The Featured Julio Thread

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Derrick Henry is a great running back. He's had a couple of monster years with the Titans. That said he has nearly a 900 carries between the playoffs and the regular season the last two years. Also he's about to turn 27. At least Davis doesn't have the mileage but this team needs to find their own workhorse.

The fact that Derek Henry has the mileage on him makes it more likely imo. He probably has a couple of good years left just like Julio 

41 minutes ago, hjerry said:

As others have said, a 1st and a young defensive player would be great. You could also hope for the OBJ deal, a 1st and a day 2 pick.

Even with his age and injury history, maybe I'm being a homer, but I still think that he's worth that much.

Problem is he is coming off the worst season of his career by a huge margin. This is the lowest his value has been. Ever. If TD knew he was disgruntled he should have been shopping him LAST year when we could have gotten a king's ransom for him. 

The way I read that and admittedly this could be projecting, but I'm thinking if it's a first round pick, then it's most likely a 2023 1st rounder instead of a 2022.

That's not to say other compensation wouldn't come with it like a 2022 5th rounder or something of that nature. But for first round I'm think 2 years from now.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I get that but trading him to Buffalo or KC for example is not wise.  Unless their QB goes down there is no reason those teams don’t make the playoffs.  NE has been mentioned multiple times and I’d have a hard time sending him there as well.  Someone like JAX or CIN would be great lol 

Sure, but I would rather trade him to Buffalo for first than Jacksonville for a second, is the point. Even if Jacksonville throws in a little extra the first is just worth more. Like many have said, both those teams are one injury away from a top 15 pick. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

Just now, falcons007 said:

I wouldn’t take Henry for Julio. Henry had close to 800 carries last two years(378 in 2020) and around 1200 carries in last 3 years. That’s too much wear and tear.

Julio has a lot of wear and tear as well. 

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We need to get a really good player in exchange for Julio. Either defense or running back or even o line 

I wouldn’t touch RB unless it’s a guy like Dobbins who is in second year of his rookie deal. Give me a defensive play maker and another mid round pick or first round pick and other pick.

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Problem is he is coming off the worst season of his career by a huge margin. This is the lowest his value has been. Ever. If TD knew he was disgruntled he should have been shopping him LAST year when we could have gotten a king's ransom for him. 

Other teams can see we were bad for reasons beyond Julio. They're smarter than our fans

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

The way I read that and admittedly this could be projecting, but I'm thinking if it's a first round pick, then it's most likely a 2023 1st rounder instead of a 2022.

That's not to say other compensation wouldn't come with it like a 2022 5th rounder or something of that nature. But for first round I'm think 2 years from now.

I said in another thread I think that I'd take a 2022 3rd and a 2023 1st over a 2022 2nd.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Other teams can see we were bad for reasons beyond Julio. They're smarter than our fans

Not talking about team performance. He had 700 yards at age 32. I know teams are smart, they know his injury was a hammy which doesn't really entail a high risk of recurring after a full off season. But at the end of the day when they are at the negotiating table they will point to those 700 yards and his injuries and low ball the Falcons. If we had traded him last year they would have no bullets whatsoever. We could have gotten full value for Julio which would have been a projected top 15 pick plus a future second to get conversations started. 

29 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Why would a rebuilding team want Julio Jones? I will await that answer with baited breath.

Why would any team that is not close want Jones at this point? That is the question people need to ask themselves before the crazy Houston/Jax/Jets scenarios..it just is not happening.

Idk... to sell tickets.  Why would we want to trade him to a team who won’t give us fair compensation?  A late first rounder is not enough to eat that dead cap money IMO.  

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic