The Featured Julio Thread

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It doesn’t say executives are sources. Reporters who have been talking to executives have different take. King is just throwing everything to improve ratings. That’s his job.

Doesn’t have to say it for me. Just like when my sources from college football tell me what player is about to chose Miami I know they heard about from inside Miami’s athletic department. The coach or AD didn’t tell them. 

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Atlanta's new front office clearly thrives on chaos and confusion.

I can't help but wonder how the masses would react to this situation under TD and Quinn.

The over/under on people calling them unprepared and undisciplined would be pretty interesting.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I can't help but wonder how the masses would react to this situation under TD and Quinn.

The over/under on people calling them unprepared and undisciplined would be pretty interesting.

I bet none of this is coming from either of them. 

Latest reports are that we’d accept a 2nd rounder straight up and that the new team will have to redo Julio’s contract (I thought Julio was gonna hold out on his new team after balling next year - but I guess he’s being upfront saying I want more $ now)

A 2nd rounder ain’t even worth it tbh.. hope these are just false rumors 

2 hours ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

Sounds like other clubs are trying to fleece us to acquire Julio... we take part of the salary? Yeah right man smh. I hate how the media acts like the Falcons should bend over backwards so that one of their teams can acquire Julio dirt cheap like f*** us.

Yep. It feed excite.entvforbtge league while this market suffers to "Super-team-up" their favorite Bigger market Franchises!

If he does want a new deal then I think the chances of him being traded are even slimmer than before.

Few teams will want to dole out a first and then give a big contract to a 32 year old receiver coming off of a lost season due to injury.

27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I don't know that this bit of information has been reported anywhere else, and this source isn't the most well-known. If he wants a new contract, then all of the people who want him to stay should be a bit more optimistic.

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

That would not be a good look for Fontenot as the new GM I could get a 2nd for Julio Jones

A second rounder with another team taking on Julio's money is about as good as it can get, imo. Either a first rounder or a second with another team taking on all of Julio's money. Hopefully we don't make any deals for anything less than that. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I don't know that this bit of information has been reported anywhere else, and this source isn't the most well-known. If he wants a new contract, then all of the people who want him to stay should be a bit more optimistic.

I think this may be his source     

If a team's worst concern is that Julio wants more money after a great year, they have EVERY reason to make the deal.

The worst case scenario is that you have a more valuable superstar as an asset next year.

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

This is what Peter King wrote

NBC Sports' Peter King reported the Falcons are looking for a trade in which they wouldn't be on the hook for any of the $38 million he's still owed in base salaries.

"I was told a while ago by a source I trust that the Falcons would accept a hard second-round pick in 2022 (no condition on Jones’ playing time) with no responsibility to pay Jones any of the $38 million he has coming," King wrote.

I would to. I mean, clearly I’d want more than just a 2nd round pick, but I’d take that as the starting point of a deal to not have to pay any of Julio’s future salary.

4 hours ago, Xfactor said:

If he stays in the NFC for a 2nd I'll be pissed. NE gave a 2nd for Sanu I would think they would give a 2nd all day long for Julio Jones.

Sanu didn’t have a major cap hit and it was during the season so Patriots we’re more desperate. You can’t compare the two situations.

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Acho and Wiley...... preach!

Also, I thought that Wilson's biggest problem was he was tired of being hit constantly?

Paying Julio and then having to turn around to pay Metcalf after already paying Lockett 17 mil a year makes upgrading that o-line even harder, but yet they are interested in adding him an expensive weapon?

It's also been reported that Wilson has talked to Julio about playing together. But wasn't he the one complaining about constantly getting hit?

Someone tell Russ he can't have it both ways.

I think the best/perfect deal would be that the Falcons take a first or second round pick and that teams first or second best WR and take on the rest of Juilo Jones aka Trick Montalban's remaining salary, to free up the Falcons salary cap issues. Other then someone in our Division, that deal is a CAN NOT refuse situation. 

Man Julio acts like people owe him a sh** ton man. 

1. Trade me to a contender 

2. I want a new contract

3. Get me out of ATL because they're sorry

4. I dont care if the Falcons stay in salary cap he77 and don't get compensated.

Gotta settle these expectations. My worry is this becomes the new norm. One thing I like about the NFL is parody. Im gonna stop watching if the super team becomes normalized.

I’m glad to hear others bring up the contract point with Julio likely wanting more.. it’s something I’ve mentioned since the rumors began

My initial bet was that Julio would hold out on his new team after balling next year (and that his new team would be caught off guard by this). But it appears Julio may be acting more up front about it (whether because he wants more $ immediately or is just being honest about his expectations) 

Either way it lowers his value if it’s true, and I think we can have a fairly large level of confidence in it being true given his history and that his current contract means he’d be in the #20’s for WR pay moving forward. So, it’s bad in that it lowers his value but I guess you could argue good in that it makes it more likely we keep him.. just not sure us keeping him is even an option at this point given how much the sports world fears locker room toxicity/dissent 

17 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I’m glad to hear others bring up the contract point with Julio likely wanting more.. it’s something I’ve mentioned since the rumors began

My initial bet was that Julio would hold out on his new team after balling next year (and that his new team would be caught off guard by this). But it appears Julio may be acting more up front about it (whether because he wants more $ immediately or is just being honest about his expectations) 

Either way it lowers his value if it’s true, and I think we can have a fairly large level of confidence in it being true given his history and that his current contract means he’d be in the #20’s for WR pay moving forward. So, it’s bad in that it lowers his value but I guess you could argue good in that it makes it more likely we keep him.. just not sure us keeping him is even an option at this point given how much the sports world fears locker room toxicity/dissent 

I don't know why people want to force Julio to stay here when he clearly wants out. Keeping a player that doesn't want to be here will not help the new front office and coaching staff create a culture that they want to create. I've personally reached the point where I just want him gone because I'm over all the drama. Julio is a great player but he doesn't mean more to me than the Atlanta Falcons team does. I'm over the entire media circus that Julio has created because he thinks he's God's gift to football. I never thought I'd ever say this but the sooner he's gone the better off the Falcons will be.

8 hours ago, DMT11 said:

The fk.is a hard 2nd round pick, different than just a regular.one??? I can't stand when ppl do this, low ball.the  fk outta you when you have somthing for sale and by saying "cash money" it's like it's somthing more than just WTH it is, 

Apparently you can make a draft pick trade contingent on the new player’s playing time 🤷🏿‍♂️

After hearing a source say things can be patched up, I’m thinking Julio is on the field for us this year. 

1 hour ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

Man Julio acts like people owe him a sh** ton man. 

1. Trade me to a contender 

2. I want a new contract

3. Get me out of ATL because they're sorry

4. I dont care if the Falcons stay in salary cap he77 and don't get compensated.

Gotta settle these expectations. My worry is this becomes the new norm. One thing I like about the NFL is parody. Im gonna stop watching if the super team becomes normalized.

There are too many pieces and schemes for the super team to become normalized in the NFL. People forget NBA players leaving money on the table to form those super teams and solidify their legacy. Imagine telling a RB to take a pay cut for his only payday without the endorsements NBA players are afforded(even Klay Thompson has prime time commercials), just so he could form a ‘big three’ with, idk, Mahomes, Hopkins, and no o-line/defense.

The lack of luxury tax and amount of players on a team stop super teams from existing. 

• ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic