The Featured Julio Thread

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

You still didn't answer,, How many games do you think we'll win this year?? 

Sigh...

The reason some people end up on ignore more often than not...

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I hope he is,, We're already the most talented Falcon team in the History of this team.. If we can keep him now... I'll just say... Wow !! , Just Wow !!  I'd love for him to be in on a great year for this team. He'll be glad by the end of the year. If he'll just chill a little bit and bye into the new Coach and system.  

23 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

IMO , this is the most talented Falcon team that this team has ever had.. And I've been a fan since 1972. I'll get back to ya during the season,, You'll see,, It may take this team 3 or 4 games to get settled down for the season.. But then,, Better get your pop corn ready..,, Name the year we had more talent than this team that has been put together tnis off season ??? I'm an optima's , I am not a pessimist. But the proof is in the pudding. And I do speck the truth.

I just...

992523680-Dodgeball.gif

29 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Maturity and grown are two different things. If you can legally vote and fight in a war in these United States of America you are grown. 

And what do those soldiers go through and learn to become effective? Discipline, not good times.

1 minute ago, Williamb said:

And what do those soldiers go through and learn to become effective? Discipline, not good times.

Doesn’t mean they’re mature though. Because if that was the case the military wouldn’t have a huge sexual harassment issue

Originally posted on SportsTalkATL  |  By Alex Lord  |  Last updated 6/4/21

Josina Anderson, who is the host of Undefined, reported from a source last night that a team involved in the Julio Jones sweepstakes said, “everyone is giving (the Falcons) time to think about it…” Anderson mentioned that these comments come from a team that prefers to deal a high mid-round pick for Jones, while Terry Fontenot also absorbs a “good share” of the seven-time Pro Bowler’s salary.

It’s becoming clear that the Falcons will have to choose between maximum financial relief and maximum draft capital. Teams aren’t going to want to give up a first-round pick without Atlanta taking on a share of the contract, but they seem to be willing to part ways with a second or third-round pick and take on the entirety of the contract.

I’m not saying I agree with any of this. It’s just my take from the information provided. In reality, Fontenot shouldn’t and likely won’t trade the All-Pro receiver away for a bag of rocks. The entire point of this trade is to provide salary cap relief, and if Fontenot has to eat some of Jones’s salary, what’s the point? This can be a difficult situation for a first-time general manager, but I believe Fontenot won’t blink.

I think Fontenot would rather have a disgruntled Jones on the roster knowing he might sit out rather than take some lowball offer to set the precedent general managers around the league can take advantage of him. He doesn’t seem like that type of individual. A “high mid-rounder” isn’t even close to what Julio Jones is worth, and if that’s what the market is baring, then I don’t think he’ll be traded.

26 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

He will never play another snap for the Falcons. It's over guys. Get over it 

He's got a couple of choices he can make that would lead to him not playing for this team this year - a smart one and a dumb one. 

The smart choice would be to go to wherever ATL deals him and make his money. 

The dumb choice would be to sit out the year, make nothing, and tarnish his reputation even further.  As much as his stock may have dropped already, it's nothing compared to the drop he'd see if he pulls that crap. 

It's amazing to think he might handle all of this so poorly, but I guess it's possible. 

I hope you're right though about him not playing another snap as a Falcon.  And as a fan, there's really nothing to "get over."  Either one of those outcomes would be a-ok with me.

5 minutes ago, RedandBlack4ever said:
Originally posted on SportsTalkATL  |  By Alex Lord  |  Last updated 6/4/21

Josina Anderson, who is the host of Undefined, reported from a source last night that a team involved in the Julio Jones sweepstakes said, “everyone is giving (the Falcons) time to think about it…” Anderson mentioned that these comments come from a team that prefers to deal a high mid-round pick for Jones, while Terry Fontenot also absorbs a “good share” of the seven-time Pro Bowler’s salary.

It’s becoming clear that the Falcons will have to choose between maximum financial relief and maximum draft capital. Teams aren’t going to want to give up a first-round pick without Atlanta taking on a share of the contract, but they seem to be willing to part ways with a second or third-round pick and take on the entirety of the contract.

I’m not saying I agree with any of this. It’s just my take from the information provided. In reality, Fontenot shouldn’t and likely won’t trade the All-Pro receiver away for a bag of rocks. The entire point of this trade is to provide salary cap relief, and if Fontenot has to eat some of Jones’s salary, what’s the point? This can be a difficult situation for a first-time general manager, but I believe Fontenot won’t blink.

I think Fontenot would rather have a disgruntled Jones on the roster knowing he might sit out rather than take some lowball offer to set the precedent general managers around the league can take advantage of him. He doesn’t seem like that type of individual. A “high mid-rounder” isn’t even close to what Julio Jones is worth, and if that’s what the market is baring, then I don’t think he’ll be traded.

Reportedly

Makes me want to vomit really.  Tired of all this crap.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Doesn’t mean they’re mature though. Because if that was the case the military wouldn’t have a huge sexual harassment issue

Pleaze man...that was the whole point of saying "not grown between the ears". Now we are talking about sexual harassment in the military. 

They have to be trained by individuals who are mature....they can't be turned loose to do what they want. Yes, the legal definition of grown falls in line with voting and serving, but in my history most 18y/o do not have enough good sense to vote. And I certainly wouldn't want to send a group of gangbangers to Afghanistan simply cause they're adept at killing unarmed people. Training and discipline is required for efficiency and excellence. Not friendship.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:56 AM, Spts1 said:

This is in alignment with my opinion that Julio's agent is trying to force a trade with the phone call stunt but played ignorant when the NFL got involved...:lol: Julio doesn't care what the the Falcons get, he just wants out of there...

Maybe true, but if that's the case I don't give a flying flip about what Julio wants. Everyone knew 2 years ago when he started working out with Terrell Owens it was going to be a problem. That was the first time he whined about his contract. Now in the first year of his extension he's whining again, and wants to be traded. 

I might be petty, but if he's acting a fool and trying to screw us on compensation in a trade. I would waste the next 3 years of his career, since we've got to pay him any way. 

If Julio is not traded by mandatory camp reporting date next week he will be at camp, otherwise he will not get an accrued season which means we'll still have a 3 year contract after this year plus all the fines.

This is from the CBA that was just voted on last year and is in effect as of this year. The hold out rules have changed.

A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which (i) he failed to report to the Club's preseason training camp on that player's mandatory reporting date; or (ii) the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material period of time, unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the family.

31 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

You still didn't answer,, How many games do you think we'll win this year?? 

Didn’t he say 9-10? What’s your prediction?

if it’s the beat team in history the starting point is 14 games and a SB run (1998 team)?

21 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Pleaze man...that was the whole point of saying "not grown between the ears". Now we are talking about sexual harassment in the military. 

They have to be trained by individuals who are mature....they can't be turned loose to do what they want. Yes, the legal definition of grown falls in line with voting and serving, but in my history most 18y/o do not have enough good sense to vote. And I certainly wouldn't want to send a group of gangbangers to Afghanistan simply cause they're adept at killing unarmed people. Training and discipline is required for efficiency and excellence. Not friendship.

This is the craziest, most random thread ever. 😄

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I totally agree that we don't have to trade him, and he could very well still be on the team in 21. But that bold part isn't a fact at all. It's just something that floats around in the pundit-sphere with nothing to back it up but hearsay. 

There is really only one known reason they'd want to trade him: our cap situation.

The whole dang thing is hearsay. We have heard nothing directly from the team or Julio (he has said nothing else since Sharpe) or his agent. All we hear is from the dopes on TV or the bloggers.

28 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Reportedly

Makes me want to vomit really.  Tired of all this crap.

Agree.. tired of it. 

That's just a rehash of the same quote that was used previously from an anonymous source that someone is claiming as being more than it really is: Using the headline for clickbait.

We're not taking a mid round pick and eating a big portion of the salary as well, which is what this low ball offer comment refers to. Plus just for the unwashed masses... just because some anonymous team offered that, doesn't remotely mean we are mulling it over. 

2 hours ago, Someday soon said:

Falcons are trying to negotiate with no power/leverage.  Before I send Julio off for a third and still pay him, Grady is sent packing.  Can't negotiate a fair deal with Grady either if he holding all the cards.

We have leverage.  Julio can still play.  That has value.  As many have said, if someone loses a receiver during ST, Julio's value goes up.  If Grady signs a new deal, Julio's value goes up.  If Julio is smart and has a sit down with Falcons brass and it is announced that the riff is done, Julio's value goes up.  If Julio shows up in FB, his value goes up. 

Julio and the Falcons can increase their leverage.  Will they?

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Maturity and grown are two different things. If you can legally vote and fight in a war in these United States of America you are grown. 

No.  If you have those two things, you can become expendable.  Vietnam Veteran.  Trust me.

15 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

This is the craziest, most random thread ever. 😄

I know man..I started off just saying 20-25 y/o aren't grown yet(meaning mature). And then goes to old enough to vote and sexual harrassment in the military. Sheeesh... all I was saying is that they need discipline and not a wingman.

29 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Agree.. tired of it. 

That's just a rehash of the same quote that was used previously from an anonymous source that someone is claiming as being more than it really is: Using the headline for clickbait.

We're not taking a mid round pick and eating a big portion of the salary as well, which is what this low ball offer comment refers to. Plus just for the unwashed masses... just because some anonymous team offered that, doesn't remotely mean we are mulling it over. 

I was just thinking, hmmm, if you’re a reporter who dislikes our team.  You could basically take sniper shots at our club without any real restrictions while hiding behind real or fake sources and innuendo.  Sad really.  There is no standards for what they refer to as journalists today.  

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

Ok

32 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

No.  If you have those two things, you can become expendable.  Vietnam Veteran.  Trust me.

If you are mature and grown you become expendable? Or you talking about voting and fighting in a war?

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic