The Featured Julio Thread

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

They’re going through the 7 stages of grief right now, they just made it past denial now they’re angry lmao. Now the whole board gonna pretend like Julio not one of if not THE greatest player to put on an ATL jersey. Criticizing one of the toughest WRs that plays through injury more than anyone else just because he doesn’t want to play for a poverty franchise anymore. 

Way off...Julio has no right at all to treat a franchise the way he has after that franchise made him the highest paid WR at the time and put up with his lack of production in the end zone and coddled his *** when he just didn't want to practice. It had nothing to do with his talent... Julio is to blame for it all. So I'm sure if a team actually offers something for him, he will be great the half season he will give them. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really? He went all A Brown?

Did I miss where they confirmed he knew he was on air?

Did I miss him getting in front of a camera and sending crazy tweets ****ting on his teammates?

Yeah he did not know he was on the air... that is no excuse.  Whether he does it behind closed doors or "on the air"  he is no longer a team player.  He no longer has allegiance to the team that guaranteed him 15mil +.

I don't believe he did not know he was on the air.  Teams have handlers and your agent is a handler.  You do not talk to any media that isn't vetted.  Get real.  That claim is just damage control.   He hurt his brand.  His agent and him are making moves.

Give him time.  This mess is just starting.  June 1st is around the corner.

Let see if the Front office is going to push back and play the player.

Quinn and TD are gone. The new Admin are not going to be pushed around by a player full of himself. They probably see it as a crucial time to not show weakness.  Especially when that players salary is 50% of our cap problems.

:flame:

Edited by Realsurfin

6 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Do you not understand the meaning of the word, "CONTRACT"?

huh? LOl I was speaking in regards to Julio's time here coming to and end. Nothing more. Hate to see him go but hey it's business.  Sanders took off and ended up on not one but two championship teams. Favre was tossed and went on to do great things. I was just pointing out the obvious. At this point i am sure where ever he lands he will probably end up with a championship!   Seems a thing with this Franchise.  I was just telling it how i see it. Loved him as a Falcon but if He is gone he is gone..

I always leave all the number crunching and debate over contracts to the rest of the talking heads around here 🙂 I just love football. I always want the best for the Falcons and it's fan base. Even if I probably won't live to see it! 🙂

GO FALCONS!

49 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

He sure got rid of all those Ryan is no good posts cluttering up the boards.... haaaaaa🤣👍🏈

Good point! I am actually surprised Ryan is not out the door with him.. 🙂  At this point I don't think it would matter either way. I will root for our team no matter who stays or goes.. Just win baby!  Please oh please!  This fan base deserves it..

GO FALCONS!

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I didn’t mention it because the thing in Undisputed is common knowledge.

Let me fisher price this for you.

Before Monday there were some of us that thought Julio was going to be traded. Not that we disliked Julio we just saw the writing on the wall. It made sense for the Falcons to move on because of cap concerns.

When we tried to mention this we were met with hostility and there was no way the Falcons were going to trade Julio. Even though Jeff Schultz wrote an article basically stating that, we didn’t know what we were talking about because AS didn’t come out and confirm there had been trade discussions. Basically we were fools and the Falcons are so much better with Julio. Everyone was liking those comments and patting each other on the back.

Then Monday happened. At first there was shock but as the day went I saw the turn. Some of the people that were the loudest about there was no way he would be traded are the ones hating him the most now. They loved him then and none of the things that mattered then are huge deals now. Now I will admit not everyone is doing that. There are quite a few that have been reasonable but for the other ones it’s been a pure rage fest. 

But I get it. People’s feelings are hurt like Julio betrayed them personally. It’s funny how people are acting like it was their money or that Julio owed them something.

That was a poor deflection.  You are attacking people for changing their attitudes about Julio after they learned he asked to be traded.  Further, part of your attack is the accusation that these fans are hurt and feel betrayed.  Yet, your response is filled with your own hurt that TATF did not accept your assumption that Julio would be traded.  Hypocritical much?

4 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

They’re going through the 7 stages of grief right now, they just made it past denial now they’re angry lmao. Now the whole board gonna pretend like Julio not one of if not THE greatest player to put on an ATL jersey. Criticizing one of the toughest WRs that plays through injury more than anyone else just because he doesn’t want to play for a poverty franchise anymore. 

“Poverty Franchise???”

FU dude, the door is right over there, go ahead and follow Julio right through it, we don’t need “fans” like you. Tampa’s bandwagon I’m sure has room for you...

12 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

There certainly some truth to this. It's a shame, he'll go down as a Falcon great but it's a pretty sour end.

Makes me think about the way Joe Montana left the 49ers. There was a lot of hurt feelings there on both sides for a while.

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

4 days ago there was no legitimate leg to stand on. It's a different story when it comes from the horse's mouth then The legit guys start spilling details they've been quiet on.  The legit guys kept things quiet until it came from him.

No one is going to  a rumor saying he would rather play with Cam than Matt serious. 

Also, it’s different when the whole “Falcons are trading Julio” stuff goes fully against the direction the team has taken the entire offseason. Once it came out straight from Julio that he wanted out and had asked for a trade, only then did it make sense that the Falcons would be interested in trading Julio.

I was one of them that thought there was no way Julio was getting traded. It took me hearing it straight from him to change my opinion and realize why all the “Falcons are trading Julio” talk was out there. Only then did it all make sense.

Personally hate it so much. A couple months ago I purchased a plague with Ryan and Julio celebrating a TD against the Chiefs in 2012 and it said Touchdown Tandem. It hangs on my wall. There’s a Julio poster on my wall too right beside my Ryan poster. Gonna really suck to see him suit up for someone else and I’ll definitely miss him being nearly unstoppable for the Falcons but I will cherish the memories he made for the Falcons.

Now all that being said, I’ve said **** Julio cause he could have handled this a whole lot better. You don’t go on live tv and air dirty laundry. If he doesn’t want to be here then fine. More power to him. I don’t wish him any ill will but I also won’t get hung up on what he does or doesn’t do wherever he goes. Julio made his decision. Team before player any day.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Also, it’s different when the whole “Falcons are trading Julio” stuff goes fully against the direction the team has taken the entire offseason. Once it came out straight from Julio that he wanted out and had asked for a trade, only then did it make sense that the Falcons would be interested in trading Julio.

I was one of them that thought there was no way Julio was getting traded. It took me hearing it straight from him to change my opinion and realize why all the “Falcons are trading Julio” talk was out there. Only then did it all make sense.

Personally hate it so much. A couple months ago I purchased a plague with Ryan and Julio celebrating a TD against the Chiefs in 2012 and it said Touchdown Tandem. It hangs on my wall. There’s a Julio poster on my wall too right beside my Ryan poster. Gonna really suck to see him suit up for someone else and I’ll definitely miss him being nearly unstoppable for the Falcons but I will cherish the memories he made for the Falcons.

Now all that being said, I’ve said **** Julio cause he could have handled this a whole lot better. You don’t go on live tv and air dirty laundry. If he doesn’t want to be here then fine. More power to him. I don’t wish him any ill will but I also won’t get hung up on what he does or doesn’t do wherever he goes. Julio made his decision. Team before player any day.

That's why I stopped dropping expensive bucks on memorabilia and stick to trading cards on EBay for $2 😂

So, I'll never say F Julio. He did amazing things for the franchise. He did everything the right way imo. 

Even though he wasnt happy, he showed up when he needed to show up and he said all the right things unlike other players who go out of their way to voice displeasure to the media. 

I'm not going to speculate if he actually knew he was on air or not because on the surface, he didn't know. He should have known given the time frame but if they say he didn't know, I won't question it. It is what it is. Him saying that doesn't change my respect for him, mostly because he's handled it the right way the entire time

8 hours ago, Rings said:

Meanwhile most my exes I still casually talk to or check in to see how they are doing in life every few years. My wife still plays video games every now and then with her first boyfriend.

I find that a little weird. But that’s just me.

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's why I stopped dropping expensive bucks on memorabilia and stick to trading cards on EBay for $2 😂

So, I'll never say F Julio. He did amazing things for the franchise. He did everything the right way imo. 

Even though he wasnt happy, he showed up when he needed to show up and he said all the right things unlike other players who go out of their way to voice displeasure to the media. 

I'm not going to speculate if he actually knew he was on air or not because on the surface, he didn't know. He should have known given the time frame but if they say he didn't know, I won't question it. It is what it is. Him saying that doesn't change my respect for him, mostly because he's handled it the right way the entire time

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on how he handled it and if it was done the correct way or not. At this point, it really doesn’t matter. The damage has been done and now all parties need a fresh start. Like I said, I personally have no ill will. In due time I’ll get over the way it ended and all will be kosher when Julio’s playing days are done and he returns to be inducted into the ring of honor. But right now, I’m pissed because I don’t know why Julio would feel salty towards the Falcons when they have done nothing but bend over backwards to please him.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on how he handled it and if it was done the correct way or not. At this point, it really doesn’t matter. The damage has been done and now all parties need a fresh start. Like I said, I personally have no ill will. In due time I’ll get over the way it ended and all will be kosher when Julio’s playing days are done and he returns to be inducted into the ring of honor. But right now, I’m pissed because I don’t know why Julio would feel salty towards the Falcons when they have done nothing but bend over backwards to please him.

There's always multiple sides to a story. For all we know, he asked for a trade before the most recent extension and they told him heck no. He could have became salty when they took Ridley in the first round. You know how everyone always says/assumes players don't want to see players drafted at their position, especially in the first round. That could have been the case. Just never know. 

Ultimately, he has a reason. It may not be considered a good reason, but he has a reason. We all do when we develop certain feelings. 

9 hours ago, Rings said:

Meanwhile most my exes I still casually talk to or check in to see how they are doing in life every few years. My wife still plays video games every now and then with her first boyfriend.

I do this.  I am friends with most of mine.  Many of them were a LONG TIME ago, so its nice to see their families grow.  

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I find that a little weird. But that’s just me.

Why?  Neither of us see the others as a threat by any means.  Two my exes and I left on good terms.  One we wanted different things, one I moved back home, both mutual break ups.  I’m married, both of them are with families, both good people.  Don’t ever hang out or get together, just catch up every few years through text or Facebook.  Think it’s a respectful thing to do with someone who I cared about for a long time.

10 hours ago, robertap said:

If Blank would stay the fudge off of the dang field, not comment on contracts, and let his FOOTBALL PEOPLE run the football team, then we wouldn't be dealing with crap like this.  Mr. Blank, if you want to bring a championship to Atlanta, make sure that you have people on staff who know what they are doing, and get the **** out of their way.

I do feel like A Blank needs to just take a hands off approach to the Falcons.  Hire people that you have 100% faith in, and let them do their jobs. Just wondering how many players or coaches were kept around just because of Blank, that otherwise shouldn't have been kept? 

Ryan still has some good quality years left.  Julio probably does too, but Julio misses a lot of games and practices.  Not sure I've ever heard about M Ryan doing anything close to that.  Also M Ryan is better than a lot of other qbs who are being paid more than him.  Wondering if M Ryan should threaten to sit out OTAs and training camp if he doesn't get a new better deal?  

15 hours ago, Red-E said:

I'm just pissed me and my girl gotta keep the number 11 Jersey's we bought. Hers was a Christmas present and I got mine a few months before Christmas. Just going personalized jerseys from here on out.

Welcome to professional sports. 

8 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

He sure got rid of all those Ryan is no good posts cluttering up the boards.... haaaaaa🤣👍🏈

Nah there is was at least one person who was trying to throw shade at Ryan while posting about Julio.

Julio has been great for this team.  We can pick apart his weaknesses and apparent attitude issues now, but for a decade he was our finest receiver, perhaps ever.  But, its clear now that he no longer wishes to play here.  So, its time for all of us to move along.  Calvin Ridley is our number one receiver.  Julio wants to be elsewhere.

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic