The Featured Julio Thread

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. If they want the keep Julio fresh and not go full speed. He should do all walk through. If he can physically go, that would be great. Either ways he is a force come game time. This whole limited practice isn’t Julio thing. Heck many Titans vets were limited last year playing for AS. Can you imagine Julio getting injured in practice? You will hear for ray of the life like JA55 getting hurt in week 17 of 2012. Before that game every one was blaming Smitty for resting players in 2010.

How many of those guys were learning a new offense? How is Julio going to learn the offense and get on the same page with Ryan in the little details of the offense if he doesn't practice?

6 hours ago, falconeno said:

All Kyle had to do after THE CATCH is run the ball 3 times (on the 22ish yard line) and Ryan would be considered a HOF candidate today. Maybe not a first ballot but still a candidate. Ryan haters will tell you that he should have told them in the huddle that we running the ball we are not running this pass play. Yeah right! Only Petyon and maybe Brady, Marino, Elway could get away with that. 

We lost it bro. We can't solely blame the loss on this. We could have kicked the FG, missed it, or it would have been blocked. Freeman could have picked up the block, etc. I'm guessing if we had won a Super Bowl prior to this, we would not point fingers as much. 

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

How many of those guys were learning a new offense? How is Julio going to learn the offense and get on the same page with Ryan in the little details of the offense if he doesn't practice?

Maybe it's the Iron Bowl thing you have against Julio, considering you're an Auburn Fan. You are are taking this as hate for Ryan. BS like this will continue as long as you have a couple of MOD agreeing with you.

Would anyone take either of these options if offered to the Falcons from the Titans. 

2nd round pick + Kristian Fulton CB.     or 3rd round pick + Fulton + Rashaan Evans LB.

Was pretty high on Fulton in the draft last year as a late 1st round quality player.  I had him and AJ pretty close in Rankings as both late 1st round guys and think he would be a good young corner to pair with him. 

There is a Julio temperature gauge coming next week...mandatory minicamp.  This will be the first opportunity for us to fine him if he does not report, and once fined, it cannot be rescinded.  Don't believe the media; don't believe rumors and "sources say..." Believe actions. We will know next week how serious both sides are in repairing or exterminating any reconciliation.  If Julio doesn't show (likely) and we do not fine him, that may be a sign we are working towards keeping the band together.  If he doesn't show and we do fine him, that will likely be irreparable.  

Whatcha all gonna do if Julio shows up to minicamp!???

2 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

There is a Julio temperature gauge coming next week...mandatory minicamp.  This will be the first opportunity for us to fine him if he does not report, and once fined, it cannot be rescinded.  Don't believe the media; don't believe rumors and "sources say..." Believe actions. We will know next week how serious both sides are in repairing or exterminating any reconciliation.  If Julio doesn't show (likely) and we do not fine him, that may be a sign we are working towards keeping the band together.  If he doesn't show and we do fine him, that will likely be irreparable.  

Go to sleep and wake up the same as usual. 

5 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Ummm not much. Clap twice, slowly? Hope he balls out? Scratch his nuts? 🤷‍♀️ 😂😂

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Would anyone take either of these options if offered to the Falcons from the Titans. 

2nd round pick + Kristian Fulton CB.     or 3rd round pick + Fulton + Rashaan Evans LB.

Was pretty high on Fulton in the draft last year as a late 1st round quality player.  I had him and AJ pretty close in Rankings as both late 1st round guys and think he would be a good young corner to pair with him. 

Do we really need another LB that isn't a pass rusher? We already have Jones, Foye and Walker. Not to mention Evans will be a FA next year.

I'd be more interested in the 1st option.

11 hours ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

I think Julios agent and Falcons brass ultimately make an agreement to wait and see how the landscape looks prior to the trade deadline and if Falcons aren't in contention, then Julio will get traded. I also don't expect for Julio to show up at the camps because of ongoing negotiations and if he plays during the season, it will be in a limited capacity.

No way we carry the cap problem  into the season (i.e. no new FA signings), give Julio a roster spot, and then infrequently play him. Wouldn't we rather have Julio balling out both for our own good and his?

AS mentioned the difference between voluntary OTA's and the mandatory ones and this will get more serious if Julio doesn't show for the mandatory. I'm thinking he shows if a trade hasn't materialized. I would also expect all the cap space moves to be made to "move on" as in Julio staying by then also.

Ranking the 16 worst NFL offseasons of 2021: Which teams struggled and didn't improve? (espn.com)

28. Atlanta Falcons
What went right: The Falcons hired Arthur Smith to be their coach, but I might be more excited about the the fact that Smith coaxed defensive coordinator Dean Pees out of retirement. The former Patriots, Ravens and Titans coach has a long track record of success, and Tennessee fell from 18th in DVOA in their final season with Pees to 29th without the veteran a year ago. The Falcons will need Pees, given that they probably have the worst secondary in the league on paper.

What went wrong: A brutal cap situation forced the Falcons to let veterans Alex Mack and Keanu Neal leave. It might also be one of the reasons franchise icon Julio Jones follows them out the door, with the star wideout reportedly asking for a trade this spring. The Falcons need to clear out more cap space solely to sign their draft class, which could lead to a Jones trade in the weeks to come. They might be able to get a first-round pick in next year's draft for Jones if new general manager Terry Fontenot plays his cards right, but there's no great outcome here for this team. Seeing the future Hall of Famer line up elsewhere is going to make Atlanta fans sick to their stomachs.

What they could have done differently: The big question for the Falcons came down to how they cleared out cap space for 2021. Fontenot was going to need to restructure at least one big contract to make room, and the player he chose was going to inform what they were doing with the No. 5 overall pick. Fontenot chose to restructure Matt Ryan's deal, which pointed toward Atlanta avoiding a quarterback. Fontenot & Co. ended up drafting tight end uber-prospect Kyle Pitts.

The other way to do it would have been to call time on Ryan's future. Atlanta could have restructured the contracts of Jones and Grady Jarrett, drafted a quarterback at No. 5 and traded Ryan after the 2022 season. I think I prefer the way the Falcons handled it in real life, but if Fontenot and Smith loved Justin Fields or Mac Jones, they could have gone in this other direction.

What's left to do: Extend Calvin Ridley. After the Jones trade, one thing the Falcons can do to try to mollify a frustrated fan base is make sure that their other wideout is sticking around. Ridley is a free agent after 2021, and while the team can't afford a massive raise on its current cap, it should be able to use a multi-bonus structure to keep Ridley around for the next several seasons.

6 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

We lost it bro. We can't solely blame the loss on this. We could have kicked the FG, missed it, or it would have been blocked. Freeman could have picked up the block, etc. I'm guessing if we had won a Super Bowl prior to this, we would not point fingers as much. 

Sugar coat it,, talk about it ... And try to say other wise.. But who ever called that play is the reason we lost that game.  Period.. To say other wise is just not true,, if you ask 100 Professional players and Coaches,, 99 would say the last play call lost that game,, The Truth will stand and  Untruth will fall every time !

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Sugar coat it,, talk about it ... And try to say other wise.. But who ever called that play is the reason we lost that game.  Period.. To say other wise is just not true,, if you ask 100 Professional players and Coaches,, 99 would say the last play call lost that game,, The Truth will stand and  Untruth will fall every time !

A cacophony of calls and miscues lost that game. Losing after being up 28-3 in the 2nd half never comes down to one play.

5 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

A cacophony of calls and miscues lost that game. Losing after being up 28-3 in the 2nd half never comes down to one play.

Not true,, there have been many games lost on the last play of the game in NFL History. Ours just happen to be the the most important play of any game the Falcon's have every played in.. That's what hurts. And that play will be the one brought up even years down the road.... Why? Because it hurt worse than any other play in Falcon History.

Did those games come down to the last play or could they be equally attributed to a play made or not made earlier in the game.

Did we lose the SB because of the play we were talking about or did we lose it when we failed to stop NE on multiple 4th down conversions earlier in the game?  We might have missed the FG after that play for all anyone knows. 

You contradict yourself with that very statement. Technically we lost the SB on the last play of the game when NE scored in overtime, yet you claim a single play much earlier in the game is when we lost it. 

We like to make things black and white and point to a single defining factor, but it's never that simple. That play was one of several pivotal moments. 

2 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Did those games come down to the last play or could they be equally attributed to a play made or not made earlier in the game.

Did we lose the SB because of the play we were talking about or did we lose it when we failed to stop NE on multiple 4th down conversions earlier in the game?  We might have missed the FG after that play for all anyone knows. 

You contradict yourself with that very statement. Technically we lost the SB on the last play of the game when NE scored in overtime, yet you claim a single play much earlier in the game is when we lost it. 

We like to make things black and white and point to a single defining factor, but it's never that simple. That play was one of several pivotal moments. 

I tend to agree on this.  Even taking the Falcons out of the equation, that absurd Edelman catch was a huge factor in them being able to come back and tie, much less win.  

Free missed a block.  Multiple holding calls (even leaving aside for a second that NE didn't get called for holding even once the entire game as I recall).  The decision to go shotgun 3 times in a row in FG position.  The no call on the Sanu facemask.  All of it played a role.  A game like that isn't won or lost on one play.  You have to mess a lot of things up to allow that to happen.  And even if you do, the other team still needs a lot of things to go their way too.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I tend to agree on this.  Even taking the Falcons out of the equation, that absurd Edelman catch was a huge factor in them being able to come back and tie, much less win.  

Free missed a block.  Multiple holding calls (even leaving aside for a second that NE didn't get called for holding even once the entire game as I recall).  The decision to go shotgun 3 times in a row in FG position.  The no call on the Sanu facemask.  All of it played a role.  A game like that isn't won or lost on one play.  You have to mess a lot of things up to allow that to happen.  And even if you do, the other team still needs a lot of things to go their way too.

Yes that effing catch. WTH. Never again will we see something like that. 

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Too bad that wasn’t the last play of the game.

Everyone seems to forget the Falcons got the ball back in regulation and just needed to get in FG range. Tough ask for sure but we all saw Ryan do it in 11 seconds as a rookie.  However by then they were in complete meltdown. Weems brought it out instead of letting the team start at the 25 and then Ryan and the offense couldn’t move the ball at that point.

And I’ve never understood why some people always want to give the defense a pass.

They just had to make ONE ******* PLAY. Get a turnover. Stop one of two two point conversions.

That one year where everyone was excited that Quinn was going to also be the DC. I knew that wasn’t going to end well because everyone seems to have this collective amnesia regarding the last quarter of the Super Bowl where Quinn and his defense did absolutely nothing.

But no. It wasn’t the defenses fault. They were tired. (sarcasm)

Instead let’s focus on where Ryan took a sack and then Matthews held.

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Sanu also yanked the defenders facemask so at best they would have gotten the down back.

36 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The more I read about this Julio trade, it seems that Tennessee and SanFran are the only destinations left.  Our price is steep apparently, and justifiably so.  

Baltimore have declared they're out as have the Rams apparently.  At this point, I feel Julio stays a Falcon.

What would the people that have been bashing relentlessly for the last week do then because apparently Julio is a non practicing cancer?

35 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The more I read about this Julio trade, it seems that Tennessee and SanFran are the only destinations left.  Our price is steep apparently, and justifiably so.  

Baltimore have declared they're out as have the Rams apparently.  At this point, I feel Julio stays a Falcon.

I sure hope so.. But I kind of don't think he'll be here.. unless he's willing to restructure ...

43 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Too bad that wasn’t the last play of the game.

Everyone seems to forget the Falcons got the ball back in regulation and just needed to get in FG range. Tough ask for sure but we all saw Ryan do it in 11 seconds as a rookie.  However by then they were in complete meltdown. Weems brought it out instead of letting the team start at the 25 and then Ryan and the offense couldn’t move the ball at that point.

And I’ve never understood why some people always want to give the defense a pass.

They just had to make ONE ******* PLAY. Get a turnover. Stop one of two two point conversions.

That one year where everyone was excited that Quinn was going to also be the DC. I knew that wasn’t going to end well because everyone seems to have this collective amnesia regarding the last quarter of the Super Bowl where Quinn and his defense did absolutely nothing.

But no. It wasn’t the defenses fault. They were tired. (sarcasm)

Instead let’s focus on where Ryan took a sack and then Matthews held.

💯

ONE play made by the defense after being up 28-3, and we win. We might have even still won fairly convincingly had we taken them off the comeback track at some point with ONE defensive play. Instead our inability to make ONE defensive play fed the avalanche comeback monster. 

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic