The Featured Julio Thread

2 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

I don’t know why he hates alt so much , they have been great to jj redid his deal when he time left on his contract and made him top paid receiver, loved by fans , with pitts they can win this year

From a fan's perspective this may be the case. But we never know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe there's been some bad blood. But I agree, it certainly seems like the Falcons have done whatever they could to keep JJ happy. I don't know where this desire to leave is coming from. I feel optimistic about this upcoming season and I would think most of the team would be too. 

Just now, Norwood all the way! said:

From a fan's perspective this may be the case. But we never know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe there's been some bad blood. But I agree, it certainly seems like the Falcons have done whatever they could to keep JJ happy. I don't know where this desire to leave is coming from. I feel optimistic about this upcoming season and I would think most of the team would be too. 

I agree

28 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

I just can’t see why we would trade jj. For 2nd and 3rd round picks is what I hear. Even a first isn’t worth it.  So many draft picks never pan out, why wouldn’t you keep the guy and win now?  Salary cap, got to be a way to manipulate that, saints did it for what seems like 20 years.  Unless we get defensive help and significant defense help , no way trade jj.  Say we trade for a 1st next year , highly unlikely from what is being said.  And the team that we traded with does well and that first rounder is in the 20’s or 2nd and a 2 3rd’s wow terrible move to trade for that. I can’t see trading for picks . Another good player yeah ok

My gosh man, have you not even paid attention for the last two weeks?

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Teams have tried to keep disgruntled players and force them to play out their contracts and it never works. The best move for the Falcons is to trade Julio and start fresh. Keeping Julio knowing that he’s unhappy and wants out is a good way to screw up locker room chemistry, especially under a new front office and coaching staff that is trying to win over the locker room and get them to buy in.

Yep. Falcons actually are worse cap wise with the trade. TF and AS have said they want to avoid using future cap for this year. Julio trade with 15.5 M dead card is worse than restructuring Grady or adding extra year to others for signing rookie class.

I can see why they making the move with 23 M dead cap. Move on and win games.

When it gets to the point where one side no longer wants to be with you, what are you gonna do? Beg them stay? Force them to be with you? If we were talking about someone's wife no longer wanting to be with them, we'd be encouraging that person to be strong, don't look backwards and move on.  But since we're talking JJ, now everybody wants to hold on. Why? I'm sick of the drama. Get your picks and move on. JJ's been great for this franchise, but if he wants out, I'm not one for begging.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

If this true I'm not sure what Terry is waiting on. But remember how wrong Russini was about the Jags coach being fired two years ago.

Well we logically shouldn’t trade him until after June 1st.

13 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

To back up your point, last time I looked (prior to 2020 season) the Falcons had the 11th most regular season wins since 2002 and we’re ahead of some noteable franchises such as the Broncos, Eagles and Cowboys.

Just curious but would you trade the number of wins and place on that list for a Superbowl?

Would you take 1 winning season in the last 18 years if that season came with a Superbowl?

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Yep. Rodgers has a foot out the door to Denver, why would we want to help bring him back to the Packers?

Because it may not bring him back to Green Bay. So, we'd be getting a first-round pick from a team with no clear-cut QB1. That's the path to the top 10 right there.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Because it may not bring him back to Green Bay. So, we'd be getting a first-round pick from a team with no clear-cut QB1. That's the path to the top 10 right there.

I don’t think Green Bay would trade for Julio unless they know it will get Rodgers to stay. 

1 hour ago, #84 said:

Bro he told one of his good friends he was on the way out.  Yall act like he personally stabbed your mother.  I hope none of you guys run a business, cause if you take employees being malcontents or saying they are leaving, this personally I really don't know how you function.  

He's either gonna get the trade or play for us upset.  He won't sit out cause the money is too good.  There is no need to take it personal it's just business.  He wants a title and feels this team isn't headed that direction.  He has every right to be honest about that and ask to leave.  The idea of loyalty to an employer is silly it makes no sense.  If they can fire you at will you owe them nothing that's reality.  He doesn't owe the falcons or us anything.  He wants to leave fine, cool the team will shop you but it may not get good value.  So you may be stuck here.  It shouldn't be this personal or messy.  He's not a villian, he's doing business.

The team will survive Julio or no the idea that it should be some kind of grudge is confusing to me.  The Falcons are under new leadership some things were destined to change.  This is probably just a side effect of it.

Whatever...BRO.

Btw I semi retired at 45 after owning 4 businesses and making a dozen people rich lol.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

😂 hurt fan base that adored Julio as an all-timer now says he’s overrated because he doesn’t want to be in Atlanta anymore. 

It hurt when he said he was outta here, Julio is a genuinely great player who’s consistently a player at his position. But I’m not gonna hold it against someone I’ve never met because that’s childish. RISE UP but Julio ain’t do **** to nobody.

They do it all the time when a player leaves for another team.

Patrick Kerney wasn't that good. John Abraham wasn't that good. Tony Gonzalez wasn't that good. And now Julio wasn't that good.

I was lucky to have lived in Atlanta and had season tickets while all those guys played.

Kerney and Abraham were good. But Tony and Julio.... they were AMAZING!

Hopefully when Julio goes to the HOF people will remember how much of a monster he was on the field. He was unbelievable...  To be that size and move like he did.... it was a pleasure to watch him play. Same with Tony Gonzalez and it will be the same with Ryan when his time is up.

41 minutes ago, Macintez said:

They can keep buttering him up. Help us get more draft picks.

It's why people who keep bringing TDs up are so clueless. Dude is basically double covered every single snap. The rare games he is single covered he usually has some type of insane performance.

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t think Green Bay would trade for Julio unless they know it will get Rodgers to stay. 

You're probably right, but they're beyond desperate.

The most accurate statement I've seen about the situation is that Aaron Rodgers won't even call his mother due to a stubborn feud. Somehow, the Packers think they can talk him into doing something he doesn't want to do. He's done there. If we can work a deal with them while they still think there's hope, we're golden.

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

If the Packers traded for Julio and then let Rogers walk..... Then that would be a disaster for them imo from a football PR standpoint.

14 minutes ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

When it gets to the point where one side no longer wants to be with you, what are you gonna do? Beg them stay? Force them to be with you? If we were talking about someone's wife no longer wanting to be with them, we'd be encouraging that person to be strong, don't look backwards and move on.  But since we're talking JJ, now everybody wants to hold on. Why? I'm sick of the drama. Get your picks and move on. JJ's been great for this franchise, but if he wants out, I'm not one for begging.

Yeah but sometimes its better to stay married cause the beeetch make off with too much of your money.  Make him sit it out.  Use up another year of his career.  If he refuses fine him.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic