Sherman after potential Julio trade?

19 minutes ago, hjerry said:

No

We need another starting CB, just not Sherman

I think the coaching staff really believes Fabian Moreau can be the other starter.   He lined up opposite Terrell in OTAs with Oliver at nickle.  Unless Moreau struggles (he certainly has the athletic ability to succeed) I don't know that we add another veteran.  

30 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

I think the coaching staff really believes Fabian Moreau can be the other starter.   He lined up opposite Terrell in OTAs with Oliver at nickle.  Unless Moreau struggles (he certainly has the athletic ability to succeed) I don't know that we add another veteran.  

That's based on a lot of hope, based on little to know proof of him being that level, and even one injury and we go from what's already a mediocre at best unit to a straight garbage unit. 

Don't take risks. Be sure

He's old, and honestly he built his name based on other players work. He really isn't that good truthfully. Some here are too afraid of the aftermath saying such things,

but I"ll say it, he really isn't that good......... 

1 hour ago, BeenThere said:

He's old, and honestly he built his name based on other players work. He really isn't that good truthfully. Some here are too afraid of the aftermath saying such things,

but I"ll say it, he really isn't that good......... 

He was good for the system he was in. The system protected him.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Pees is going to find a way to scheme pressure up front, going to be harder to scheme up coverage to support bringing extra guys blitzing imo.

while I agree, You still need someone that win a 1v1 and right now outside of Grady and maybe Fowler we don't have much. You can have the greatest cover guys in the world but if the QB has all day it won't matter.

31 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

while I agree, You still need someone that win a 1v1 and right now outside of Grady and maybe Fowler we don't have much. You can have the greatest cover guys in the world but if the QB has all day it won't matter.

I agree, which is why scheming pressure matters.  We are so used to dropping 8 in coverage on third down and only rushing three, or on both sides of the ball saying “go beat your man”, we have forgotten what a good scheme can do to free up your guys.  

Why I think coverage matters more is because QBs time to throw has decreased drastically over the last 5-10 years.  Ball is coming out quicker than ever so it’s harder for someone who does beat their guy to get there in time.  If one person in coverage doesn’t do their job, it’s a completed pass.  If one pass rusher doesn’t do their job, you have multiple others than could still get home as long as coverage holds up.  I agree both are important, but you could have both watt brothers on this line and you put Oliver or Sheffield in a 1on1 matchup and that’s a completed pass more often than not.

I'd love it. The few times we've brought in vets that have done it at the highest level we've reaped immense rewards. Especially in the play of younger talent... Go down the line from Tony G, Roddy (he was already here), Mack, Freeney, etc

23 hours ago, Deep2Julio said:

Does the team do it? He'd be great for Terrell's development and could potentially bring to the team what Samuel brought to the defense back in 2012.

Pee's needs cover corners because of how he blitzes. Sherman needs that zone. He'll go to a team that runs that seattle system.

39 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think we will see how the Julio shyte finishes up, sign our kids, then see who gets cut in camps.  Realistically I think we are in a far better spot on defense than we were last season.  I don't think we need to pay fading former stars to come to the ATL.

Steven Nelson is a proven solid starting outside CB, Brian Poole is an above average Nickel CB, and Justin Houston, even with his age, can still get to the QB better than anyone we currently have on the roster.

Secondary and Edge are both average to below average right now and are one injury away from being among the worst in the league. Those signings make every category at least solid, though Edge would still be average at best