The Featured Julio Thread

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

The trade is for cap clearance.  A draft pick really is icing on the cake.  The man doesn't want to be here.  We don't need gloom hanging over a new regime.  Let Julio walk and be happy.  It helps both parties.

I doubt if it is for cap reasons. There are many options for cap.The moment Julio requested the trade, it’s different ball game. 

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

These teams don't have to trade for Julio as much as the Falcons have to unload him.

But the Falcons don't have to unload him.

They could use the cap savings but there are multiple ways of getting savings....even AS has alluded to that.

They could easily say that they did not get a deal that they liked and that they are not trading him.

It would be his choice to be a man and deal with it or not.

He may not necessarily like it but if the Falcons win then he will get over it.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons have first round pick offer. Julio requested the trade, all bets are off and Falcons should move on for right value.  For all the clowning of AB for not wanting anything less than 1st round. We should thank AB for sticking to the guns. 

They want a first rounder but teams know we must get rid of jj nobody is going to give a first, when alt would almost for sure take a 2nd and 3rd

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm painting the positive.  Time to let him go.  Take what we can and move along.  

I feel better that AS and TF didn’t screw it up trading Julio for rookie class. Julio wants to move on, let him move on and falcons get on with their plans. Don’t need distractions.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I doubt if it is for cap reasons. There are many options for cap.The moment Julio requested the trade, it’s different ball game. 

Ok that kinda makes sense, but he is a pro and will do his job regardless

Just now, anygivensunday11 said:

They want a first rounder but teams know we must get rid of jj nobody is going to give a first, when alt would almost for sure take a 2nd and 3rd

Falcons reportedly have a first round offer. Chances are there might be bidding in next few days. QBs are starting to call Julio for recruiting him. All it takes is one of these guys to push the FO in to bidding more.

2 hours ago, jidady said:

We should. That's his value. He's gonna play for three or four more years now because of this. We should get commensurate value for one of the greatest WRs ever.

For all the talk about Julio's age, his PFF grade last year was 86.3. This was their tweet from before last season:

People talking down his value don't appreciate what a dominant player he has been at the WR position. It's historically unprecedented by PFF's grading.

They can keep buttering him up. Help us get more draft picks.

Just now, falcons007 said:

I feel better that AS and TF didn’t screw it ip trading Julio for rookie class. Julio wants to move on, let him move on and falcons get on with their plans. Don’t need distractions.

Do we know for sure that is what jj wants? We got one quote to sharpe when he didn’t think he was on air , players talk shish all the time to friends

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons reportedly have a first round offer. Chances are there might be bidding in next few days. QBs are starting to call Julio for recruiting him. All it takes is one of these guys to push the FO in to bidding more.

Reportedly 

1 minute ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Ok that kinda makes sense, but he is a pro and will do his job regardless

Yep cap was an excuse to quietly trade Julio with out controversy. It did come out with Uncle Sharpe live call crap.

3 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Do we know for sure that is what jj wants? We got one quote to sharpe when he didn’t think he was on air , players talk shish all the time to friends

It’s done man. Move on. Falcons are better team with Julio but no point in keeping Julio when he wants out.

Falcons media acknowledged. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/report-falcons-have-first-round-draft-pick-offer-for-julio-jones

8 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

They may not want to give up a first but it sounds safe to say multiple teams want him so that's going to drive the price up anyways

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

But the Falcons don't have to unload him.

They could use the cap savings but there are multiple ways of getting savings....even AS has alluded to that.

They could easily say that they did not get a deal that they liked and that they are not trading him.

It would be his choice to be a man and deal with it or not.

He may not necessarily like it but if the Falcons win then he will get over it.

I don't trust the guy to not be an issue, he's coming off like a fake *** this whole time.

18 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

I just can’t see why we would trade jj. For 2nd and 3rd round picks is what I hear. Even a first isn’t worth it.  So many draft picks never pan out, why wouldn’t you keep the guy and win now?  Salary cap, got to be a way to manipulate that, saints did it for what seems like 20 years.  Unless we get defensive help and significant defense help , no way trade jj.  Say we trade for a 1st next year , highly unlikely from what is being said.  And the team that we traded with does well and that first rounder is in the 20’s or 2nd and a 2 3rd’s wow terrible move to trade for that. I can’t see trading for picks . Another good player yeah ok

Teams have tried to keep disgruntled players and force them to play out their contracts and it never works. The best move for the Falcons is to trade Julio and start fresh. Keeping Julio knowing that he’s unhappy and wants out is a good way to screw up locker room chemistry, especially under a new front office and coaching staff that is trying to win over the locker room and get them to buy in.

23 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

I just can’t see why we would trade jj. For 2nd and 3rd round picks is what I hear. Even a first isn’t worth it.  So many draft picks never pan out, why wouldn’t you keep the guy and win now?  Salary cap, got to be a way to manipulate that, saints did it for what seems like 20 years.  Unless we get defensive help and significant defense help , no way trade jj.  Say we trade for a 1st next year , highly unlikely from what is being said.  And the team that we traded with does well and that first rounder is in the 20’s or 2nd and a 2 3rd’s wow terrible move to trade for that. I can’t see trading for picks . Another good player yeah ok

He… doesn’t… want…. to….. be…. here. 

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Teams have tried to keep disgruntled players and force them to play out their contracts and it never works. The best move for the Falcons is to trade Julio and start fresh. Keeping Julio knowing that he’s unhappy and wants out is a good way to screw up locker room chemistry, especially under a new front office and coaching staff that is trying to win over the locker room and get them to buy in.

This may be the biggest reason to trade JJ aside from the Cap situation. AS and TF need to win over the team and they don't want a (semi?)disgruntled player talking crap with other guys on the team. Especially since alot of the younger guys look up the JJ. They feel every word out of his mouth is gold.

Just now, Norwood all the way! said:

This may be the biggest reason to trade JJ aside from the Cap situation. AS and TF need to win over the team and they don't want a (semi?)disgruntled player talking crap with other guys on the team. Especially since alot of the younger guys look up the JJ. They feel every word out of his mouth is gold.

What’s to complain about, I guess jj comes out and says hey I just want to move on. Then ok right now it’s all speculation imho

38 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

No guilt tripping, I pretty much said go be a fan of another team if you think this one sucks so bad. The fact is, I’ve been a fan since 1980 and there were very few moments of excitement before Arthur Blank took over. We’ve had some lean years the last couple, but this franchise has been worlds better in the 2000’s than it’s previous history since it’s inception. And since Matt Ryan became qb we have had legitimate teams. So while we are not the Patriots, we also haven’t been Cincinnati either. So take that “poverty franchise” and pawn it off on someone else... 

To back up your point, last time I looked (prior to 2020 season) the Falcons had the 11th most regular season wins since 2002 and we’re ahead of some noteable franchises such as the Broncos, Eagles and Cowboys.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic