etc.  I have to belive stuff like that is part of what doomed DQ.  You don't think other players were giving side eye when they were expected to be busting their butts in practice and Julio was chilling on the sideline.. if he was there at all?  I get that the fractures with the Falcons go further back and AS and the new staff (though, again, I think it is ridiculous that he is mad when the Falcons have always bent over backwards to keep him happy), but I have said the same thing.. I think the new staff wants everyone to put in the same effort and Julio went full diva because of how codled he was before.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

There's that anger I was talking about.

People really need to get over that 'noble football warrior' myth.

1. The NFL is a job and all players are in it for the money.
  2. Teams basically consider players cattle. They don't care about them and if it becomes advantageous for them to cut a player they will do so mercilessly.

And how does the falcons coddling Julio and giving him what he wants fit into your bs narrative? 

Edited by dawgsjw

9 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

And how does the falcons coddling Julio and giving him what he wants fit into your bs narrative? 

So you disagree that Julio's not in it for the money?

Remind me, how did things end with Roddy White? John Abraham? Michael Turner? etc? The team let them stay on the roster until they decided to retire? Or did they get rid of them once they were no longer useful?

One thing I love about football is that is such a perfect lesson for life. You can't focus on the last play. It's all about the next play.

What should the Falcons do? Play hardball? Where does that get them? How does that help them?

They can repair the relationship with Julio but it's probably going to involve paying him more money. I don't think that's going to happen.

So then what? Force him to stay on the roster? Use him as an example to show any other uppity players what happens when they step out of line?

It's all about the next play. How can the Falcons move forward? Is it better to try and get something for him while they can or should they take the cap hit and use up the roster spot to prove a point? 

23 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Also, if he finds a partner that doesn't want to pay his salary, he's gotta take the pay cut...I guarantee TF isn't going to pay another team part of his salary just to move him...

Personally, even amidst all this, I still think Julio is a Falcon this year...it's just like the old saying goes: wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which gets full first...

This is the only thing that really makes sense.  A 2nd round pick isn't worth 15 million in dead cap money

7 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

"The New England Patriots are said to be the favorites to land Julio Jones in a trade, and the all-world wide receiver reportedly wants to play in Foxboro. Bill Belichick is being urged to do whatever is necessary to pull off the deal, even if it means trading former Defensive Player of the Year Stephon Gilmore, Brian Mazique of Heavy reports."

Gilmore and a 2nd would work for me.

37 minutes ago, Williamb said:

He makes market value same as julio. But yes.

It would take me 5yrs working ot to make league minimum for 1 year(and I am a licensed professional with people's lives on the line). I don't harp on them making market value for their contribution, i just have a problem with them whining when they signed a contract and got paid upfront for it.

To be fair Julio hasn't been whining.

I'm thinking he thought he was having a private conversation. The fact the interview is not on the official Undisputed YouTube page tells me something.

It's really funny. 4 Days ago everyone was dismissing reporting that the Falcons were going to trade Julio as the work of hacks. Now everyone is taking reports from those same 'hacks' that he requested a trade earlier as gospel.

To be clear I think he did request a trade but I've been thinking he wasn't going to be on the Falcons anymore as soon as the salary cap came into focus.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

To be fair Julio hasn't been whining.

I'm thinking he thought he was having a private conversation. The fact the interview is not on the official Undisputed YouTube page tells me something.

It's really funny. 4 Days ago everyone was dismissing reporting that the Falcons were going to trade Julio as the work of hacks. Now everyone is taking reports from those same 'hacks' that he requested a trade earlier as gospel.

To be clear I think he did request a trade but I've been thinking he wasn't going to be on the Falcons anymore as soon as the salary cap came into focus.

4 days ago there was no legitimate leg to stand on. It's a different story when it comes from the horse's mouth then The legit guys start spilling details they've been quiet on.  The legit guys kept things quiet until it came from him.

No one is going to  a rumor saying he would rather play with Cam than Matt serious. 

2 hours ago, Red-E said:

I'm just pissed me and my girl gotta keep the number 11 Jersey's we bought. Hers was a Christmas present and I got mine a few months before Christmas. Just going personalized jerseys from here on out.

Yep. No point in buying a jersey with a players name on it in this day and age.  Could relatively soon become a “throwback”

41 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

Totally agree with this.  The Falcons have given him everything he asked for, including being allowed to skip practice, etc….

Kinda makes you wonder if he’d attend practice like normal, maybe he’s not standing there like a freakin statue in Dallas while the onside kick is rolling slowly by.

🤔

1 hour ago, peoriabird said:

The Cap number doesn't work because of the dead cap money hit

For us or pats? On our end, You can also extend Gilmore a year or two. 

55 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

The Cap number doesn't work because of the dead cap money hit

39 minutes ago, Vandy said:

For us or pats? On our end, You can extend Gilmore a year or two. 

Falcons free up 15.5 M and Gilmore counts 7M. The Falcons will have around 8-9 M to sign rookie class and sign other Fa. 

Should’ve traded Julio 2 seasons ago when his value was the highest. Julio showed us who he was when he was hanging out with T. O. (You are the company you keep) Right before holding out and demanding a pay raise just 2 years into a new contract. We may never know why Julio soured on the team but if I was a betting man I’d put it all on the Super Bowl loss. The off season after the Loss seemed to change the whole organization top to bottom. 

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic