The Featured Julio Thread

9 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

You're looking at Jones through 2016 eyes, not who he is now. On the day he's traded, for whatever it is, he brought it on himself. He's burned any chance they had of reconciling, and I hope in turn they burn him with a trade to the Jets or Jacksonville.

As for the specific compensation, Anything more than one 2nd round pick is a bonus. And frankly, I'd rather have a 2 and 3 than one 1st. 

We will agree to disagree

17 hours ago, octoslash said:

Hey Falcons:  either get what you want for him, or let him pout all year on the sofa.  The call is his.

I think it'd actually be funny to see him screw himself out of a season at his ripe old age. 

Yup.  He's totally crapped away any of my sympathy.

I'm with you. Guys like that make me a vindictive sob. 

And I have less than zero interest in rewarding his behavior by sending him to a high percentage SB contender. In fact, I'd be looking for similar compensation from the exact opposite. 

If he decides to sit, well, let him sit. I just don't want his poison here. 

18 hours ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I get your side of the argument as well but I just hate that we’re paying anyone, not just Julio, not to be on the team.  Especially someone as valuable as Julio is and considering the dead cap associated with it.  Take the dead cap away and I’m fine because as much as I love Julio and appreciate what he’s done I do think he’s in decline and is going to have major trouble staying healthy for the remainder of his career.  

The 'dead cap' isn't the biggest thing that'll come out of a trade. It's the 15 million we get back this offseason to sign our rooks and hopefully add a couple more players who can help our defense.

The draft pick(s) are great, but that $15m is what the team wants and needs right now a lot more than one 32 year old receiver.

4 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I don’t want Julio gone but it seems its a foregone conclusion so I do actually hope it happens next week so everyone can just move the f on

Yep, I'm hoping they have a deal already in place and it's just a matter of waiting until the clock strikes 12.

29 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

As I said when the report came out of the locker room being damaged because stars were getting preferential treatment I think it's pretty safe to assume who was the main beneficiary of that treatment. 

That’s what happens when you have a DQ being a BFF instead of a dam HC too.  

If we get a first I would be floored really.  I am thinking more in lines with a second and another pick, maybe as high as a third.  The fact that this saves us money, allows us to sign our whole draft class, and still have money left over to look at possible help, thats a good thing.

4 hours ago, tbhawksfan said:

Just saw a realgm report that Titans are talking a first for JJ

In my mind, how would that be any different than just staying here?  It’s going to be the same system. Pretty sure Vrabel is a tough no nonsense type of coach. 

23 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was trying to word this differently, but I didnt want to throw my local guy under the bus.  Personally, I hope we keep him and he balls out.

Yeah, me too.. But it looks like its to late to fix this situation .... So ,, maybe we'll get the best player available with the 1st round pick we get for him. 

14 hours ago, octoslash said:

Whatever...BRO.

Btw I semi retired at 45 after owning 4 businesses and making a dozen people rich lol.

Man, you stopped me in my tracks.  I have slugged it out in my profession for over 30 years.  I have made a good living but after a divorce, I have to work until I drop.  

Just curious. What sort of businesses were you in?  

I apologize for derailing the thread (not really, I am getting bored with the Julio stuff).  

14 hours ago, jetpac said:

So all you dudes mad at Julio... now you know Atlanta struck first, still bitter?

I'm not "mad" at anyone - don't know any of these people personally. But, at the risk of starting a longer conversation than intended (or needed), not clear on how Atlanta "struck first". Julio got a mega contract and then decided it wasn't good enough and so held out and got another contract with a massive amount of guaranteed money. If reports indicating that he didn't like the deal are accurate, he shouldn't have signed it - that's on him. Not like the Falcons were going one-sided on it; that contract set up a big chunk of the nasty cap situation we're in right now, so they agreed to feel some pain in order to give him more money. The team has let him skip practice, taken him off the field for stretches at a time to rest even when he was needed, and generally treated him about as well as they could based on the information available. If he's got bad blood with someone specifically, that doesn't necessarily mean the "team" did anything.  

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Im not sure of any qb in the league with a weaker arm than Ryans atm.. So unfortunately anywhere Julio goes he'll probably see a better performance.. And thats not me just hating on Ryan.. Its honestly the truth.. Julio wants to get away from Ryan for a reason, and I can't hate him for that 

If that was really the case, why sign an extension? Just play those last 2 season out and dip. Would be a FA right now had he not wanted more $$ from the Falcons.

9 hours ago, Zzzzz said:

99% of fans from other teams keep talking like it's Julio's choice where he goes. 

If the Falcons receive the best offer from the Jets and accept it, then Julio has no choice but to go to the Jets, right?

Does he have any leverage in these trade talks to determine where he goes?

Not anymore, this last play by Jones probably pissed Blank off.

11 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

If we get a first I would be floored really.  I am thinking more in lines with a second and another pick, maybe as high as a third.  The fact that this saves us money, allows us to sign our whole draft class, and still have money left over to look at possible help, thats a good thing.

We’re going to get a first bro. For sure.

16 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Falcons are reportedly stuck with 1st round pick. They don’t need to trade Julio if the return is not there. Julio and his agent can find teams that are willing to give what Falcons want. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons are reportedly stuck with 1st round pick. They don’t need to trade Julio if the return is not there. Julio and his agent can find teams that are willing to give what Falcons want. 

And they reportedly have an offer of a first on the table already. A first would be great, just not a conditional one of playing time or something, that would worry me and ATL luck would see that pick end up being a 3rd after JJ plays 5 games or something.

I don’t think TF will accept a conditional pick though for a player of this caliber.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You would think his time with Saban would count, but here's my take. I doubt anyone here loves these Bama guys as much as I do, but it's just time.  He wants out, we need cap space, and I need this new culture. Anyone wants out, good bye. 

Yep, time to move on and bring in a new culture and foundation to this franchise.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic