NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a $208.2 million salary cap ceiling for 2022

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1397617126458855425

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
· 10m
The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a $208.2 million salary cap ceiling for 2022, per source. There is no cap floor as of now. The sides agreed last August to spread the COVID-related revenue shortfall from 2020 over several years, and the cap dropped to $182.5M this year.

If the cap hits this ceiling as it should get close.... We should be in better shape next year... Still cant go out and spend like crazy but better shape (especially with a couple contract extensions)

51 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Couldn't it change if ratings or attendance goes through the roof this season since people are able to enjoy activities again?

Nawww... They borrowed from future caps for this year... I think the agreement is if its money left over after the 208 it goes into the players retirement pool or what not.. I think they borrowed from that

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1397617126458855425

If the cap hits this ceiling as it should get close.... We should be in better shape next year... Still cant go out and spend like crazy but better shape (especially with a couple contract extensions)

i hope we can get through whatever is going on with julio and we can make this right..we have a winning playoff season at least..just build..i really dont want to lose julio but after the **** storm this week idk

1 minute ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

i hope we can get through whatever is going on with julio and we can make this right..we have a winning playoff season at least..just build..i really dont want to lose julio but after the **** storm this week idk

julio is gone.. it is what it is.... its time to move forward

i still think this O is gonna be a problem

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Couldn't it change if ratings or attendance goes through the roof this season since people are able to enjoy activities again?

No, not for 2022. That's the highest it can go. That could affect 2023 and beyond though

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The cap this year is utter ********. There is money to keep it up there this year too. The league creating drama where there needs to be none.

Yeah it is BS that they cut it so much.

I just hope that they make up for it in 2023

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

No, not for 2022. That's the highest it can go. That could affect 2023 and beyond though

There's also the new TV deal that starts in the 2023 NFL season. Salary cap will really jump up starting with the 2024 season when the revenue from that hits.

2 hours ago, ryanvalz said:

Yeah we really want to keep Julio around when he publicly said he is outta here and he hasn't shown up to OTA's or around the team for the past year.  Anything related to TD and DQ can have one freaking foot out the door as far as i am concerned. 

We should keep Aholio Jones just cause we can... he gets paid either way.  Make him earn it.

1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

We should keep Aholio Jones just cause we can... he gets paid either way.  Make him earn it.

Right, he sounded so motivated to play for the Falcons with what he said with Sharpe.  Just let the guy go.  Its Kyle Pitts time

49 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Have you ever had a significant other who wasn't happy for a long time and finally told you they didn't want to be with you anymore? 

exactly dude. I love Julio but if he don't wanna be here ... bounce.  all I care about right is #2 (not poop lol)

without 11 we're still a contender, without 2, gonna be a LONG season

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

exactly dude. I love Julio but if he don't wanna be here ... bounce.  all I care about right is #2 (not poop lol)

without 11 we're still a contender, without 2, gonna be a LONG season

The way I've been gassing lately, I need a good #2. 

But yeah, all of these scenarios trying to keep him a Falcon, there's no point. When a partner doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore, you let that person explore other options. Either they learn the grass isn't greener and come back and work things out or they stay gone. I've been there before. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sure is. I told my wife she's probably the only person on this planet that can hurt my feelings. She's like Kwame Brown. Quiet but when she's fed up, look out 😂

Lol same here my wife is quiet but watch out when she loses her temper.

Couldn't sleep or early riser ? I woke up at 4:30 wide awake don’t ask me why ? 

7 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Lol same here my wife is quiet but watch out when she loses her temper.

Couldn't sleep or early riser ? I woke up at 4:30 wide awake don’t ask me why ? 

Lol I come to work early so my body has been automatically set on waking up between 3-4:30 every day, even if I'm off a week