The Featured Julio Thread

1 hour ago, BLM said:

So you advocate holding players hostage now like Washington did with Trent Williams?

Yes when they act like an Aholio. 

Julio wants to play fast and loose he should then be able to handle blow back.  Enough of kissing the Diva's a$$.  He got paid well or we would not be in this cap position... and his sore thumb or turf toe excuses are not going to cut it anymore. 

He made this mess now he has to man up.

Words have consequences.  He could have bowed out thanking the organization and got traded. He could have left looking like a talented star. But he had to play it like a tough guy... well tough sheeeet.  Now he looks like a fading over entitled, selfish player that has no problem sticking it to management that is paying him a guaranteed 15.9 mil bucks.  Even when he sits out 7 games. He has lost my respect and sympathy.  I was a huge Julio supporter.  Now i wish we had cut him loose and kept Hooper.... lol

Burn him... :flame: Like a marshmallow.

1 hour ago, BLM said:

So you advocate holding players hostage now like Washington did with Trent Williams?

Now come on, you could have at least thrown in a 'slavery' reference. 

You slippin' on us, yo!

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Falcons weren’t going to trade Julio before the draft. Come on people😂😂

No, but said team knows they will get JJ on June 2, therefore knows that WR is not a need they need to address early in draft.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The Falcons have to pay Julio regardless.

So I'd rather pay him and put him on an exclusion list if he doesn't show up than give him away for nothing.

I'm not sure you can just put a player on an exclusion list. The NFLPA will fight it. The commissioner could put him on the exempt list but that's a whole other thing.

If he broke the law or something that would be one thing. In the grand scheme of things requesting a trade and then saying something on TV that could be argued that was done illegally is going to be completely different.

If the Falcons know Julio doesn't want to play for them and he's going to use up a roster spot if they keep him, should they play hardball and pay him to sit on the bench? Isn't that going to make a toxic situation even worse?

37 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

You have to think the relationship is strained at best right now.  The Falcons have been humiliated on national television, and not from pathetic on field play.  Telling the world that Julio was a Falcon for life was a mistake.  Indulging Julio by taking the knee every time he wanted something was also a mistake.  The final mistake is being too proud and saying that its a first or nothing.  One, we no longer have real leverage.  Two, JJ does not want to be here because we slighted him or some such.  And lastly, beggars cannot be choosers.  We take the best offer we can and move the bus.  

This would make the organization look so weak.  Giving in to a petulant child is just plain week.  Julio doesn't run the Falcons and last I checked he is under contract that he sign to perform.  If he doesn't, he is in breach of his contract which I hope can be nullified!

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If the Falcons know Julio doesn't want to play for them and he's going to use up a roster spot if they keep him, should they play hardball and pay him to sit on the bench? Isn't that going to make a toxic situation even worse?

They should make a case to the commissioner to nullify the contract especially if Jones doesn't report to camp.  The League should discuss creating an Antonio Brown rule for cases such as this.

2 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

If anybody thinks it's good that AB is getting in the middle of how this team is run, yikes. If TF says yes we'll take a 2nd rounder and AB is overruling him, that is NOT good. What else is he going to overrule? Maybe Florio is garbo, but if there's any truth to this, I can't see that as being a good thing in terms of how things are going to work.

Get outta here and go sell some 2x4's AB, you know about as much about football as my nephew knows about keeping a job.

If anybody thinks that there is any professional sports organization in the world that the owner doesn’t get involved in some form or fashion they are kidding themselves. You don’t become a billionaire by sitting back while someone else drives. I’m sure every owner has stepped in at least once in some kinda way. 

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Tell the NFL to give us the highest 3rd round comp pick for this utter sh*tshow caused by FOX which is an NFL partner. Say his value diminished after this.

Then get at least a 2nd from a team for Julio.

Then essentially you got a 2nd and a 3rd at minimum. 

I’m down with this

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I'm not sure you can just put a player on an exclusion list. The NFLPA will fight it. The commissioner could put him on the exempt list but that's a whole other thing.

If he broke the law or something that would be one thing. In the grand scheme of things requesting a trade and then saying something on TV that could be argued that was done illegally is going to be completely different.

There are some lists that they can put a player on if he does not report.

**** with his injuries they can probably just IR him the moment the moment he walks in the door.

That probably won't make him happy but then again him knowingly or unknowingly going on national television and making in the comment that he made put the Falcons in a very bad spot so I'm sure they're not very happy with him.

So there is that.

Honestly all of our opinions are kind of moot because we really don't know exactly how Julio feels we don't know how toxic it really is.

But like I keep saying at the end of the day Falcons hold all the cards.... They do not need to trade Julio.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

**** with his injuries they can probably just IR him the moment the moment he walks in the door.

That probably won't make him happy but then again him knowingly or unknowingly going on national television and making in the comment that he made put the Falcons in a very bad spot so I'm sure they're not very happy with him.

So there is that.

Honestly all of our opinions are kind of moot because we really don't know exactly how Julio feels we don't know how toxic it really is.

But like I keep saying at the end of the day Falcons hold all the cards.... They do not need to trade Julio.

How funny would it be if he’s suiting up week 1 for the Falcons. Would really make the pundits squirm

9 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

They should make a case to the commissioner to nullify the contract especially if Jones doesn't report to camp.  The League should discuss creating an Antonio Brown rule for cases such as this.

I would be O.K. with a rule that allow players and their agent to sign a waiver requesting a trade which allows the team trading the player to not be responsible for that player's future salary or take cap hits as a result of that trade.  I would then definitely accept a 2nd round pick without the cap ramifications!

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

I admit you're right. Don't know nor care about the nba. Just don't agree with their international stance.

And that’s fine because lots of people don’t. But Bron isn’t even getting heat about that stuff anymore

Just now, peoriabird said:

It doesn't work like that. It's a collectively bargain agreement between the league and the players union.

If Julio doesn't report to mandatory events the team has the right to fine him for every day he misses.

And the team can cut any player at any time. That is their right.

However due to the collectively bargained agreement just cutting any player comes with salary cap ramifications. 

Blank really messed up by not firing Quinn and TD 3 years ago. Keeping them in place put them in desperation mode the last 2 years where they were doing anything to keep their jobs. TD waited 1 year too long to extend Julio and then compounded that by restructuring it. They then made it exponentially worse by restructuring Ryan.

Now the team doesn't have the cap space to handle cutting Jones. The Falcons created this problem.

I don't feel bad for TF and AS because this is part of what they were hired to deal with. They also know that at some point they are going to most likely have to make a very unpopular decision regarding Matt Ryan. But this is what they signed up for.

30 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

No, but said team knows they will get JJ on June 2, therefore knows that WR is not a need they need to address early in draft.

Hey that’s all good if it happens. For cap reasons they would wait until after June 1st to do it

2 hours ago, BLM said:

And do teams hold up their side of the contract when they cut players left and right?  It's only fair.

Except the teams are still holding up with their end of the bargain by giving up the guaranteed money.  

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

How funny would it be if he’s suiting up week 1 for the Falcons. Would really make the pundits squirm

And I still think that there is a bigger chance of that happening then with some may think at this point.

Who really knows at this point.

But at least we are not talking about Trey Lance.....so we have that going for us....so that is nice.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So there is that.

Yeah. They can cut any player at any time. That is their collectively bargained right.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It doesn't work like that. It's a collectively bargain agreement between the league and the players union.

If Julio doesn't report to mandatory events the team has the right to fine him for every day he misses.

However due to the collectively bargained agreement just cutting any player comes with salary cap ramifications. 

Blank really messed up by not firing Quinn and TD 3 years ago. Keeping them in place put them in desperation mode the last 2 years where they were doing anything to keep their jobs. TD waited 1 year too long to extend Julio and then compounded that by restructuring it. They then made it exponentially worse by restructuring Ryan.

Now the team doesn't have the cap space to handle cutting Jones. The Falcons created this problem.

I don't feel bad for TF and AS because this is part of what they were hired to deal with. They also know that at some point they are going to most likely have to make a very unpopular decision regarding Matt Ryan. But this is what they signed up for.

There should be a way to present a case to the league that a player isn't honoring his commitment to the team and his contract.  You can't run a business like this!

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If we can afford him that would be a great deal but not sure how we can and still sign our draft picks.

We can't. He would cost us $7 million, which negates all the 2021 cap savings from trading Julio. That's why people dismissed this rumor the last two times it came out.

The only way it would make sense is if NE sent us a pick and then another one they got from someone else who wanted Gilmore. But he's overpaid and in decline. PFF only had him at 61 this year, which is fringe starter grading.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

never understood millionaires wifing up women who expose themselves for everyone. Imagine one of his teammates telling him how wild his wife is on onlyfans in the locker room.

Reminds me of the Barco-Vasquez incident for all you United fans

1 minute ago, peoriabird said:

There should be a way to present a case to the league that a player isn't honoring his commitment to the team and his contract.  You can't run a business like this!

So here's the main problem. What has Julio actually done?

Requested a trade? Was illegally recorded on national TV?

I'm guessing that so far he hasn't done anything in violation of any contractual obligation.

And again the team can release/fire a player at any time.... without cause. There's nothing to stop them from doing that.

The problem is that doing that triggers certain things that the league and players union have agreed to.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

3 years ago we were just coming of off back to back playoff seasons

Firing a coach after back to back playoff appearances is a great way to never attract another quality HC again.

And again for like the 11 billionth time.

Julio's, Matt's, Mathews or any contract that people want to point to as being an issues....all of that is moot because of Covid.

There are only like 4 or 5 teams In the league that can sign their draft class right now with out making a move or 3  to do it.

Any normal year we would be in atleast average shape in terms of the cap.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic