The Featured Julio Thread

You can break it down pretty easy. The only teams that are going to trade for Julio are those that are both playoff caliber AND have the money (or can create it) to do so. You can also cross out any divisional opponents and per this report, the 49ers, Pats, and Vikings. It's a small list - in no particular order:

1. Colts

2. Cardinals

3. Ravens

27 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That's the sad part. If you had Julio, he makes Ridley and Pitts that much more deadly. Pitts kills any chance of double teaming Julio. It would be better to see them together.

Pitts is also the reason Julio (and Hurst) are  now considered expendable. If we had drafted a QB for example Hursts 5th year option would have been 100% been taken and imho the decision on Julio wouldn’t be nearly as clear cut (I.e they would have explored the option of keeping him through restructure more thoroughly)

1 minute ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Getting the Raiders 1st rounder would be nice.. not hard to imagine their season going haywire 

Yep, they could easily be the first or second worst team in their division if things don't work out for them.

The have to deal with the Chiefs, a young Chargers team that was still very competitive last season, and a Broncos team that varies on how good they will be at the QB position.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Amazon.com: Are You Drunk? - NEW Funny Poster: Posters & Prints

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Take his posting privileges away for a month for this😂

I've heard Falcons fans like Jutalksports say that say we should try to get Khali Mack for Julio. I'm just your average fan I don't know what Julio's value truly is. I definitely want a player that's ready to go in 2021 as a part of the deal though.

5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm thinking Raiders.

Gruden may be on the hotseat and needs firepower to go up against Chiefs despite being able play them pretty tough.

Also they have to go big cause they're in Vegas now.

The raiders having funds problems also..... Julio would give them that excitement to fill the stadium

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

If there's a 2022 first on the table now, the only way they lose here is if that team pulls the offer because they're tired of the Falcons shopping it to try to get more.

I don't get the feeling Terry Fontenot is the type of guy to play games with people, so if this report is true, this is truly good news.

Well, the good thing is, no one can make a deal for several days anyway. That takes some of the pressure off.

2 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

You can break it down pretty easy. The only teams that are going to trade for Julio are those that are both playoff caliber AND have the money (or can create it) to do so. You can also cross out any divisional opponents and per this report, the 49ers, Pats, and Vikings. It's a small list - in no particular order:

1. Colts

2. Cardinals

3. Ravens

Man, the thought of him joining DeAndre Hopkins and AJ Green in Arizona... ☹️

1 hour ago, ryanvalz said:

He has got gas alright.  Just see if a team wants to deal with him and his agent year to year like the falcons had too.  Julio refused to do OTA's or traning camps and he just thinks he needs to show up on Sunday and its all good. 

I bet at least a couple teams are willing to put up with that stuff. I’m glad our current staff seems like they would not. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

You could certainly take a couple different things from the way she phrased that.

It does seem like the Falcons pure a high value on him...as they should.

When she mentioned that one of the teams do not have a first my first thought is the 49ers.

And if it is the 49ers and we do decide to trade Julio to them we better take that chump Shannahan to the woodshed in terms of compensation.

She said NE, Baltimore, 49ers, and Titans are interested but the sense she is getting the price is too high, which means it's none of these teams.

Cleveland, Cinci, Chargers, Buffalo, Miami, Denver or Indi maybe? It would be very unlike Cinci (they've only had like 2 draft pick trades in the last 13 years), and Miami don't have the cap unless they give up a starter, which we would then have the cap room for. 

I really don't think we'll send him off to an NFC team unless it's Washington. They usually always do something astronomically crazy and haven't in a while. And JJ was Rivera's nemesis. If anyone, he knows what a difference Julio could make.

I'm leaning toward the NFC East if it's an NFC team, which I doubt. JJ could single-handedly win that division.

Also I would say the same for any teams in the AFC East or North, excluding the Bengals and probably Jets. Julio could tip the scales for the Bills, Steelers or Browns.

4 minutes ago, V-Town Falcon said:

Man, the thought of him joining DeAndre Hopkins and AJ Green in Arizona... ☹️

I’d cross any NFC team off the list. I’d bet money they’ll send him someplace where we’re unlikely to see him anytime soon, and where he can’t hinder our ability to make the playoffs. 

47 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That's the sad part. If you had Julio, he makes Ridley and Pitts that much more deadly. Pitts kills any chance of double teaming Julio. It would be better to see them together.

No doubt, they would form one of the greatest receiving corps of all time. I still don't think Julio is 100% gone but we should definitely be expecting it at this point. Either way our offense should still pack a punch 

16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I've heard Falcons fans like Jutalksports say that say we should try to get Khali Mack for Julio. I'm just your average fan I don't know what Julio's value truly is. I definitely want a player that's ready to go in 2021 as a part of the deal though.

It’s all jokes man. All jokes. But seriously I don’t think ATL would get a player. Just a draft pick

17 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

That idea makes even less sense. You should stop listening to them

18 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Falcons don’t want a player, they want first round pick in 2022.

15 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

They'll be here until he's gone. As always, don't pay em any attention. Wish Ju the best, but I'm excited to see a Ridley-Pitts 1-2 punch

Same, I wish Julio the best, but I felt like the Falcons were better when we weren’t trying to force feed it to Julio...  ya know, balance and all that Jazz. 

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic