The Featured Julio Thread

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wouldn't they want to have an extension agreed to in principal before agreeing to the trade?

I wouldn't think so, different league, but the NBA loves expiring contracts. Maybe to lessen the cap blow? But it I read that a trade for Gilmore saves $8M on the cap, without the extension.

It might be that no one really wants Julio. He is no good to a (re)building team. Only teams that think they are a receiver away. Who is that really? 

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

It might be that no one really wants Julio. He is no good to a (re)building team. Only teams that think they are a receiver away. Who is that really? 

No clue what teams think but off top I'd guess Baltimore, Green Bay, New England and Tennessee. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

No clue what teams think but off top I'd guess Baltimore, Green Bay, New England and Tennessee. 

Part of me understands the whole, trade him to a contender, we don't want to trade him to a bottom team and make future FAs not want to sign here because they think we won't do right by them, but at the same time, part of me also says just get the most you can get, it's business. Plus, we really don't have any evidence that any of that is actually coming from the Falcons.

I could potentially get behind including players to, depending on who they are of course, but again, there's nothing suggesting the Falcons are or are not refusing player additions to the deal.

Just now, Jesus said:

Well Green Bay needed a TD last year in the NFCCG inside the redzone. Julio is not their guy.

Green Bay also needs someone other than Adams that is consistently reliable. 

But you asked 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Green Bay also needs someone other than Adams that is consistently reliable. 

But you asked 

Sure. They can also kick the field goal again.

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Part of me understands the whole, trade him to a contender, we don't want to trade him to a bottom team and make future FAs not want to sign here because they think we won't do right by them, but at the same time, part of me also says just get the most you can get, it's business. Plus, we really don't have any evidence that any of that is actually coming from the Falcons.

I could potentially get behind including players to, depending on who they are of course, but again, there's nothing suggesting the Falcons are or are not refusing player additions to the deal.

That's why I say no to posting absolutes when I have the slightest clue. Take the best offer available if it's a multi team battle. They could please every emotional fan by sending him to the Jets for a 3rd rounder. 

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Sure. They can also kick the field goal again.

That's the coaches concern. Anywho, you asked a question and got an answer. Definitely not going to waste time going back and forth about a coaches decision making skills in important games

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I am sure Ryan made his points behind closed doors.

He is not the type to air anything out in public.

But you honestly can indeed say the same thing for Julio and other elite receivers.

If you remember when Julio got his first big deal it was the time as some other big deals for wrs so there was precedence for his big deal.

And as other wr's signed but bigger deals then he was still going to get paid again.

Not to mention, your deal being based on the market value really undervalued Julio. Are you paid as the best player on your team, or the best player at your position.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

We will know soon enough if Falcons trade Julio for first rounder or dump him for second rounder. 

I take that as a yes. You went from a firm yes on the Patriots to this now. It's okay to acknowledge that theres a possibility that it may not be the Patriots who offered the first round pick. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I take that as a yes. You went from a firm yes on the Patriots to this now. It's okay to acknowledge that theres a possibility that it may not be the Patriots who offered the first round pick. 

I didn’t say yes. We shall find out in next few days/weeks. Never said it is definitely  Patriots, it could be another team which may come and beat Pats with better offer. I don’t think it’s second or third round dump though. Pats are front runners. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

I didn’t say yes. We shall find out in next few days/weeks. Never said it is definitely  Patriots, it could be another team which may come and beat Pats with better offer. I don’t think it’s second or third round dump though. Pats are front runners. 

🤣 🤣 I'm done. 

What I find entertaining on these boards but also makes me roll my eyes, is how equally arrogant some can be on here. We didn't take a QB, and so everyone who was was positive we would and refused to believe otherwise got blasted, but there were plenty of people who were just as arrogant about the opposing POV. The Julio thing is showing to be very similar. Some people are being understanding about the possible options, while others are just straight up arrogant about their perceived eventual result of this. The funny part of course, is that, whatever happens, it's only the ones who end up being wrong that are going to be attacked for their arrogance.

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

What I find entertaining on these boards but also makes me roll my eyes, is how equally arrogant some can be on here. We didn't take a QB, and so everyone who was was positive we would and refused to believe otherwise got blasted, but there were plenty of people who were just as arrogant about the opposing POV. The Julio thing is showing to be very similar. Some people are being understanding about the possible options, while others are just straight up arrogant about their perceived eventual result of this. The funny part of course, is that, whatever happens, it's only the ones who end up being wrong that are going to be attacked for their arrogance.

Pot meet the kettle. It is message board, and people have opinions. 

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic