Foye speaks about new defense

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I love this guy

How can you listen to him talk about football and not love the guy? 

He is laser quick. He answered those questions like he knew them ahead of time, and he actually had some interesting analysis.

I want more pressers from this man. I like hearing him talk about football.

35 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

He is laser quick. He answered those questions like he knew them ahead of time, and he actually had some interesting analysis.

Extremely smart guy and evolving in skillset.

5 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

The Kid is Ivy League.  Whip smart.  No football scholarships there.  

20 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

More like "academics." 😉

I know one guy who certainly fit the bill in terms of academics who went to Harvard and played football there. I imagine the standard is much lower for athletes than non athletes like any other university, but the kids who get to play there are pretty talented in both realms.

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I know one guy who certainly fit the bill in terms of academics who went to Harvard and played football there. I imagine the standard is much lower for athletes than non athletes like any other university, but the kids who get to play there are pretty talented in both realms.

Right. Even their athletes are super smart. But without athletics, the academic expectations are veritably unattainable.

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Both, but I was talking about Foye just then. I looked at him as a safety before the draft, in many ways he still is. He and Jones are both 4.4 guys.

It really felt like Quinn brought Jones in, set him up as the prototypical NFL MLB of the current age, and then forgot what to do with him for the past three years. 

It was like night and day when Morris took over. Just that first game against the Vikings he played like he hadn't in years. It's hard not to be excited about the next season.

Real coaching? Wow.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It really felt like Quinn brought Jones in, set him up as the prototypical NFL MLB of the current age, and then forgot what to do with him for the past three years. 

It was like night and day when Morris took over. Just that first game against the Vikings he played like he hadn't in years. It's hard not to be excited about the next season.

Real coaching? Wow.

IKR? The mind boggles. Words fail.

Mind Blow Wow GIF

On 5/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, rugger8 said:

Totally agree. But while they might not have football scholarships, they often do use scholarships for other things on football players.

you're missing the point of his previous comment. The poster was saying Foye is smart he earned that academic scholarship

13 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

you're missing the point of his previous comment. The poster was saying Foye is smart he earned that academic scholarship

I'm not missing the point. I agreed that he's smart. We also agreed that it's unlikely that athletes would get their "academic scholarships" without athletics. Football, in his case.