The Featured Julio Thread

36 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So she thinks that the reason that Julio asked for a trade is because the Falcons were open about being interested/willing to trade him?

That is interesting.

How could that be true? I thought Julio said he has wanted out years ago? 

33 minutes ago, pren226 said:

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1397972931083395079?s=20

Don't know how to make it show the tweet if someone can help

Interesting. Glad to hear this. When I saw the initial report of “a future first rounder” on the table, the wording made me immediately suspect that it was 2023 and not next year’s draft

22 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I think Julio has some gas in the tank. Last year should not be an indicator of his future performance. 

He has got gas alright.  Just see if a team wants to deal with him and his agent year to year like the falcons had too.  Julio refused to do OTA's or traning camps and he just thinks he needs to show up on Sunday and its all good. 

Hey Falcons:  either get what you want for him, or let him pout all year on the sofa.  The call is his.

I think it'd actually be funny to see him screw himself out of a season at his ripe old age. 

Yup.  He's totally crapped away any of my sympathy.

4 hours ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Idk... to sell tickets.  Why would we want to trade him to a team who won’t give us fair compensation?  A late first rounder is not enough to eat that dead cap money IMO.  

Its dead cap more or less if he doesn't play too. Get what you can and get him off the roster.

20 minutes ago, high impact said:

How could that be true? I thought Julio said he has wanted out years ago? 

Julio never said that.

There are reports that there was strain on the relationship but there are no reports they're saying that he wanted to be traded before this.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Many reasons we could do this.  1) Wait until mid season when teams may be more willing to make a deal before the trade deadline, whether they realize they are contenders or if they have someone go down.  2) Wait until free agency next year when people are building their team, before they spend the cap and there is a higher cap.  3) Less dead money for us if we do this a year from now. 

The cap space used doesn't magically go away if he doesn't play though, it is already allocated. I can understand the mid season premise, but if it dragged into next year your would be talking about a 33 year old receiver that hasn't played a down in almost 2 years(this is assuming he just wont play for us).

All the while...destroying the locker room. Hard pass.

2 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Its dead cap more or less if he doesn't play too. Get what you can and get him off the roster.

The cap savings are what matters, not the dead cap. Essentially, are we better with $15m + draft pick or with Julio? If you can sign the draft class, pick up Houston and Casey, and nail the first rounder (e.g., new WR, QB of the future), then you’re better off trading him.

3 minutes ago, belmont4213 said:

The cap savings are what matters, not the dead cap. Essentially, are we better with $15m + draft pick or with Julio? If you can sign the draft class, pick up Houston and Casey, and nail the first rounder (e.g., new WR, QB of the future), then you’re better off trading him.

Of course you are, that is why he need to go. I think we are saying the same thing.

2 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

The cap space used doesn't magically go away if he doesn't play though, it is already allocated. I can understand the mid season premise, but if it dragged into next year your would be talking about a 33 year old receiver that hasn't played a down in almost 2 years(this is assuming he just wont play for us).

All the while...destroying the locker room. Hard pass.

I know it doesn’t, there are other ways to free up that cap, we wouldn’t lose that much in the long run the way the dead money would play out, and if it is for a better pick, I’d be all for it.  If he sat out he likely wouldn’t even report, therefor wouldn’t be in locker room to ruin it.  I don’t think it will happen that way, but I would rather do that than settle for a late second or a third.

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I REALLY hope he's traded to Detroit. They have a 1st rounder to spare and even though he'd be in the NFC, I can't see them contending anytime soon.

Again, why would Detroit want Julio Jones? Why would any team that does not believe they are a WR away, trade us a 1st round pick when they are rebuilding.

This is madness.

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

I know it doesn’t, there are other ways to free up that cap, we wouldn’t lose that much in the long run the way the dead money would play out, and if it is for a better pick, I’d be all for it.  If he sat out he likely wouldn’t even report, therefor wouldn’t be in locker room to ruin it.  I don’t think it will happen that way, but I would rather do that than settle for a late second or a third.

I get that the compensation is not ideal, and hopefully we get that 1st round pick and this never comes to be. However, even if he doesn't report, you know he has friends in that locker room and can't see any positive if it gets to that level.

Here's how I hope the situation plays out.

The first on the table is from a team that has not been very good.

And they go to him and say "here is the deal, we will trade you but it is not to a winner....you are will either be a Falcon or you will be a Jet/Jaguar/Lion etc.

Who do you want to help turn around? us or them"

15 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

They'll be here until he's gone. As always, don't pay em any attention. Wish Ju the best, but I'm excited to see a Ridley-Pitts 1-2 punch

That's the sad part. If you had Julio, he makes Ridley and Pitts that much more deadly. Pitts kills any chance of double teaming Julio. It would be better to see them together.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

You could certainly take a couple different things from the way she phrased that.

It does seem like the Falcons pure a high value on him...as they should.

When she mentioned that one of the teams do not have a first my first thought is the 49ers.

And if it is the 49ers and we do decide to trade Julio to them we better take that chump Shannahan to the woodshed in terms of compensation.

Julio for nick bosa straight up

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I wonder if we're asking for a 1st round 2022 plus more?

We should. That's his value. He's gonna play for three or four more years now because of this. We should get commensurate value for one of the greatest WRs ever.

For all the talk about Julio's age, his PFF grade last year was 86.3. This was their tweet from before last season:

People talking down his value don't appreciate what a dominant player he has been at the WR position. It's historically unprecedented by PFF's grading.

17 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Again, why would Detroit want Julio Jones? Why would any team that does not believe they are a WR away, trade us a 1st round pick when they are rebuilding.

This is madness.

There are a few arguments to be made here. From the top of my mind, I'd think that Detroit could use a PR/Ticket sales boost. 

9 hours ago, Rings said:

Why?  Neither of us see the others as a threat by any means.  Two my exes and I left on good terms.  One we wanted different things, one I moved back home, both mutual break ups.  I’m married, both of them are with families, both good people.  Don’t ever hang out or get together, just catch up every few years through text or Facebook.  Think it’s a respectful thing to do with someone who I cared about for a long time.

Well the only serious relationship I’ve ever been in that ended badly was ended badly on her part where it turned out she was just using me like a dirty sock. Everything was based on a lie on top of another lie on top of another lie. I was doing everything I could to make it work. If she said jump I said how high. She ruined my life. I had the best job of my life when I met that succabus and ended up losing it and have never come close to having a decent job since. I don’t wish ill will on her but I don’t have anything to do with her anymore. Most of the relationships from people I know have ended on bad terms. So, from my personal experience it’s weird. But it’s great that you’re able to have that kind of relationship with your ex’s.

29 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

This is madness.

I'm thinking Raiders.

Gruden may be on the hotseat and needs firepower to go up against Chiefs despite being able play them pretty tough.

Also they have to go big cause they're in Vegas now.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm thinking Raiders.

Gruden may be on the hotseat and needs firepower to go up against Chiefs despite being able play them pretty tough.

Also they have to go big cause they're in Vegas now.

Getting the Raiders 1st rounder would be nice.. not hard to imagine their season going haywire 

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic