The Featured Julio Thread

44 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

They want a first rounder but teams know we must get rid of jj nobody is going to give a first, when alt would almost for sure take a 2nd and 3rd

You don't understand or have missed the feeds. We have a 1st round offer on the table already according to the vids in other threads.

JJ wants to be traded. No reason to get into a Watson scenario where he refuses to play. On average, even the best WRs retire out around 33-36 years old. Julio wants a ring, and it's likely his opinion he won't sniff a ring with a coaching change for at least 2-3 years and probably longer. He may want to retire at the end of his current contract, which was supposed to make him a Falcon for Life. We won't trade Julio until after 1 June to distribute the dead cap money over multiple years.

Julio is as good as gone, and he and the Falcons are effectively becoming disgruntled with each other. There's probably lots of other reasons. The salary cap isn't likely the primary reason, but it's a good silver lining.

15 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just curious but would you trade the number of wins and place on that list for a Superbowl?

Would you take 1 winning season in the last 18 years if that season came with a Superbowl?

Basically you’re asking if I rather be a Marlins or Braves fan. I don’t think I could stomach being a fan of a franchise that goes decades without even making the playoffs and most years finishing with a losing record. As much of a crap shoot as the playoffs are you gotta give yourself a chance at the prize by making the playoffs. By not even making the playoffs you give yourself no shot.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Thought OP was gonna say he don’t get why people keep creating new Julio threads...never mind.

Do you think we could trade Julio for a genetically reconstructed Bart Starr plus a time-traveling Earl Campbell?

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

That idea makes even less sense. You should stop listening to them

He's actually a pretty start fan. He predicted that the Falcons would save Dan Quinn's job when we started 1-7 in 2019. I guess the truth is we won't come close to getting a good deal for what a healthy Julio is worth.

37 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

This may be the biggest reason to trade JJ aside from the Cap situation. AS and TF need to win over the team and they don't want a (semi?)disgruntled player talking crap with other guys on the team. Especially since alot of the younger guys look up the JJ. They feel every word out of his mouth is gold.

Letting Antonio Brown go really shut him up right?  Why do you think that Julio will suddenly stop talking about the falcons when he get traded if he truly doesn't like the organization.  Most people talk more crap after a break up

2 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

😂 hurt fan base that adored Julio as an all-timer now says he’s overrated because he doesn’t want to be in Atlanta anymore. 

It hurt when he said he was outta here, Julio is a genuinely great player who’s consistently a player at his position. But I’m not gonna hold it against someone I’ve never met because that’s childish. RISE UP but Julio ain’t do **** to nobody.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

You don't understand or have missed the feeds. We have a 1st round offer on the table already according to the vids in other threads.

JJ wants to be traded. No reason to get into a Watson scenario where he refuses to play. On average, even the best WRs retire out around 33-36 years old. Julio wants a ring, and it's likely his opinion he won't sniff a ring with a coaching change for at least 2-3 years and probably longer. He may want to retire at the end of his current contract, which was supposed to make him a Falcon for Life. We won't trade Julio until after 1 June to distribute the dead cap money over multiple years.

Julio is as good as gone, and he and the Falcons are effectively becoming disgruntled with each other. There's probably lots of other reasons. The salary cap isn't likely the primary reason, but it's a good silver lining.

He refuses to play fine him.  Claw the cash back.  Or if your going to get a first round pic send him to the jets.... should get a low pick then.

I say make his life difficult from now on... bent over enough for him. Were done breast feeding the brat.  22mil a year.  Geeeez he does not make TD'S... he just racks up stats.

:shrug:

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He's actually a pretty start fan. He predicted that the Falcons would save Dan Quinn's job when we started 1-7 in 2019. I guess the truth is we won't come close to getting a good deal for what a healthy Julio is worth.

That trade idea is the exact opposite of smart. No one who knows anything about football would even propose such an idea

On 5/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This is hilarious.

4 days ago it was all 'There is NO way the Falcons are trading Julio! The Falcons want to win now and AS and TF would NEVER do that! The Falcons are such a better team with him than without him!'

And now it's 'He was injured all the time! He's a DIVA! The Falcons don't need him!'

This is what happens when you get too emotionally invested and ignore the writing on the wall.

Now there is all this anger in people's lives they have to process.

Pretty much explains why it’s the same 7 ppl who frequent these boards lol 

The worse the team who trades for Julio does, the higher our draft pick.

I love Julio and hope he does well, but I won't be wanting him to win a championship - I hope he will be the same as many years in Atlanta - a very good player on a losing team.

Each week I will be cheering for Atlanta and against Julio's new team.

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Kerney and Abraham were good. But Tony and Julio.... they were AMAZING!

Hopefully when Julio goes to the HOF people will remember how much of a monster he was on the field. He was unbelievable...  To be that size and move like he did.... it was a pleasure to watch him play. Same with Tony Gonzalez and it will be the same with Ryan when his time is up.

I think Abraham is the best defensive player we've had in the 2000s. At the time, I was salty about our trading a first round pick AND giving him a new contract. He made me look like an idiot in like five minutes. That dude was un-blockable.

Cheeer for him.if we end up with a first than cheer for us as well.im sure he will do good for some team and ill cheer for him.its a buisness.no hard feelings.love juilo but love the falcons more.its time.

Wow, seriously? I have absolutely zero desire to see him get a championship once he leaves this team. He basically had ATL fans lay down and pisssed in their mouth on live tv. This franchise has paid him a fortune. Not like we treated him poorly or refuse to pay him. 

Cheer the guy that said basically this place sucks I want to win?!?! F-outta here 

F-HIM!

All I’ll care about is cheering against his team because that helps the Falcons newly acquired draft pick(s), and rooting for the Falcons. I’m married to my teams rather than any specific player, and being that his new team losing helps my team, then that’s why I’ll be rooting against his new team.

I’m a Falcons fan. I haven’t even considered drafting Julio on any of my fantasy teams for 3 years, so I won’t be following his career any  further. I’m not mad but since he doesn’t want to be here then he needs to be somewhere else.  Bye

11 minutes ago, jidady said:

I think Abraham is the best defensive player we've had in the 2000s. At the time, I was salty about our trading a first round pick AND giving him a new contract. He made me look like an idiot in like five minutes. That dude was un-blockable.

You talking about that Panther game?

Yeah that was something else. 

Overall Abraham had a better body of work but Rod Coleman's 2004 season was something special. He was so bad *** that year he made Brady Smith a playmaker.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic