The Featured Julio Thread

Just now, EastATL said:

Something tells me the trade was already made before the draft and he knows where he is going already. He told Shannon Sharp I am outta there like he knows where he is going. I think they're waiting until June 2nd to announce it

Wouldn't surprise me at all

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

So, if the Saints or Bucs is the highest Bidder, you just make the move? 

I dont see why not.

With him leaving the only goal should be to get the max compensation.  If you limit who can bid, then the bidding field becomes smaller and so do the bids.

Julio already limited the teams by saying he wanted to play for a winner, if Tampa and Saints join the fray, play their bids against each other.  If you are thinking you wouldnt want to have to play him twice, they are too.  Personally, I have no fear of the prospect of having to play him twice.  If he stays in conference, you might have to play him in the season and in the playoffs. Great.  I would rather have that run at him during the season to plan for the playoffs.  All bids would be accepted and considered and the highest bid would win.

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Uninformed.  Uneducated.  Our society that nks research is random sensationalized headlines.

Agree 100 percent. Like Cowboys fans thinking they going to the Super Bowl every year when they haven't done anything far as the playoffs in a long time. I argue this with people on Facebook and at work, but they don't grasp logic. Even had to break it down to a couple Falcon brethren. JJ holds no cards in the negotiation really.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, andrews31cain21 said:

If we gave him permission to seek out a trade, I think his people negotiate with a team on a restructure...say New England wants to trade for him, then I think NE could tell JJ reps hey we want to trade for you, but we are going to need you to shave 3 million off your contract and its a done deal... Then he would have to redo his contract with us, of course it would have stipulations that we trade him to NE..Of course that would help us.. NE would probably instead want us to absorb a portion of his contract and our compensation would probably depend on how much of the contract we absorb...

Yeah see I think this would help open his options and the FO options in terms of viable trade partners

5 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

If Julio is traded, we all hope we are better than his new team, or else what kind of FALCONS fans are we? Lol. Jets would be fine with me.

I see a top 10 pic next year, Jax would work too lol both in the afc 

11 hours ago, octoslash said:

Whatever...BRO.

Btw I semi retired at 45 after owning 4 businesses and making a dozen people rich lol.

That's what I am talking about. Props and congrats to you sir. 

11 hours ago, RYNE said:

Wow, seriously? I have absolutely zero desire to see him get a championship once he leaves this team. He basically had ATL fans lay down and pisssed in their mouth on live tv. This franchise has paid him a fortune. Not like we treated him poorly or refuse to pay him. 

Cheer the guy that said basically this place sucks I want to win?!?! F-outta here 

F-HIM!

I'm an Atlanta Fan, and he didn't offend me in any way or form.

12 hours ago, octoslash said:

Whatever...BRO.

Btw I semi retired at 45 after owning 4 businesses and making a dozen people rich lol.

Kudos the question remains though when you were in charge did you take it personally when someone wanted out or publicly said the job was bad.  If you did successful or not I disagree with how you handled it. It cannot ever be personal at the end of the day its just a job they make a scene you handle it and move on.  Making these things super personal doesn't work.  He's mad, he's acted out, you deal with it but its no different then someone telling other Co-workers they want to quit or getting attitude with management.  These things happen getting upset about it just makes you look bad too.  The Falcons are handling this the correct way they aren't responding or reacting.  That's professionalism and that's why they will be fine either way.  The fans can be mad if they want but I just don't see why everyone sees it as a personal betrayal.  Julio has his own goals and doesn't think they can be accomploshed here.  It's that simple this isn't personal it just is what it is.  

16 hours ago, belmont4213 said:

The cap savings are what matters, not the dead cap. Essentially, are we better with $15m + draft pick or with Julio? If you can sign the draft class, pick up Houston and Casey, and nail the first rounder (e.g., new WR, QB of the future), then you’re better off trading him.

Dead cap matters too and why we HAVE to get a 1st for him otherwise it will seem like a failure.

7 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True, but Blank is the type that he would've tried to accommodate Julio just as a token of gratitude for his decade of work for the franchise.

I'm sure Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot don't give two *****.

TF is of the same mind as AB. He's talked a couple of times about the business side by saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) that players aren't just commodities. They have families, etc. That just tells me he isn't going to just screw someone over. For this reason, I can't see Julio going to any of the historical bottom dweller teams like the Jaguars, Browns, Jets or Cinci.

Just brainstorming possibilities, I expect he'll go to an AFC team (although I'd give an outside shot to Washington or Arizona). I'm going to also assume it's true that someone has offered a 1st round pick as has been rumored, which would exclude the Ravens, Titans, Patriots (and 49ers).

That only leaves 2 teams that have the cap space. Other teams are possible, but would require the teams to restructure multiple players (or trade multiple starting caliber players to Atlanta to offload cap). Those two teams are the Chargers and Broncos.

And we know Julio loves Socal. I'm going with the Chargers. Final Answer, Alex.

13 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons have first round pick offer. Julio requested the trade, all bets are off and Falcons should move on for right value.  For all the clowning of AB for not wanting anything less than 1st round. We should thank AB for sticking to the guns. 

Falcons we trying to move Julio, he found out and THEN requested the trade. 

12 hours ago, AustFalcon said:

The worse the team who trades for Julio does, the higher our draft pick.

I love Julio and hope he does well, but I won't be wanting him to win a championship - I hope he will be the same as many years in Atlanta - a very good player on a losing team.

Each week I will be cheering for Atlanta and against Julio's new team.

I'll cheer for the Falcons all the time - and I'll cheer for Julio if his new team is playing the Saints, Bucs or Panthers.

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I’ve defended, pulled for, and overlooked his last exercise of fkg our team.

I think I’m pretty much tapped out on that ****.

I’m actually wondering if the guy was an internal team problem even more than any of us know.

I never thought I’d come out and say it, but fk Julio.  

As I said when the report came out of the locker room being damaged because stars were getting preferential treatment I think it's pretty safe to assume who was the main beneficiary of that treatment. 

15 hours ago, #84 said:

Bro he told one of his good friends he was on the way out.  Yall act like he personally stabbed your mother.  I hope none of you guys run a business, cause if you take employees being malcontents or saying they are leaving, this personally I really don't know how you function.  

He's either gonna get the trade or play for us upset.  He won't sit out cause the money is too good.  There is no need to take it personal it's just business.  He wants a title and feels this team isn't headed that direction.  He has every right to be honest about that and ask to leave.  The idea of loyalty to an employer is silly it makes no sense.  If they can fire you at will you owe them nothing that's reality.  He doesn't owe the falcons or us anything.  He wants to leave fine, cool the team will shop you but it may not get good value.  So you may be stuck here.  It shouldn't be this personal or messy.  He's not a villian, he's doing business.

The team will survive Julio or no the idea that it should be some kind of grudge is confusing to me.  The Falcons are under new leadership some things were destined to change.  This is probably just a side effect of it.

By definition, fans are fanatical.  All the vitriol will turn to love and admiration when he is inducted to the HOF.

He is looking out for himself, as he should.  When he is traded, I will wish him well.

You're looking at Jones through 2016 eyes, not who he is now. On the day he's traded, for whatever it is, he brought it on himself. He's burned any chance they had of reconciling, and I hope in turn they burn him with a trade to the Jets or Jacksonville.

As for the specific compensation, Anything more than one 2nd round pick is a bonus. And frankly, I'd rather have a 2 and 3 than one 1st. 

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic