Ok something positive about the 2021 season

Ok we loose julio jones but our weapons have to feel like a amusement park for AS. He never had a good qb. Just a really good rb. But nothing else. Tight end wide receive. We going to have hurst pitts calvin and rb smith. You guys have to understand our play schemes where a F specially on defense. If we upgrade that to a B i still dont know if we make the playoff without julio

I think the offense can still be quite potent without Julio.  The silver lining is that throughout all of the pre-season work, the offense can be focused on the players that we'll have, and it's not like we prepared the entire time to have Julio only to have him go down in week 1 with a season ending injury.  I'm still very excited to see what Smith does with all of these weapons and what Ryan can do with a run game and an o-line that is better coached.  

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Offense your worried about thee offense.

Try thee other side of the ball and get back to me.

yea let's talk about the defense more, all the threads are about offense.  I think we definitely got better in the secondary with drafting Grant and signing the free agent safeties and corner.  It may take a few games for them to gel nicely but I will be a lot more confident if Moreau is the starter in place of Oliver on the outside, and we also don't have to rely on Neal in coverage.  Linebackers are good to go, as I think Deion Jones will be back to form this season and Mychal Walker looks like the real deal.  the biggest question mark is still the pass rush but I have hope that the new DC can work some magic here.  the player I'm most excited to see this year is actually Marlon Davidson because I was so pumped when we drafted him last year and I think he just had a rough time of it having to recover from covid and injury

2 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

yea let's talk about the defense more, all the threads are about offense.  I think we definitely got better in the secondary with drafting Grant and signing the free agent safeties and corner.  It may take a few games for them to gel nicely but I will be a lot more confident if Moreau is the starter in place of Oliver on the outside, and we also don't have to rely on Neal in coverage.  Linebackers are good to go, as I think Deion Jones will be back to form this season and Mychal Walker looks like the real deal.  the biggest question mark is still the pass rush but I have hope that the new DC can work some magic here.  the player I'm most excited to see this year is actually Marlon Davidson because I was so pumped when we drafted him last year and I think he just had a rough time of it having to recover from covid and injury

Deion jones has to be the player im more excited about in defense. Even olukon and grady before davidson

I think we need a couple of guys not named Grady Jarrett to step up and take the next step.

Scheme and coaching are going to be huge 3s ok but 7s is what we have to limit.

I got a sneaking suspicion we won’t be hard to move the chains on but will be better locking it down inside the red zone

5 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Deion jones has to be the player im more excited about in defense. Even olukon and grady before davidson

This. Deion is going to have a season similar to the one Devin White had. We are going to send Deion screaming at the QB A LOT. Add to the fact he is twice the guy in coverage that Devin White is, we could see a return to the dominant Deion we had around 2017/2018.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think we need a couple of guys not named Grady Jarrett to step up and take the next step.

Scheme and coaching are going to be huge 3s ok but 7s is what we have to limit.

I got a sneaking suspicion we won’t be hard to move the chains on but will be better locking it down inside the red zone

And really, that’s most teams these days. It’s hard to keep any team from moving between the 20s with today’s rules. It’s what you do in the red zone that makes or breaks your defense. 

I like our overall speed in close quarters. We just need someone to put them in a better position to make plays.

10 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

And really, that’s most teams these days. It’s hard to keep any team from moving between the 20s with today’s rules. It’s what you do in the red zone that makes or breaks your defense. 

I like our overall speed in close quarters. We just need someone to put them in a better position to make plays.

Great post.  The rules changes favor the offense.  There is a distinct advantage for the offense between the twenties.  Red zone is key for us.  We've SUCKED in it for several years.  Arthur has to fix that.

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Great post.  The rules changes favor the offense.  There is a distinct advantage for the offense between the twenties.  Red zone is key for us.  We've SUCKED in it for several years.  Arthur has to fix that.

I think drafting Pitts was a huge part of thinking red zone

7 hours ago, thanat0s said:

We haven’t got a closer is my biggest worry.We can blitz and be exotic as we want but we still need someone or by committee to close games.

This is where thee offense can help immeasurably in a lot of ways.4 min offense with the lead a take your heart running game.To me we’ve got running backs that suggest we can dish out some punishment.For me this is option 1.

2.Fast starts putting the opposing teams under the gun early.This also protects us and allows us some latitude to take a few chances and attack knowing that we can get off to these leads.It puts a dynamic in play we haven’t seen since early Ryan years 08-12 and 15-17.

3 like many have mentioned coaching and attention to details is easily thee biggest off season upgrade.I been a broken record on this coaching thing for years.Hopefully Smith and especially Pees remedy’s what’s been hurting us for awhile.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

We haven’t got a closer is my biggest worry.We can blitz and be exotic as we want but we still need someone or by committee to close games.

This is where thee offense can help immeasurably in a lot of ways.4 min offense with the lead a take your heart running game.To me we’ve got running backs that suggest we can dish out some punishment.For me this is option 1.

2.Fast starts putting the opposing teams under the gun early.This also protects us and allows us some latitude to take a few chances and attack knowing that we can get off to these leads.It puts a dynamic in play we haven’t seen since early Ryan years 08-12 and 15-17.

3 like many have mentioned coaching and attention to details is easily thee biggest off season upgrade.I been a broken record on this coaching thing for years.Hopefully Smith and especially Pees remedy’s what’s been hurting us for awhile.

Bro, we got THE closer!

duron-harmon.jpg

There is a lot to look forward to.  A new regime, and a new season with new ideals is always something to look to for hope of an improved season.

I think we will have hiccups, and this won't be our year to win it all.  But, I anticipate the offense being fun to watch and improved in the red zone.  I expect the Defense to gel, and to play together.  We won't be world crushing dominant, but I daresay that we won't lose games due to stupid **** and lack of preparation.