The Featured Julio Thread

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Julio has a lot of wear and tear as well. 

Aholio is a major injury just waiting to happen.  Probably about 5 min after he signs his next big contract with guaranteed money.

The he can sit the bench and not even suit up... I have no sympathy left.

:flame:

44 minutes ago, SexualChocolate said:

The Lions have 2 firsts and some cap. Send him to Detroit.

3 minutes ago, ryanvalz said:

This does make sense.  If you think about it, Detroit called Atlanta on draft night to move up to 4. The only reason to move up to 4 is to get Kyle Pitts.  Lions have 2 firsts now, and are still looking for a weapon for the offense.  Julio Jones for a first..... Lets do it Detroit

He can do all the winning he wants in Detroit as well!

4 minutes ago, ryanvalz said:

This does make sense.  If you think about it, Detriot called Atlanta on draft night to move up to 4. The only reason to move up to 4 is to get Kyle Pitts.  Lions have 2 firsts now, and are still looking for a weapon for the offense.  Julio Jones for a first..... Lets do it Detroit

Don’t we play Detroit this year? If that happens past history will dictate JJ will have 3 or 4 TDs against us and we will get humiliated. I am hoping the new staff/FO will finally change the culture of this team.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Don’t we play Detroit this year? If that happens past history will dictate JJ will have 3 or 4 TDs against us and we will get humiliated. I am hoping the new staff/FO will finally change the culture of this team.

We play detroit at the end of the year, thats if Julio decides to last that long, he usually phases away by week 8.  I would love to go up against Jones.  

23 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

That's not how professional sports contracts work. Each contract contains 2 elements, one for each side to live up to. 

The GUARANTEED MONEY is the element the Team is obligated to, and no matter what happens (if a player is cut, traded, voided, whatever, except in case of breach if contract), a team will always have to pay the guaranteed money...

Conversly, the years and salary obligations are the elements the PLAYERS are obligated to...

That's how professional sports contracts are structured...the teams understand this (because they are essentially businesses); in general, players and fans do not...

That's the problem. If teams were a business they'd be violating antitrust laws because top players know they can go elsewhere and get better treatment.  But they can't cuz if collusion and unfair contracts.

You are suggesting that if you a sign a contract and they treat you poorly you have no recourse, and can't go find another employer.  And you think that's fair.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Malachore said:

Boo hoo they gotta play a game for millions of dollars. 

Blame capitalism if you think it's unfair they get millions to play a 'game' and your employer pays you peanuts for 'working'.  It's not their fault they were able to get the million dollar paying job.

Edited by BLM

I have heard that there are a few teams that have the cap space and strong desire for a star WR:  San Fran, Denver, Chargers, Titans and maybe the Ravens.  

I find it hard to believe that any of those franchises would be willing to part with a first rounder for Julio.  

Yes, Julio is a generational player, but he is on the back 9 of his career and to give up a 1st for him means that the team is absolutely convinced that they can win the SB by adding a star WR.  

I guess it could happen, but I am a bit doubtful.  Let's hope I am totally wrong, but let's not pound on TF for accepting a leaser deal.  TF was handed a big pile of issues with very difficult choices to make.  

2 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I think if anyone deserves the money, its Grady. He is the 2nd best DT in the league and is probably one of our only stars on D. You cant ship him off then complain about having a bad defense. Invest more in it, not less.

He’s not second best. Chris Jones has that by a big margin. Grady is good, but not Donald or Jones good.

We’ve had bad defense with Grady. 

3 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

What benefit to the Falcons get by calling his bluff exactly though, if it turned into something like that? How does Julio Jones not playing, assuming that is what he would do, help the morale or chemistry of a new regime and the locker room? 

Makes no sense to me at all. Get the best offer and get his silly passive aggressive diva *** out of town. 

Many reasons we could do this.  1) Wait until mid season when teams may be more willing to make a deal before the trade deadline, whether they realize they are contenders or if they have someone go down.  2) Wait until free agency next year when people are building their team, before they spend the cap and there is a higher cap.  3) Less dead money for us if we do this a year from now. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:06 AM, BLM said:

And do teams hold up their side of the contract when they cut players left and right?  It's only fair.

Then it’s only fair for us to ‘hold him hostage’.

I don’t see the relationship souring to that point regardless

23 minutes ago, BLM said:

Blame capitalism if you think it's unfair they get millions to play a 'game' and your employer pays you peanuts for 'working'.  It's not their fault they were able to get the million dollar paying job.

And it's not the teams fault they have to play out a contract that they and their agents agree to. 🥱

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Fixed it for you

thanks.... i have no idea why its not showing up like this when i post the link.

Sidenote: I have nooo idea who this mystery team is but it would be crazy if its Philly and we play them the first game

3 hours ago, cyberlian said:

Or, maybe Ryan soured on winning with Julio.

He’s often hurt with at least nagging injuries, doesn’t seem to be all in as a team player in recent years (i.e. always skipping OTAs, contract complaints), and has been just average at best in the redzone through his career. 😂

I’m almost glad a divorce is coming so each player has an opportunity to prove their real worth independent of each other.

I won't dispute any of that. My main point is that it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that Julio might feel that he can't win with Ryan or this team how it's currently constructed.

1.) He didn't win the big one here and the team has been on a downward slope since SB51.

2.) He alluded to it when he said he wanna win. That could also mean he just wants to go to any team that's a contender, and not a jab at the Falcons.

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

How would they get away with the lie? Wouldn't you be able to call up and ask what the offer is?

I'm not really sure and wasn't totally serious.  I wouldn't be surprised at all though if clubs sometimes do this to try raise the market for a player.  I feel like if they wanted to, a team could say that another team(without saying who the team is)offered more than they really did.  All of this said, I really hope they have been offered a 1st for Julio.  Preferably out of conference.  Chargers would be a nice trade partner if they wanted Julio cause he might be retired before we play them again.  I think I read that they are one of the teams that have the cap space.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So she thinks that the reason that Julio asked for a trade is because the Falcons were open about being interested/willing to trade him?

That is interesting.

She said she didn't know as I heard her.  But she said the speculation was going both directions.

The interesting thing to me is she's heard from non-Falcons sources there is a 1st round future pick on the table, and at the same time the teams we've heard about (Pats, Vikings, Niners) all say our price is too high.

I wonder if we're asking for a 1st round 2022 plus more?

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic