The Featured Julio Thread

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'd take DK as well, but you know the Seahawks and Wilson would want to keep him.

If Seahawks trade for Julio, then Wilson needs to shut up complaining about not being protected and constantly getting hit.

He and Julio can complain together. A lil emerald city pity party.

Reports from teams talking to Atlanta was consistently first round pick last week. Now apparently Falcons have added a player to the first round ask.  Looks like they are asking more now. 

3 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

These boards have been boring the last week or so. It's almost midnight, so I'll start it off. Julio to the Jets for the 2nd of their 1st round picks in 2022. Help for Zach Wilson, who will be a game 1 starter. Perhaps the team was told from the git go that if you don't practice, you don't play and Julio took it badly........

GO FALCONS!!!!

There's a thread at the top of the first page. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Reports from teams talking to Atlanta was consistently first round pick last week. Now apparently Falcons have added a player to the ask.  Looks like they are asking more now. 

Oh if Charles Robinson doesn’t believe it then it must never be true.

1 hour ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Wonder if it has any thing to do with OTA and training camp attendance/participation? 

Or practice...? Just sayin'...

I'll make a bet that Julio will participate in practice for his new team at a level he hasn't done with the Birds for nearly a decade.

7 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'd take DK as well, but you know the Seahawks and Wilson would want to keep him.

If Seahawks trade for Julio, then Wilson needs to shut up complaining about not being protected and constantly getting hit.

Yeah I agree on that man. Tough to get the ball downfield when nobody is blocking for you

24 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

These boards have been boring the last week or so. It's almost midnight, so I'll start it off.

It was 9pm est. when you posted this. Unless you live on an island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Falcons have time to find the right trade for Julio Jones

dbf9880ead6e499ca4e1f381ae4c5e36.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Matt Urben 

June 1, 2021 9:15 pm ET

The Atlanta Falcons are almost certainly moving on without All-Pro receiver Julio Jones, but don’t expect the deal to happen on June 2 just because it can. It’s been over a month since it was announced that Jones was on the trading block and despite that being more than enough time to work out the parameters of a trade, the team has a little bit of breathing room.

The main reason Jones’ time with the Falcons is coming to an end is because the team needs the money to sign its 2021 draft class However, as explained by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport on Tuesday, Atlanta doesn’t technically have to have its rookie class signed until late July when training camp starts.

It’s been reported that the Falcons are seeking a first-round pick for Jones, although many believe the team will settle for a firm second-rounder. Obviously, it would be best for all parties to get a deal done as soon as possible, but as new Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot proved while navigating his first NFL draft, he’s comfortable being uncomfortable.

Atlanta gave up a lot to acquire Jones over a decade ago. The team shouldn’t rush a deal for the greatest receiver in franchise history just to make the next month as comfortable as possible. Change is always uncomfortable, but Fontenot knows this is a critical moment that will affect the team in both the present and the future.

Don’t expect him to blink now.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/01/atlanta-falcons-julio-jones-trade-nfl-network-news/

2 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Yea that would be the definition if fair weather fan and I'm not some ******* that's gonna jump from team to team according to who is the flavor of the decade. I'm in for a penny in for a pound loyal black and red. I just know what I'm in for,  I want them do do well I just know Falcons are gonna do Falcon things.  

Been a falcon fan since 66'. Used to watch on b&w tv when cannonball butler and nobis were there. My point is that my expectations will always be high going into the season. And I will never accept the "falcons being the falcons" analogy. We've seen good and extremely bad over the years. But, we do have a good owner who has taken knocks over the years and has learned from them. I think he has organized the best fo and coaching staff that I have ever seen in "red and black". This 4-12 team last year was much better than their record would indicate. So, my expectations this year, as with any other, are high. We are presently tied in first place with a 0-0 record. Nothing fairweather nor bandwagon about me.

1 hour ago, falconeno said:

Got it but how many TD's were missed over the years because Ryan doesn't have the same zip and accuracy on deep balls as Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson? We got who we got so, all we can do it appreciate what he is very good and excellent in other areas. We don't want to get into marriage analogy. We don't want to go down that rabbit hole 😜

And how many were missed because someone couldn't practice repetition and timing?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Terry Fontenot proved while navigating his first NFL draft, he’s comfortable being uncomfortable.

Love to see it. We'll see what happens but you gotta like that reports say TF is consistently asking for a first. There's half a dozen teams sincerely interested. Someone is going to blink and spend a little more. 

Edited by PuppyMonster

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I find it really hard to believe too. If the Texans couldn't get a 1st for a much younger Hopkins what makes people think a 32 year old Julio Jones will fetch a 1st round pick?

I'd take, a pair of 2nd's (2022, 2023) and a 3rd or 4th in 2022 and be happy to have the other team take all of Julio's salary. I'd accept that in a heartbeat.

11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I find it really hard to believe too. If the Texans couldn't get a 1st for a much younger Hopkins what makes people think a 32 year old Julio Jones will fetch a 1st round pick?

I'd take, a pair of 2nd's (2022, 2023) and a 3rd or 4th in 2022 and be happy to have the other team take all of Julio's salary. I'd accept that in a heartbeat.

That's a bad example. Plenty of teams would've given a 1st for Hopkins, but his coach was desperate to get him out, and took the first slightly reasonable deal that got rid of him.

I highly doubt TF is going to compromise. Despite what some on here seem to think, he has little reason to do so

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

That's a bad example. Plenty of teams would've given a 1st for Hopkins, but his coach was desperate to get him out, and took the first slightly reasonable deal that got rid of him.

I highly doubt TF is going to compromise. Despite what some on here seem to think, he has little reason to do so

I would love to be wrong and see the Falcons get a 1st for Julio. But I just don’t see it happening.

I also don’t believe that there’s any mending fences with Julio to where he plays for the Falcons this year.

If you don’t move him where does the money come from for the rookie class?

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

Serious question: What's with the QB's calling Julio?  Does he have any say on where he goes?

Falcons may get similar offers from two teams and May leave it up to Julio to pick one. It’s not uncommon in the NFL for players to recruit others. Julio’s agent is apparently working hard talking teams to see if they can give what Falcons want. 

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic