The Featured Julio Thread

36 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Oh, I'd trade him for the right price.  If he's truly mad, I don't want him in the locker room.

Not that I'd trade him for a bag of chips -- there's a point where I would make him play.  But that's not option 1 for me if I'm Fontenot and Smith.  He wants out.  If that's the case, I want him out.

I have never dealt with someone that hated being where they don't want to be and salvaged that belief.  The water is tainted and it won't get fixed.  That attitude will leak into the locker room.  At this point, however it occured, that stunt EMBARRASSED a team that is paying a human 20 million dollars a year to play a game we all played for free.  

It's too late in my book to salvage that.  Perhaps I'm just a jaded  COMPLETE aszhole, but in my 5 decades on this planet, I've never seen this kind of situation completely healed.  It permeates and poisons everything around it.

Just now, BLM said:

And do teams hold up their side of the contract when they cut players left and right?  It's only fair.

An employee has a right to quit their job.  As much as a company may want said employee to stay, when he/she decides it's time to move on, they can quit.  So hey, Julio can quit the NFL if he so chooses to.  Again, you're being extremely dramatic with the hostage analogy.  But if that's what it takes, then yes, hold 11 hostage.  He held ATL hostage when he held out of camp several times now

I don't want to lose Julio.  My favorite player on the Falcons.  This is all sad news.

That being said, the Sanu situation was a LOT different.  He was only owed $3.8m that next season, which is great for a #2 WR.  The Pats gave a second because they were getting a #2 WR with a below market contract value.  Julio's cap hit this season is $23m in the year following Covid impacting revenues and tight cap numbers for the majority of teams.  Julio's contract is actually pretty favorable over the next couple of seasons for what he brings, but it just sucks this year due to how it's structured. 

I don't want less than a 1st for him either, but we really don't have any leverage when we want somebody to pick up his $23m cap hit after he had a down year and the cap didn't increase as much as projected a few years back.  There are not enough teams with tons of cap room creating a market where we can dictate a 1st.  Him coming out and saying what he did is not going to help us move him either.

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I have never dealt with someone that hated being where they don't want to be and salvaged that belief.  The water is tainted and it won't get fixed.  That attitude will leak into the locker room.  At this point, however it occured, that stunt EMBARRASSED a team that is paying a human 20 million dollars a year to play a game we all played for free.  

It's too late in my book to salvage that.  Perhaps I'm just a jaded aszhole, but in my 5 decades on this planet, I've never seen this kind of situation completely healed.  It permeates and poisons everything around it.

Don't be hard on yourself....you are not jaded.

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

And do teams hold up their side of the contract when they cut players left and right?  It's only fair.

JJ got what he wanted from Atlanta. If he wants to win with another team that's fine. The problem is the phone call and the so called animosity he has with Atlanta. There is a right and wrong way to do things. Tf appears to be honoring JJ request for a trade. It's a bad look for JJ.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

And again.. market for Julio at minimum, should include a 1...  and if it doesnt' happen, we keep him.  To **** with his "feelings"

Market is not a 1.  Maybe at week 6 some team that thinks they are close (or if they had a huge injury to WR) will pay  a 1 but fair value is 2.  He's old, has a large contract, and is injury prone.

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, high impact said:

Why keep Julio? He does not want to be here!! I would not want a player around my team if they would rather be playing somewhere else. It could be bad for the team. 

some posters like to hold players hostage like trent williams. 

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

It's too late in my book to salvage that.  Perhaps I'm just a jaded aszhole, but in my 5 decades on this planet, I've never seen this kind of situation completely healed.  It permeates and poisons everything around it.

What happened gave validation to some of the comments that were actually passive shots at MR2. Not sure you can fix it but I hope the Falcons hold onto all their leverage as long as possible.

1 minute ago, high impact said:

Why keep Julio? He does not want to be here!! I would not want a player around my team if they would rather be playing somewhere else. It could be bad for the team. 

Reason #1 = We get hit with a $40m+ dead cap number if we cut him.  

Reason #2 = We have to keep him until we find a trade partner.

15 minutes ago, BLM said:

So you advocate holding players hostage now like Washington did with Trent Williams?

Holding a player hostage who has 2 years left on the contract that HE signed. Falcons are on the hook for that guaranteed money. Maybe he wants to buy back his contract. Please man spare me the sympathy for multimillionaires.

Posted (edited)

Tell the NFL to give us the highest 3rd round comp pick for this utter sh*tshow caused by FOX which is an NFL partner. Say his value diminished after this.

Then get at least a 2nd from a team for Julio.

Then essentially you got a 2nd and a 3rd at minimum. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

25 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

This is in alignment with my opinion that Julio's agent is trying to force a trade with the phone call stunt but played ignorant when the NFL got involved...:lol: Julio doesn't care what the the Falcons get, he just wants out of there...

I want him out as well...so I stand with Julio. 

5 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Holding a player hostage who has 2 years left on the contract that HE signed. Falcons are on the hook for that guaranteed money. Maybe he wants to buy back his contract. Please man spare me the sympathy for multimillionaires.

Where are you defending players when teams cut a guy 2 years into their 5 year contract?

16 minutes ago, BLM said:

If there is a clause in the contract that allows the player to be cut, then yes. If you don't produce at your job or become unhappy at your job, your employer would let you go. They would also request you to pay back some of that money too.

19 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

If anybody thinks it's good that AB is getting in the middle of how this team is run, yikes. If TF says yes we'll take a 2nd rounder and AB is overruling him, that is NOT good. What else is he going to overrule? Maybe Florio is garbo, but if there's any truth to this, I can't see that as being a good thing in terms of how things are going to work.

Get outta here and go sell some 2x4's AB, you know about as much about football as my nephew knows about keeping a job.

Do you guys ever learn? Especially with Florio involved?? Before the draft, Florio REPEATEDLY said "Arthur Blank wants a new QB, therefor the Falcons will 100% take a new QB. He makes the decisions". Then as soon as Peter King said it was unlikely on the week of the draft, he changed his tune slightly until we obviously saw there was no QB selected.

Point being, Florio makes assumptions that Arthur Blank is the same as Jerry Jones. This is clearly false, and even if it was true I doubt its solely AB's feelings. I bet TF and Smith also don't want to get peanuts for a HOF WR either, and be a laughing stock of the league like the Texans become since unloading DHop. 

This is clearly a non-story made up by "opinions" of a click-baiter in Florio. 

Just now, Williamb said:

If there is a clause in the contract that allows the player to be cut, then yes. If you don't produce at your job or become unhappy at your job, your employer would let you go. They would also request you to pay back some of that money too.

Regular 9-5s and professional athletes are two completely different ball games.

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I have no problem AB stepping in if the value isn't there in the trade. Its up to Julio and his agent to get a trade partner for what Falcons want. 

I have no problem with him stepping in to insist we get proper value for the pick.  I have a huge problem with him stepping in to save face because he went to the press with "Falcon for life" and renegotiated Julio's contract and then managed to fleece the Patriots for a 2nd for Sanu.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

We will get a second.  More than likely a lower round thrown in to sweeten.  I also think the Falcons could explore tampering against Julio's folks.  Could net us an extra comp pick.

I think best case it's a 2nd in 2022 and a 3rd in 2023, strictly pick wise. I'd love to get a solid Defensive contributor back if only a 2nd. I'd settle for a 2nd and 4th this year but that may even be too much to ask for at this juncture. Hopefully we can swindle a 1st out of KC, BAL, or NE.

Edited by Foo Falcons

1 minute ago, BLM said:

Where are you defending players when teams cut a guy 2 years into their 5 year contract?

I'm not defending players at all! You sign a contract, you live up to it. Plain and simple. I can't help if their agents(advisors) are slippery snakes who are only there to pad their pockets.

23 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

An employee has a right to quit their job.  As much as a company may want said employee to stay, when he/she decides it's time to move on, they can quit.  So hey, Julio can quit the NFL if he so chooses to.  Again, you're being extremely dramatic with the hostage analogy.  But if that's what it takes, then yes, hold 11 hostage.  He held ATL hostage when he held out of camp several times now

facts

12 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Tell the NFL to give us the highest 3rd round comp pick for this utter sh*tshow caused by FOX which is an NFL partner. Say his value diminished after this.

Then get at least a 2nd from a team for Julio.

Then essentially you got a 2nd and a 3rd at minimum. 

Realistic.  The NFL will want to send a message that the inmates DONT run the asylum.  

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic