The Featured Julio Thread

I personally think that they should not even trade Julio.  The draft capital he would get would not be meaningful enough to take the salary hit or agree to pay a percentage of his base salary which is what teams are requesting.  I would force him to either reconcile with the team and ownership or do his L. Bell impersonation and sit out the season which would save the team valuable cap money.  Side note... Julio's reputation has reached Antonio Brown level and it will be very hard for him at this point to rehabilitate it enough to make any more money in this league.  Brown has to now take 1 year 3 mil dollar contracts which may be Julio's fate going forward if he does not report and repair his relationship with the Falcon's organization and its players especially A. Blank and Ryan.

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

And then you cannot find a viable way to sign your draft picks if Grady doesn’t agree to an extension. That ain’t happening.

I remember Fontenot saying in an interview that there's plenty of ways to move around cap situations. More than most might think.

Remember where he was for 16 years.

9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

And then you cannot find a viable way to sign your draft picks if Grady doesn’t agree to an extension. That ain’t happening.

You don't need to extend Grady to sign Rookie class. Grady doesn't want to extend anyways. He didnt say no to restructure. 

This is in alignment with my opinion that Julio's agent is trying to force a trade with the phone call stunt but played ignorant when the NFL got involved...:lol: Julio doesn't care what the the Falcons get, he just wants out of there...

12 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

I personally think that they should not even trade Julio.  The draft capital he would get would not be meaningful enough to take the salary hit or agree to pay a percentage of his base salary which is what teams are requesting.  I would force him to either reconcile with the team and ownership or do his L. Bell impersonation and sit out the season which would save the team valuable cap money.  Side note... Julio's reputation has reached Antonio Brown level and it will be very hard for him at this point to rehabilitate it enough to make any more money in this league.  Brown has to now take 1 year 3 mil dollar contracts which may be Julio's fate going forward if he does not report and repair his relationship with the Falcon's organization and its players especially A. Blank and Ryan.

I don't think it's all that bad.  This is a bad look for Julio, but it will be soon forgotten.  Brown was accused of raping people and basically crapped the nest in every organization he was ever in.  He'll probably do it in Tampa eventually.  Julio made a mistake, but he isn't that.

Just now, Gee-Q said:

If I'm ATL, I'm working my magic to clear up cap space to sign rookies.

Then give Julio 3 options.

Play... Sit (get fined)....Retire

Plain & simple. I am NOT trading Julio

Oh, I'd trade him for the right price.  If he's truly mad, I don't want him in the locker room.

Not that I'd trade him for a bag of chips -- there's a point where I would make him play.  But that's not option 1 for me if I'm Fontenot and Smith.  He wants out.  If that's the case, I want him out.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yeah that is a diamond sized grain of salt that it needs to be taken with.

But I will say this is a pretty feasible scenario Imo.

And this is one area where I will say I am okay with Blank stepping in.

I'm not okay with him stepping in, especially if the reason is what Florio said -- "he'd be embarrassed."  Who gives a ****?  This is a football team, not a cotillion.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Good. If im Blank Im not taking less than a 1st for Julio. if not hes not getting traded.

So you advocate holding players hostage now like Washington did with Trent Williams?

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Oh, I'd trade him for the right price.  If he's truly mad, I don't want him in the locker room.

Not that I'd trade him for a bag of chips -- there's a point where I would make him play.  But that's not option 1 for me if I'm Fontenot and Smith.  He wants out.  If that's the case, I want him out.

Fair point.  But the trade has to include a 1 and a player.. or a 1 and another pick.  If not, then back to my original 3 options

Just now, Gee-Q said:

Fair point.  But the trade has to include a 1 and a player.. or a 1 and another pick.  If not, then back to my original 3 options

I mean, if that's the price Font and Smith have landed on, sure.  But I trust them to value the market and insist on market price.  I don't think it's arbitrary, and I don't think we have our fingers on the pulse of that market.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I'm not okay with him stepping in, especially if the reason is what Florio said -- "he'd be embarrassed."  Who gives a ****?  This is a football team, not a cotillion.

See I don't mind the owner saying "look if you're going to trade one of our main players you are going to get value for him and a second us not good value for him".

Regardless if it is because he wants to save embarrassment or because it is the right approach to take.

So a very well could be the right approach to take for the wrong reason but the end result is still what's best for the football team imo.

Just now, Gee-Q said:

How dramatic can you be....

Hostage?  For expecting a player to live up to the contract that they dearly wanted.. not even 2 years ago??

I completely agree with ATL if they decide to not trade Julio.  

And do teams hold up their side of the contract when they cut players left and right?  It's only fair.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I mean, if that's the price Font and Smith have landed on, sure.  But I trust them to value the market and insist on market price.  I don't think it's arbitrary, and I don't think we have our fingers on the pulse of that market.

And again.. market for Julio at minimum, should include a 1...  and if it doesnt' happen, we keep him.  To **** with his "feelings"

If anybody thinks it's good that AB is getting in the middle of how this team is run, yikes. If TF says yes we'll take a 2nd rounder and AB is overruling him, that is NOT good. What else is he going to overrule? Maybe Florio is garbo, but if there's any truth to this, I can't see that as being a good thing in terms of how things are going to work.

Get outta here and go sell some 2x4's AB, you know about as much about football as my nephew knows about keeping a job.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I have no problem AB stepping in if the value isn't there in the trade. Its up to Julio and his agent to get a trade partner for what Falcons want. 

• JD dirtybird21 changed the title to The Featured Julio Thread
  • ya_boi_j featured and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned and pinned this topic
  • ya_boi_j locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic